More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 23:19:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Did EAxis bork sharing beach front lots too?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Did EAxis bork sharing beach front lots too?  (Read 16197 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Did EAxis bork sharing beach front lots too?
« on: 2007 October 17, 03:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm curious if anyone else is seeing this problem.  I've downloaded a couple of beach front houses from insim and MTS2.  They're definitely flagged as beach front, because they won't place anywhere on land. But they're also very touchy about where they're placed on the water side, too.

For example, I found one that placed just fine on one of Sleepycat's new terrains (found here in Peasantry), but wouldn't place on Twikkii Island. Another placed fine on TI, but won't place anywhere on the SC terrain.  And two others won't place anywhere, period.

So did EAxis bork it up so beach front lots are highly dependent on the original terrain they were made on?  It wouldn't surprise me, but I'd like to know if anyone else has run across this.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
Re: Did EAxis bork sharing beach front lots too?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 17, 04:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the slope they were built on matters, thats why some won't place. I read about it over at mts2 in a terrain thread - Diamondbar Delta by Caupi
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 17, 06:10:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have to be built on a very, very flat terrain to be share-friendly. And then, if you are placing on a highly sloped terrain, they still won't mesh. So yes, it's tricky, and it sucks if you're trying to build a bunch of matching beach houses in a 'hood, or if you try to move a lot around.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 17, 07:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it is a throwback to the TS1 days, where you had to place a lot where it was built. I think, to share beach lots you'd need to show exactly where in the hood it was built so it can be placed in the exact same place. I have given up for now trying to share mine  Sad It sucks.

Oh, and I used SC's uber-flat beach terrain to make mine and myself, and lots of people tried to place it in Maxis hoods such as Twikkii Island and it wouldn't work. I could place it numerous times in the original terrain it was built in though. Weird.

Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 17, 08:04:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I DLed some beach lots that simply will not go anywhere.

Regarding placing lots in Twikkii Island, I found that I had to remove some neighbourhood decorations before I could place some empty beach lots there.

More F than you
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 17, 08:12:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, you can move lots and decorations around in Twikkii Island so there is more room to place extra beach lots. I'm gonna try and make some that will place, but will not release them until they have been thoroughly tested.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 17, 08:36:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sharing beach front lots is epic fail, because beach lots tend to, by definition, be nonlevel. And as you all know, nonlevel lots will fuck up the terrain of anything you try to plop them in other than their original location on the identical terrain. So if you get a "shared" beachfront lot, you are liable to make your entire island do an Atlantis.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 17, 09:01:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My point exactly. They need to be placed on the same spot on the same terrain it was created in-therefore beach lots are going to be extremely difficult to share.

Oh, and All Pescados Suck.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 17, 11:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thanks -- so that confirms my suspicion that it's the lots, and not my game, causing issues.  Ah, well...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 17, 13:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so it won't work with an unmodified Bluewater?

It works not good with the unmodified Bluewater. The Beach is not  made for such Lots. Its possible but not easy and after your Lots waterline the beach is bottomless. I would not recommend it. A side note dont use prebuild Beachlots they corrupt the hood terrain.

I sayd it before in the Satisfaction tread sharing beachlots is  not recommendet.

I have  put the bigger ownable Vacationlot in Twikkie in a Twikkie Template on the same spot and got bright blue gaps on the lotsides in Hoodview.

marjchaos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 17, 13:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, this thread supported what I have suspected.  I recently downloaded, tried to place, then deleted a bunch of beach lots.  Ah well, guess my sorry building skills will be put to the test. Also, I wish we could have 2x3 beach lots.  Apparently that's too small. 
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 17, 15:18:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean 2x5's? You know, I'm tempted to try that lot size changer on a junk 'hood to see if that can be done. However, I suspect we'd run into the same placement issues, even if the lot hasn't been built on. I discovered the hard way that you can't place a beach lot exactly in the middle of two existing reliably...totally FUBAR'ed a section of my 'hood that way.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 18, 02:10:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also wish we had some 2x5s and some 1x5s.  You're right though, that they probably wouldn't fit anyway.  Unless whoever made them maybe specified the slope steepness on each lot?  Like several 2x5s, one for each level of slope, flat, medium, or steep.  Who knows.  I hope someone figures it out though.

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
Bugger
Lipless Loser

off on another strange Bugger tangent...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 18, 13:08:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want to add to this incase anyone didn't already know...

In the neighborhood decorations there are now 2 kinds of "waves" to place along shorlines.  The original has the light & dark sand appearance to enhance the look of waves lapping the shore.  The new one doesn't have that sand and you can place it on lots.  With the original you can't do that.  Aside from slopes and all that jazz, which I am sure is important, I just want to point out that I opened a lot of previously unusable space on Twikki Island by deleting the shore lines where I wanted to put beach lots. 

Maybe it would help you, maybe it won't.  Just sayin.

<Dark_Trepie> Booty's go OHHH!. Pirate Booty's go ARRR!
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 18, 13:30:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it does help -- I didn't realize that there were two different types of waves now.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 18, 14:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It helps with converting existing 'hoods, that's for sure. Not my issue...mine are all custom, but still...
Weird, I didn't notice the ones that don't go on lots when I was delving into the neighborhood deco. Those were the original type, weren't they?

FYI, most of the new deco rocks that came with BV can be placed on/overlapping rocks. They are darker and smaller in appearance than the originals. The peninsula deco object can also be placed on lots. When on the lot, the only issue is that sims don't recognize them as blocking anything and can go into the rock to build sandcastles and such. When possible, I apply fencing inside so that they can't do that. If you get too close to the water, that's not an option.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 18, 15:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I noticed a sim sitting 'in' the deco rock on my community beach.  Kinda looked like he was sitting ON it, so I didn't care much, but I will have to block them off or move them.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 18, 15:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm have a report that a lot I created for sleepycat's first beach terrain, that appeared to work fine in my game, is not placing well on someone else's hood, using the same terrain, and that terrain is nicely flat.

I will test it again, downloading from my own sims2pack file, but I'm beginning to be a bit pessimistic about the usefulness of sharing beach lots.  (here's my nice beach house - oh, by the way, it won't work unless you use xxx's terrain measuring in 42 pixels from the edge and placing it right on the end of the road, no not that road, the other road when you rotate the hood so that the big rock with the two little rocks are in the top left corner... - too bloody stupid.)

I guess I'll be building a lot of beach huts for my sims, rather than downloading lots.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 October 18, 16:07:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as I can get a RV trailer on the beach, ala Lethal Weapon, I'll be okay. =p

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 October 18, 23:08:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm have a report that a lot I created for sleepycat's first beach terrain, that appeared to work fine in my game, is not placing well on someone else's hood, using the same terrain, and that terrain is nicely flat.
I haven't tried your beach lot yet, but just in case it doesn't work for me, could you put up some pictures in this or the original thread?  I don't have much imagination for creating but I can copy just fine.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 October 19, 02:54:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can happily report that your beach lot placed just fine on the SC terrain I'm using (I think it's the third one -- the one I put a picture of the beach comm lot I made in her thread).  I placed 3 of them along the 'center' of the U-shape, making a row of cheap beach houses.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 October 19, 03:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I can happily report that your beach lot placed just fine on the SC terrain I'm using (I think it's the third one -- the one I put a picture of the beach comm lot I made in her thread).  I placed 3 of them along the 'center' of the U-shape, making a row of cheap beach houses.

Cool!  I think I have a comm lot in the middle of the U-shape at the moment.  At least logic would suggest that the lot itself is not borked.  Perhaps any problems are a matter of where on the terrain it's placed then.

Tribulatio proxima est
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 October 20, 01:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps any problems are a matter of where on the terrain it's placed then.

You would think, but then Emma came out with a beach lot designed on Twikkii Island, and she gave exact instructions on where to place it back on your own TI, and it still didn't place.  So it's really hit or miss.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 October 20, 01:05:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Joe, are you sure that you hadn't already borked your terrain with other lots?

I managed to bork a space so badly today that I can't place any lot on it.  Roll Eyes

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 October 20, 02:01:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not Twikkii Island -- I didn't add any new lots near the spot where Emma's lot would go.  And never put anything where it goes, since you have to move all the hood decorations first in order to place it, and I haven't touched them.

And with the Sleepycat terrain, I've only started placing lots on one small corner of the terrain, yet the majority of downloaded beach lots won't place anywhere on it. Only one I got from MTS2, and jolrei's, which interestingly enough was made on a SC terrain, though a different one from the one I'm using.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: