More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 00:15:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Moving vacation destination to a new hood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Moving vacation destination to a new hood  (Read 2437 times)
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Moving vacation destination to a new hood
« on: 2007 October 20, 18:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone done this?

I create a destination in hood 1. It's so good Smiley I decide I want to put it in hood 2. Can it be done?

If I create a destination in hood 2, using the same terrain and type for it as I used in hood 1, then replace the suburd file from hood 1 into hood 2--move the lots into the lots folder of hood 2 (making sure the names are correct)--this should work right or wrong?
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Moving vacation destination to a new hood
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 20, 21:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have done the opposite a few times, so I don't see why not. The only trouble I've ever had with sub hoods is between Uni hoods and other hoods.

Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 21, 01:27:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a couple of problems with this idea.  First of all, the lots which make up the vacation destination don't necessarily run in sequential order.  The game allows lot numbers (for equivalence, files in the Lot directory) to be re-used if a lot is deleted.  If you do manage to extract only those lots which are part of the resort, their filenames may clash with those of existing lots in the second neighbourhood.  So secondly, if you rename to avoid filename clashing, this may cause problems when the suburb package file you've copied over tries to load the lots it thought it had a moment ago.  You could fix this in SimPE if you load the package and alter the lot description files (LTXT) so that instance number properly matches the lot number (on the files) but the latest public release of SimPE isn't BV-compatible (you'll get an error loading the package file).

In the most basic terms, it's not as simple as just hauling the files from 1 to 2, unless both neighbourhoods are blank slates (with the exception of the resort lots in 'hood 1).

MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 21, 02:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I see what you mean. It could be a problem not easily fixed.

Of course, the other option is to package the lots and move them, trying to ge tthem in 'order' (I've been neurotic enough to take a terrain and lay out empty lots that complete fill a block--something I've wanted my hoods to look like for a long time--real--or at least more real!) Keeping the order of the lots isn't going to be easy, but probably easier thantrying to rename lot files to fit into an existing hood...

That brings me to: how many people have actually shared and DLed vacation lots that have actually placed AND opened correctly? Anyone?

I know I have had trouble moving one v lot from one hood to another (packaged and then installed to bin to be placed in new hood)...of course it WAS a Maxis modifed lot that failed to open correctly so maybe it was because it was Maxis, somehow it seems possible and probable.....
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 21, 14:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had success with two beach lots; joleari's from here, and one I got at MTS2. Otherwise, no success placing downloaded beach lots.  I haven't tried any downloaded hotels yet.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: