More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 15:28:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Vacation Locals invading neighborhood?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vacation Locals invading neighborhood?!  (Read 13156 times)
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Vacation Locals invading neighborhood?!
« on: 2007 October 20, 09:19:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have vacation locals, tourists, townies and downtownies visiting community lots in all neighborhoods! Shocked
I have townies and downtownies on Vacation.
Tourists in Downtown. And so on!

Is this normal?
Though i can live with townies on vacation , everyone desreves time off.
But I get kinda surprised to see Asian local in my nearby grocery store, or tourist in night club  Huh
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Vacation Locals invading neighborhood?!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 20, 09:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't, but I have had Vacation teens and kids following my sim-kids off the schoolbus.

squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 20, 09:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had an "Asian" teen turn up as a blind date from the match maker, but I've not noticed any mixed up townies anywhere.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 20, 09:37:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I created my neighborhood from scratch, using clean templates, exept bon voyage, and NPC creater, making townies
and downtownies in banches. I had before bon voyage partial mix match too, now I see all the same locals and tourists
in the wrong places. Like one from Asia and one from Three lakes.
If everyone supposed to stay where they are supposed to Roll Eyes may be my game is broken or
maybe the problem is only about some of the npc's?

pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 20, 13:37:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that is supposed to happen.  Are you sure you made your NPCs locals, and not just tourists?

Tourists can show up anywhere, I think.  I've seen them in my base hoods, and the teens and children come home from school with my kids.  But I have never seen locals anywhere but on vacation, in their proper hoods. 

There is a thread here, in Peasantry, about making Sims into locals.  There is a fix you need to download for it.

Here, read this: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,9684.0.html

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
selzi
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 20, 15:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't, but I have had Vacation teens and kids following my sim-kids off the schoolbus.
I've had that very thing happen to me as well - other than that I haven't seen any vacation townies in my normal neighborhood ... Undecided I thought this may be my fault because I used the clean templates for BV and generated new vacation townies, even though they seem to be made correctly (they know the correct greeting and show up when I click on the NPC maker and say "Show vacation townies" >> "<location>"). I think it's quite interesting that I'm not the only one with this problem ... Cheesy
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 20, 16:21:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If some of you are using the latest version of Twojeffs visitor controller mods, it stops vacationners from showing in any other hoods than the vacations ones.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 20, 17:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. Well there you go then, I don't get them showing up because I use the VC Wink Thanks Miss Doh!

blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 21, 08:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think that is supposed to happen.  Are you sure you made your NPCs locals, and not just tourists?

There is a thread here, in Peasantry, about making Sims into locals.  There is a fix you need to download for it.

I didn't make bon voyage NPC's. I used the ones that came with the  game.

If some of you are using the latest version of Twojeffs visitor controller mods, it stops vacationners from showing in any other hoods than the vacations ones.

Is there visitor controller for bon voyage? I didn't found it anywhere, only seasons version
mitchellcjs
The Genius
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 21, 09:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you use "localwalky" by Pescado?  I haven't seen a vacation townie in my regular hoods since I put it in.  It keeps people in their own places.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 21, 10:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there visitor controller for bon voyage? I didn't found it anywhere, only seasons version

Are you registered on the site?  The BV visitor controller is in beta testing, only registered members can see the forum where it's located.
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 21, 14:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin I created a bed and breakfast type in for the downtown sub neighborhood, and that's the only time I see "tourist" NPC's. I don't see locals from the vacation neighborhoods.  I pretend the "tourist" are vacationing in Pleasantview's downtown area.

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 21, 17:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I call them all tourists, which can get confusing when I refer to them here. Just because of the set-up of my 'hood...it's an island, with the first lot being a public beach. So the beach-goers are tourists. The playables are locals.

That being said, my vacation tourists/locals show up on main 'hood community lots and owned lots (as walkbys and customers). I've not seen any townies/downtownies in the vacation subhoods. I haven't been downtown in a couple of generations (kind of against the gameplay style I'm running) and don't remember who showed up there.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 21, 17:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that problem, too. Vacation locals are showing up as walkbys (even with local walkby and the VC). I made my own, but I had Argon's fix before I made them. I've been on vacation, they show up properly there (and only the right ones show up at the right areas), and they use the correct gestures. I don't have any tourists yet, but after I finish the vacation I've sent my sims on now I'll probably make a few. It was kind of neat to pretend that they'd found some remote village in the middle of nowhere that no tourists have discovered yet. But I don't think I want to play that way forever, it gets lonely at the hotel. Anyway, the only thing that's worked for me is to "ban specific sim" using the VC. Banning locals doesn't work for me. It sounds like maybe I did something wrong when I made my locals since others are reporting that the VC works the right way for them. The method that I used was to create them in CAS, drop them all on my special townification lot, put them all on procrastinate, spawn the townie creator, then one by one I turned them into townies and then vacation locals (to clarify, yes I picked "Asian", "Tropical", or "Mountain" under the townie gun to make sure that they were assigned to the proper destination). Then I cleared all non residential sims off of the lot and I saved. Does anyone see a step that I missed or something?

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 21, 17:40:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you registered on the site?  The BV visitor controller is in beta testing, only registered members can see the forum where it's located.

It should also be in the "Directors Cut".

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 21, 17:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm getting the tourists all over my comm lots too, both Downtown and in the regular hood. I don't know if any "locals" were along, because I hadn't made them properly then, but they're fixed now. Frankly I wish they'd stay in the vacation hoods, though, and that way fewer playables would show up on the vacation lots! It was almost like they hadn't gone anywhere new at all, except for the setting. I do have localwalkby in, and the visitor controller beta as well.
blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 22, 10:58:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found VC, and i will try it now.
Just want to clear, that I also have normal townies on vacation, and locals move freely between loacations.

I guess that my game had, or about to have that BIG fireball Sad
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 22, 11:52:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I reported before in the Customer Selector thread, it doesnt work for me either - I also use "Ban specific sim" on the VC. My locals are game made, I only enhanced them with cloned looks, so that they look their origin.
They mainly show up on community/business lots, not as walkbys, at least I didnt see them as walkbys, so far.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 22, 12:29:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Current version of the customer selector has been rigorously tested to work under the conditions you describe. Check that you have not Nessed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 22, 13:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have the latest version, checked and double checked. I also have a TON of other hacks, so it may be a conflict of some sort. I know now that I am not alone in this - as other did report the same problem. I may use my clean test hood and test different hack combos, when I get the time.
Is there a Ness check device to run to be sure I didnt Ness? Or do you have a check list I can follow (if the above combo check dont give any answers?)
 Wink
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 22, 15:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh. Well there you go then, I don't get them showing up because I use the VC Wink Thanks Miss Doh!

I do not use VC and there are no holiday locals or tourists visiting my main hood.  Not to say that it will never happen, but in several weeks of play since BV, it has not happened yet. 

This may be another of the inconsistent glitch issues - some people have and some don't.

If the OP did not create locals or tourists, but installed BV (as I did) "as is" with maxoid locals/tourists, my thought is that there should be no problem.  Apparently there is a problem, so my immediate reaction would be to suspect some hack or CC is causing this.

Tribulatio proxima est
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 23, 10:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the uninitiated...  If you have Nessed (or pulled a Ness), you have an old version of a file lurking about somewhere hidden that is causing a newer version of the file to bork up in some way.

Hint: Duplicate files show up as pink in clean installer.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 23, 10:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to all Nesses. Have you seen the Ness sighting in Awesomeland?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 2007 October 23, 11:39:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On my Nesshunt, I so far did the following: 1. Took out some other visitor-related hacks. 2. Deleted (in game, on lot) both the VC object and the CS object, placed the CS again and redid the settings. Seems like this worked. I later added back the VC object, and I still didnt see any of the pesky far-away-locals show up. This was on a home business lot (my home-pub-restaurant The Laughing Cow). One of the hacks I took out was Alexx "more walkbys"(MTS2) which is atm the main suspect.
Tonight I will go on with the testing on the neighbour lot, the Bakery.

With my compulsive collecting of hacks, also non-awesome ones, I understand the great risk of Nesses. TY for helping me see the light.  Grin Cool
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 October 23, 19:11:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

do not use VC and there are no holiday locals or tourists visiting my main hood.  Not to say that it will never happen, but in several weeks of play since BV, it has not happened yet.

By default, the locals and vacationers should not appear in the main hood so your game behavior is totally normal. The VC is useful to stop them from appearing on business lots and downtown community lots.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: