More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 19:55:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  BV and the adoption pool
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: BV and the adoption pool  (Read 6466 times)
strlght
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
BV and the adoption pool
« on: 2007 October 24, 19:53:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did a search and couldn't find anything about this, so think I'm safe in posting the question…  Grin

You used to be able to create a few sim kids and they'd be the first in line for adoption - but know every time I try it, I get one from the maxis/ea bad genetics pool…. Did this change with BV or do I have an annoying glitch going on???
SilentDream
Asinine Airhead

Diva

View Profile
Re: BV and the adoption pool
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 24, 19:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know squinge had a mod that by passed the pool and created new. Do you have any mods that affect adoption?

With broken wings, we'll fly away
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 24, 20:01:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed but there are 2 versions of this hack, one that bypass it and one that does not.

If you are using it, either it is no more bv compatible or you are using the wrong version.
strlght
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 24, 20:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope nothing with adoption and nothing at all by Squinge. I have mainly JM's hacks, Insim, and the kitten killer. That I know of anyway - I run clean installer so I don't think anything slipped in.

Edit to add: I also use Sims 2 Hack Conflict Detection Utility by Paladin whenever I add a hack and nothing show's up as conflicting.
KnowitallSim
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 24, 20:20:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine definitely works....Bigfoot adopted six kids, all of which I designed!  Grin
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 24, 20:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's see now.  Trouble adopting, which is related to kids, family additions, etc.  Could the problem be (ominous music) THE KITTEN KILLER?

Not a sure thing, but you might test this.  Wouldn't be the first time that Inteen caused unforeseen problems.

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 24, 22:46:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 25, 18:23:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's see now.  Trouble adopting, which is related to kids, family additions, etc.  Could the problem be (ominous music) THE KITTEN KILLER?

Not a sure thing, but you might test this.  Wouldn't be the first time that Inteen caused unforeseen problems.

To be fair about 99.9% of all problems with the kitten killer are either user error or the program working as intended and advertised by it's own documentation. An example of the former would be a hack conflict (the biggest culprit for inteen related problems). An example of the second would be "ZOMg my sim just had a miscarriage!" which would be one of the program's normal functions (if your sim has certain low motives then it is randomly determined if she will miscarry. A flavorpack is available for nomiscarriage for those who prefer less risk).

The point is that some of us carefully manage and organize our downloads folders. Some of us carefully read documentation. Some of us are not total fucking morons, and we realize that such a large and invasive hack must be handled in a certain way. For example, before you go around asking for help you should first remove said program and see if your problem persists. If it doesn't then you should reread the documentation to make sure that it is, in fact, a bug (not a feature), to see if it is a known bug with a specific workaround, and to see if you have a hack specifically known to make the game go wonky. If you've done this then you should submit a bug report to Jase (not MATY, duh). If this sounds like too much work then one shouldn't use the mod at all. If the OP has done this stuff and is certain that the kitten killer is not the culprit then she probably should have mentioned it. If she hasn't then she behaved foolishly.

That said, I have never had a problem that  I could trace back to the kitten killer. If I did find that it was causing a problem in my game I'd report it to Jase, not here. I am not the most polite person in the world, but I know better than to ask MATY members to solve/diagnose a problem with someone else's work. Of course, I also think that it is important for me to do most of the detective work myself before reporting problems (I've saved myself from humiliation once or twice thanks to searching here for keywords related to errors I've experienced). That is probably because I'm not an idiot.

My point? I'm sorry, but I'm just sick of being lumped in with the morons who don't know how to manage their hacks properly. And maybe some of us like being of questionable moral fiber and simulating the horrors of consensual sex between teenagers (and perhaps the larger issue of expecting them to cope with the consequences of said act. That's the really offensive part, right?) but that doesn't mean that we are ALL stupid (although the majority of humanity in general is probably stupid, so it would be fair to say that most kitten killer users are probably stupid and probably don't follow these steps).

Ok, I think I'm done ranting now. Uh, sorry about this, but it has been bugging me for awhile.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 25, 22:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope nothing with adoption and nothing at all by Squinge. I have mainly JM's hacks, Insim, and the kitten killer. That I know of anyway - I run clean installer so I don't think anything slipped in.

And the obvious suggestion, of course, is to make sure you have the latest version of inteen and insim -- you'll definitely have problems if you're using a pre-BV version of either. And while you're at it, make sure you updated all of JMP's hacks to the BV versions as well.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
strlght
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 25, 22:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes

Wow - ya know I know that you're pretty much taking a huge chance of being ridiculed if you even attempt to post at MATY, and I'm willing to accept the basic anal attitude that I may encounter due to my post, simply because MATY is well known to have the best minds when it comes to game glitches.

Had I even once suspected that it was an issue with Inteen - I would have posted this question where Jase could have the chance of seeing it and helping me determine if it was a unique glitch surrounding the Inteen. But I'm pretty much positive that it's not hack related, as the issue occurs with and without hacks installed. I'm not a complete moron who doesn't understand that a hack by its very nature changes how the game works which can produce unwanted results.

What I am is a person who is currently working several extra hours at work and simply forgot to add that detail, so let me further add that when I turn on boolprop it doesn't produce an error when I attempt to adopt a child, it just gives me the wrong kid every time.

jsalemi -  Thanks for the suggestion. I have updated all of Jm's hacks and have the most current versions of both insim and inteen installed. At this point I think I'm just going mark it as an unusual glitch that is happening with my game and ignore it and head back into lurker mode.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 26, 00:40:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Roll Eyes

Wow – ya know I know that you’re pretty much taking a huge chance of being ridiculed if you even attempt to post at MATY, and I’m willing to accept the basic anal attitude that I may encounter due to my post, simply because MATY is well known to have the best minds when it comes to game glitches.

Had I even once suspected that it was an issue with Inteen – I would have posted this question where Jase could have the chance of seeing it and helping me determine if it was a unique glitch surrounding the Inteen. But I’m pretty much positive that it’s not hack related, as the issue occurs with and without hacks installed. I’m not a complete moron who doesn’t understand that a hack by its very nature changes how the game works which can produce unwanted results.

My rant wasn't aimed at poking you. I was actually complaining that the general attitude at MATY is that most problems lead back to inteen. It makes me mad because some inteen users aren't total morons, (and I didn't say that you are a moron, and I'm not saying it now. At worst I said that you might have behaved foolishly) yet the assumption at MATY is often that those of us who kill kittens are stupid for doing so. Really, my rant had almost nothing to do with you at all. It's just been something that has slowly brewed entirely inside my own mind for awhile. For some reason jolrei's post rubbed me the wrong way and my rant finally spilled out into the public eye. I know that Jolrei's intent was most likely not to say that all problems root back to the kitten killer, but he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Plus I'm kind of a socially inept spaz, so I tend to blurt things like this out at the wrong moment.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
strlght
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 26, 06:24:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How about we mark my reaction up to the whole can't kill off the customers and expect to keep your job frame of mind. And ya know - I choose to believe that we kitten killers provide a really good service… think of the population control we exert every time we load the game… Grin

Right - back to lurk mode.  Wink
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: