More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 12:43:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pickpockets are stalkers
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pickpockets are stalkers  (Read 11662 times)
Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
Pickpockets are stalkers
« on: 2007 October 22, 19:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I decide to play my game, I decided to start afresh so I decided to summon a ninja (To modify his ugly bear face) and the pickpocket.
However after a few hours, the pickpocket stole one of my sims money, I made him do fisticuffs on the pickpocket and after that he comes round every hour on the hour on the lot with the fisticuffs action on him.
It's annoying the heck out of me so I did what anyone would do, I killed him and send his tombstone downtown.
I need to know how do I stop this from happening again?

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Pickpockets are stalkers
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 22, 20:19:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never see him in my game. Ban him with TJ's Visitor Controller

ISFJ
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 22, 20:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently you can call the cops and then he's not supposed to show up again for several days.  Hard to test, since I've only seen the blighter once, and cancelled any actions he tried to initiate with my sims.

Moveobjects on and delete?  I do that with the police car when I don't want the cops breaking up a party.  (A bit troublesome on holiday lots since you also have to enable the build/buy controls).

Since you killed the charlatan, does another one pop up now with the same regularity?

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 22, 22:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I would torture the pickpocket for a few days......

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 23, 05:59:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still haven't seen the charlatan, and I don't have him banned. I am wondering when he will turn up!

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 23, 07:33:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you killed the charlatan, does another one pop up now with the same regularity?
Well, I respawn a new one however after I've finished with him I delete him and this one doesn't come back to the lot.
I never see him in my game. Ban him with TJ's Visitor Controller
I did that however it didn't work in my game.

I just thought of something, would that charlatan get a furious token after you do fisticuffs on him?

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 23, 10:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not seen any stalkerly behavior, but thanks for pointing out that I need to properly integrate the "new" fight mode into the Fight Club so that you can actually win those fights.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 23, 23:37:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing BV every night, and I have not once seen the charlatan on any of the three vacation spots.

I think there may be something buggy in the (unpatched) BV scheduler with regards to the charlatan.  I thought of summoning him just to see what happens, but after your story, I think I'll pass for now.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 24, 00:11:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing BV every night, and I have not once seen the charlatan on any of the three vacation spots.

I think there may be something buggy in the (unpatched) BV scheduler with regards to the charlatan.  I thought of summoning him just to see what happens, but after your story, I think I'll pass for now.

I have the same prob he shows not on Commlots. I summoned him into Vacation Hoods.
In Takemitzu he made only his gestures but left Townies alone.
In Tree Lakes he has pickpocket an Townie after a wile and left the lot afterwards.
We will see what happens now. May be fresh spawned ones are borked in some way the original ones i got after installing BV showed allways on Comm lots and where busy to pickpocked everyone.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 24, 00:28:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean, I've never seen him ANYWHERE.  Only in pics on the forums.  I know he's in there somewhere.  The summoner shows him on the list of summonable NPC's.  He just isn't getting scheduled in my game.  I have no scheduling hacks, so that can't be the problem.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 24, 02:25:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw him pre-patch, only on the Far East lots.
Haven't seen him anywhere since.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

JacquiES
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 24, 03:01:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He showed up on one of my residential lots the other day.  I didn't notice he was there until boolprop told me there was an error with him doing something out of the world.  Very confusing, but I found him walking around outside the house, just making weird noises and pacing.  I think he finally left once the sun came up, but he is very stalkerish.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 24, 03:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe they based him on the obsessed fan!

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 24, 03:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw him pre-patch, only on the Far East lots.

Never seen him in the Far East.  Only once on Twikkii Island, and then I cancelled the greet interaction.  Never saw him again.

Tribulatio proxima est
Damsel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 24, 15:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen him three or four times in game but he never bothers any of my Sims. He always targets non playable Sims (in my game), it's so annoying! I've really been wanting my Sims to get robbed...lol

Check out my Sims 3 Legacy Challenge Story --> http://damselschamber.blogspot.com/
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 25, 12:32:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not know that Bon Voyage had a pick pocket! I  hadn't sent any sims to the far east yet Undecided

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 25, 13:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not know that Bon Voyage had a pick pocket! I  hadn't sent any sims to the far east yet Undecided

Technically I believe he's called the charlatan - he is easy to spot since he wears sort of local clothes, but (in my one encounter with him) also a monocle.  He is obviously shifty.  There seems to be some sort of EA sado-random thing (or something similar) going on with the chance of meeting him.  If he manages to greet one of your playables, they will lose about $150 to him.  This will boost their social bar, since he is apparently quite charming.  Others have indicated that one can do a fight interaction to try to get the money back, or the sim can call the police on him.  From the BV previews and other EA write-ups, you might have thought that he would show up a lot more than he actually does.

Tribulatio proxima est
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 25, 14:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a strong possibility that anti-redundancy stomps charlatans, if not altogether then to the degree that it is highly unlikely that you will ever see one. The charlatan is supposed to be able to appear on any community lot and I have never seen one appear by themselves yet.

I spawned one last night using the NPC maker, and was highly amused to see him fleece an unsuspecting holidaymaker.  Tongue

More F than you
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 25, 18:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No wonder I missed the boat on the pickpocket/charlatan,I long ago quit reading the pre release hype put out about each EP. Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 25, 18:49:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a strong possibility that anti-redundancy stomps charlatans, if not altogether then to the degree that it is highly unlikely that you will ever see one. The charlatan is supposed to be able to appear on any community lot and I have never seen one appear by themselves yet.
I agree. Without antiredundancy, the (unpatched) game may spawn a new charlatan every time a Sim visits the community lot. I can live without charlatans if the alternative is 500+ redundant charlatans in my character files.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 25, 18:59:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You'd think they'd have learned their lesson about this long ago with the drivers and the bar-tenders, but noooooooo!  Stay in after school, EAxis, and try again!

Zephyr Zodiac
Annette
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 25, 22:55:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. He shows up fine for me, and I have the patch and the anti redundancy hack in. I have seen him in Uni and in my hoods beach community lot. My problem with him is that since the patch he has lost his monocle and mo and now has a young face. I liked the old look. No doubt EA will fix this with the next patch or two  Roll Eyes
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 26, 01:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Interesting. He shows up fine for me, and I have the patch and the anti redundancy hack in. I have seen him in Uni and in my hoods beach community lot. My problem with him is that since the patch he has lost his monocle and mo and now has a young face. I liked the old look. No doubt EA will fix this with the next patch or two  Roll Eyes

The charlatan appeared at every community lot in every vacation destination until 13 September, when I installed antiredundancy.  Not seen since.   No patch.   I trust Pescado to fix my game, certainly not EAxis, whose track record sucks.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 October 26, 01:22:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have had anti-redundancy since my second day playing BV.  It could be an anti-redundancy thing, I suppose.

YET, I see the Charlatan in the list of summonable NPC's.  So he exists.  He just isn't being scheduled.  (Or if he is, he isn't bothering my Sims).

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 October 26, 03:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Antiredundancy has no effect on the appearance rate of charlatans. However, the issue could simply be statistical: If a random NPC is going to appear, and you have 851 charlatans and 35 other NPCs, the NPC that randomly appears will be the charlatan, in all likelyhood. This is purely speculation, however. There is no reason to believe there is any connection. I see him just fine in my game.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: