More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 05:25:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Bon Voyage Woohoo Memories
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Bon Voyage Woohoo Memories  (Read 31864 times)
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Bon Voyage Woohoo Memories
« Reply #50 on: 2007 October 26, 19:48:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as fixing goes, I guess that depends on whether you're willing to wait till one of us modders start using those objects in a serious way (and are therefore motivated to fix it).

Hey, no big rush on my account.  It's not like my knowledge sims will never want to woohoo again anyway, randy little buggers.  Up and down like the Assyrian Empire, that lot.  They'll get their memories one way or the other.  Grin (Bloody romance sims all seem to want to skill and play with babies)  Hammock woohoo is funny once or twice, but not as "convenient" as couch or bed, or even change booth woohoo, IMO.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 October 26, 20:50:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And if one of you was motivated to create a "Did Woohoo in Hammock with....." then JM would be motivated to create an anti-"Did Woohoo in Hammock with....."spam mod!

In the woohoo sense, a hammock is just a bed.  It's a bit like them getting the want to woohoo in the hot tub and woohoo in lovetub at the same time, both wants roll away when the lovetub want is fulfilled, but I don't think I've ever seen them getting both sets of aspiration points.

Zephyr Zodiac
Menaceman
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2007 October 26, 21:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, this thread branched out quite a fair bit from my original post. Getting back to that; would it be possible for somebody to create a hack that allows Sims to gain woohoo memories from a hammock and tent? It puts me off wanting to use them while they can't.

I have not checked this and can not until later, but is it that they don't get any woohoo memory at all (i.e. any memory that might fulfill a part of a "woohoo 20 sims" LTW - would they get a "did woohoo with X" memory, for example?), or is it that they just don't get a "did woohoo in hammock" memory?

If the former, I can see a problem in that any woohoo in a hammock would need to be repeated then with the same sim woohoo partner for it to "count" for that LTW.  If however you just don't get the "woohoo in hammock" memory, it's less problematic, in my view.

The Sims gaind absolutely NO memories relating to woohoo when using a tent or hammock. It seems stupid for EAxis to have left them out when every other type generates a memory including the sauna (no matter how borked it is).

Dizzy, it doesn't really matter how willing I am to wait does it? Not being willing to wait wont make it happen any sooner. I'll be patient and just see what happens.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 October 26, 23:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I don't think my Sims can Woohoo in enough places.  What about "WooHoo in the Shower?"  I think everybody has been waiting breathlessly for that one.  I tried to make a Shower Woohoo mod once, but failed catastrophically because I know next to nothing about Slot resources.  The two Sims could get in and shower in the same stall, but when the first one exited, the game crashed.

Basically all that needs to be done (I think) is change the Slotting so that two Sims can use the shower at the same time.  Then activate the Make-Out animation or the Changing Booth animation and you're done.  Seems easy, but what do I know.

I also think there are other Woohoos we need.  We need "Woohoo on the Grave of Mine Enemy."  Who hasn't wanted to do that before?  This should be really big with Romance Sims with few nice points.  Also Woohoo on Dining Table, Woohoo on Desk, Woohoo while Bent Over Balcony, Woohoo on Toy Oven, Woohoo Dressed Like Clowns, Woohoo in Orchard Tree (Seasons EP required).

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2007 October 27, 15:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I don't think my Sims can Woohoo in enough places.  What about "WooHoo in the Shower?"  I think everybody has been waiting breathlessly for that one.  I tried to make a Shower Woohoo mod once, but failed catastrophically because I know next to nothing about Slot resources.  The two Sims could get in and shower in the same stall, but when the first one exited, the game crashed.

Basically all that needs to be done (I think) is change the Slotting so that two Sims can use the shower at the same time.  Then activate the Make-Out animation or the Changing Booth animation and you're done.  Seems easy, but what do I know.

I also think there are other Woohoos we need.  We need "Woohoo on the Grave of Mine Enemy."  Who hasn't wanted to do that before?  This should be really big with Romance Sims with few nice points.  Also Woohoo on Dining Table, Woohoo on Desk, Woohoo while Bent Over Balcony, Woohoo on Toy Oven, Woohoo Dressed Like Clowns, Woohoo in Orchard Tree (Seasons EP required).

What if you convert a changing booth to a shower?

May all your fears & worries come true.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 October 27, 19:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might already be aware of the Sux McNutty Sinful Shower hacked object by hunter240x. It's pretty comprehensive, it includes many positions, custom animations, and options.
The comments seem to indicate that it will work with BV, but I don't think that hunter is still updating it. If you don't find the mod to handle everything that you want in a satisfactory way then maybe he would be willing to let you rip apart the code for your own use?

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2007 October 27, 19:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think the one really useful one would be "Woohoo in single bed" - after all, I'm sure most humans in RL have done that at some time or other, and some couples, of course, have twin beds from choice, but presumably they still woohoo!

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 October 27, 20:19:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I think the one really useful one would be "Woohoo in single bed" - after all, I'm sure most humans in RL have done that at some time or other, and some couples, of course, have twin beds from choice, but presumably they still woohoo!

That would certainly get "baaaa" noises out of me.  It's a pain when you build nice bedrooms for kid-sims that fit a twin bed nicely, only to have to upgrade both room and bed when they become teens when the romance (or knowledge) teen wants to bring boyfriend/girlfriend home to sleep over and there's no place to "get down" other than mum and dad's bed (and they're knowledge sims too, so you know they're using it already).  Cheesy

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2007 October 27, 20:32:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, and Romance are even worse!  Moth (aka Bottom) Summerdream came home from school, did her homework and grew up at 6.00 pm precisely.  At 6.05 pm she wandered off upstairs, where she and Benedict Monty (who had come home from school with Puck) were later discovered woohooing in Titania's bed!  After that, I put two doors on Titania's bedroom, and two on Oberons's, and locked them to only allow the two adults - aren't I a spoilsport!

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2007 October 27, 20:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My hood is too "young" for that kind of thing yet, it seems.  So far, my self-sim's stepdaughter, Avril Fisher, has the hots for a couple of the townie adult male sims.  Every time she's over for a birthday party (Avril is a townie teen - relationship established at CAS creation and I never severed it, so the townie my self-sim married has a daughter by "unknown") she ends up necking with someone.  So far no spontaneous woohoos though.  I'm still waiting.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2007 October 27, 20:51:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's partly a personality thing, and the two teens having high relationship scores.  Moth, of course, has a very outgoing personality, and in that version of Veronaville she was best friends with Benedict.  I'd also used SimPe to correct the Summerdream family's erroneous assumption that they are related to every other playable sim in the neighbourhood, and likewise to set their relationships back to zero or thereabouts with some of them, and those two still managed to get 100/100 by the time they grew to teen.  Also, I made Benedict Knowledge, while the game has predetermined him as Family, (I hate it when they do that....) so he was presumably just as keen to explore this new skill as she was! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2007 October 27, 21:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah well, then I can hope for funky things from my teen sims.  Both playable spawn are very outgoing and active (Alex has an 8 for outgoing and Bexley has 10 outgoing points.  Bexley has just made the jump from toddler to child, so we'll have to wait for him).  Alex already has 2 bolts with at least two teen girls he's met, and wants to romance at least one of them.  Relationship scores are STR 100 and LTR 50 (approximately) in both cases.  Let the fur fly, I say.

And then he can get a teen job, before running off to uni.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2007 October 27, 21:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do need to have the ACR object actually on the lot, I think, for them to woohoo autonomously, only adults and young adults will do it without spawning the adjuster.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2007 October 28, 00:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right; you also need the ACR adjuster on the lot for elders to woohoo autonomously, too.  TJ had some problems with the code for both teens and elders, and having the adjuster on the lot makes it work.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2007 October 28, 00:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My post was meant (mostly) in humor. 

I have tried Sux McNutty's shower.  I don't want to be critical of somebody else's work, but I had some issues with it.  It seemed to cause some crashes, possibly related to the ambitious attempts to change want-trees and memories.  I had to remove it when I upgraded to BV and haven't put it back.  The explicit animations lost their appeal very quickly and, after that, there was no game-related reason to do it again.  They were very long and mechanical looking. 

I do like the clothing-booth approach.  It's noisy, has a flashy animation, and leaves something to the imagination.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2007 October 28, 01:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You do need to have the ACR object actually on the lot, I think, for them to woohoo autonomously, only adults and young adults will do it without spawning the adjuster.

No issue there then.  The adjuster is on the lot (and an instantiation is on the comm lot as well).  I just checked SimPE and, as I suspected, there are not that many townies (or anyone else) with high enough STR or LTR scores to rate attraction high enough even for ACR woohoo (although flirting and kissing has been seen).  Only a matter of time.  The comm lot has a private room with a sofa, a sauna, a hot tub, and several hammocks.

The Travelers have "christened" the hot tub - I made them townies, but otherwise left them alone.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2007 October 28, 05:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now here's a tale:  Janet Grey (Pleasure) was invited to her son's fiancee's party at Uni.  She met Daniel Hay, (Popularity, recently graduated but not yet sent off to Edge Town), they chatted for a couple of minutes, and off they went to woohoo in the lovetub.  At most they had about 15 points STR and no LTR at all.  Seems Pleasure can be more persuasive than Romance, and no doubt she was sick and tired of her lazy Libra hubby (Family) who luckily wasn't invited.  She did, however, tell him all about it afterwards.......

Zephyr Zodiac
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2007 October 28, 05:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My post was meant (mostly) in humor. 

I have tried Sux McNutty's shower.  I don't want to be critical of somebody else's work, but I had some issues with it.  It seemed to cause some crashes, possibly related to the ambitious attempts to change want-trees and memories.  I had to remove it when I upgraded to BV and haven't put it back.  The explicit animations lost their appeal very quickly and, after that, there was no game-related reason to do it again.  They were very long and mechanical looking. 

I do like the clothing-booth approach.  It's noisy, has a flashy animation, and leaves something to the imagination.

To be honest, I've never used it. I've heard a lot of things along those lines, and I've had problems with Hunter's work before, so I decided not to give the shower a try. Although, I do think that the idea itself is pretty neat. If someone were to make and properly support a similar hacked object then I would most likely use it. So, I guess I got a bit hopeful that you might get inspired. Smiley

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2007 October 29, 14:01:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now here's a tale:  Janet Grey (Pleasure) was invited to her son's fiancee's party at Uni.  She met Daniel Hay, (Popularity, recently graduated but not yet sent off to Edge Town), they chatted for a couple of minutes, and off they went to woohoo in the lovetub.  At most they had about 15 points STR and no LTR at all.  Seems Pleasure can be more persuasive than Romance, and no doubt she was sick and tired of her lazy Libra hubby (Family) who luckily wasn't invited.  She did, however, tell him all about it afterwards.......

Funny.  You go to all the trouble to keep extra-curricular woohoo out of the jealousy zone, and the sim herself goes and "owns up".  Moar fight?

ACR is working in my game to spec.  Maurey (wife of self-sim) went to the Pango Mall to work out (since the family lives in a beach hut with few luxury devices).  While there, a sim couple autonomously "used" the hot tub.  Additionally, Maurey was "hit on" by a couple of sim males (makes it sound rather anthropological), but turned the flirts down (she's family orientation and married, so romancemod is working there as well, I think).  Meanwhile, back at the hut, Alex (now a teen) generally can get from "socialize-friendly" to ACR woohoo in one evening if the girl he's with has 2 bolts for him.  He generally takes her to the living room sofa (once while another fellow watched - Alex is quite outgoing).  He has also woohooed another girl in self-sim and Maurey's bed, while Self-sim was playing red hands with Bexley (little brother) in the same room.  I can only imagine Self-sim changed the sheets before sleeping in it again.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2007 October 29, 15:41:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, generally my Romance sims seem to go by ACR rules with no problems, but Pleasure is definitely a bit of a wild card - I have other Pleasure sims who are quite faithful, but they are not quite so outgoing and pleasure-loving as Janet (a Taurus), so I think they are perhaps more affected by personality than other aspirations - just as their wants are different for different personalities.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: