More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:58:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Same error, different data. Seasons won't load.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Same error, different data. Seasons won't load.  (Read 3779 times)
LadyCrimsonSkye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Same error, different data. Seasons won't load.
« on: 2007 October 19, 19:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but for the life of me, my search skills, in this forum, suck. 

I have played sims, and dealt with issues with the sims, from the original version.  I'm relatively familiar with ways around bugs, but this just keeps happening to me.

I play my game, happily, for several hours.  I leave the house I'm currently playing, go back to the main neighborhood screen, close the game as recommended, come back either later in the day, or the next day, and the game won't start.

I get the opening splash screen, then nothing.

Normally, changing the name of the Sims2 file in my downloads, restarting from scratch, moving all my cc back in, and restarting seems to do the trick, but it's happening more and more often.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a faster way to get around this?

I run nearly exclusively MATY hacks.  The only one not a MATY hack, is the bigger families hack and the anti-waistband hack.  All my downloads are organized, and I delete things I don't use from the cc catalog in either CAS screen, or in batches directly from the files in my downloads folder.

Help?
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Same error, different data. Seasons won't load.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 20, 02:43:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does it happen if you reboot your computer?  I know you said the problem returns "the next day," but some people never shut off their rigs.
LadyCrimsonSkye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 20, 03:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems rather random.  Sometimes it happens after I restart, but mostly it just happens whenever the heck it feels like it.  There seems to be no pattern to it, hence my problem.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 20, 03:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about deleting groups.cache before restarting? Have you tried that?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 20, 12:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it might help to remove the non-awesome anti-waistband hack.  Also run the HCDU from Paladin to make sure you don't have any hack conflicts (there are some of JM and TJ's hacks that show conflicts and you can ignore these, as they are geared to load in a particular order and thus won't conflict).  Next, check you don't have any hacks that have been either rendered unnecessary/obsolete by patching, or have been updated since you last checked.  Particularly, make sure you don't have any hacks left around from the base game or Uni that haven't been updated.

Zephyr Zodiac
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 22, 07:13:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I would do what Brynne suggested, and delete groups.cache before starting your game. Every time I've had problems with my game not starting, it's been solved by deleting groups.cache.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 22, 22:03:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I (almost) always delete it as a matter of course, but on the odd occasions I forget, I have no more problems that usual, but it probably hasn't had time to get corrupted.  Basically the problem with any such file is that it has to be writeable, and any writeable file can be corrupted and then of course the problems start.

Zephyr Zodiac
LadyCrimsonSkye
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 28, 04:48:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I bow down before the awesome.  You are fabulous!  Thanks for the help! Kiss
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: