More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 06, 00:36:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Vacationers always take it slow
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vacationers always take it slow  (Read 3825 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Vacationers always take it slow
« on: 2007 October 24, 02:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally figured out something that's been driving me crazy, if not how to fix it.

On owned community lots, every time a vacation tourist comes on the lot, the game goes back to Speed 1. I play at Speed 2, with everyone macro'ing once they have gold badges, with motives frozen, so this is quite annoying. It's not happening on home businesses, just actual community lots. I've not been able to notice it happening on unowned community lots.

Anyone else noticed this?

Also, Pescado...the souvenir displays aren't being restocked under "Business..be Restocker".

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Vacationers always take it slow
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 24, 02:52:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I knew something was causing this.  Since BV, the game frequently switches to normal (slow) mode.  I put it in the not-fatal-but-still-slightly-annoying-glitch category.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 24, 05:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, played a bit further. It's only happening on vacation tourists, but not on all. Of course, it could be something independent and it's just coincidence. I hate paying attention.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 24, 06:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to sort of de-rail, but I am sick of the locals leaving and returning all the time in a mass migration. I wouldn't mind if they left and got replaced one at a time, but after about 3-4 sim hours all the vacation tourists leave-then new ones arrive!

I did notice the speed slowing, but didn't know what was causing it. Thanks Zaza Smiley

KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 24, 06:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is annoying. I'd wondered what was changing my speed too.  Angry

And I agree with Emma. Nothing annoys me more than trying to master the local gesture, and all of a sudden, all the locals are no longer selectable and I have to wait while the game lags through them all disappearing and a whole new set appearing!  Roll Eyes

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 24, 06:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great. I have so many annoying things to look forward to, once I get back home and on my own computer again. Bleh. Lips sealed

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 30, 00:20:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several modders have made global speed control mods that stop the game forcing itself into speed 1. TwoJeffs' Simulator Speed Controller is here. It says it works in "Any version", so I assume that includes BV...although the post is dated 25th July 2007, and I'm not sure exactly when BV was released. Worth a try, anyway.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 30, 14:39:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Baratron, the slow-downs at carpool never bothered me before, as I had conditioned myself to hit 2 again. This isn't predictable. I've identified at least a couple of sims...both vacation tourists...who cause the slow-down every time, but other than that they are male and tourists, I can't find what differentiates them from other tourists who aren't causing the slow-down.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: