More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 17:13:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  weird wants
0 Members and 2 Chinese Bots are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: weird wants  (Read 8317 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
weird wants
« on: 2005 October 16, 23:10:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sometimes my sims want to be friends with theirself or see the ghost of theirself. 

Is this a bug or what?    Huh
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: weird wants
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 16, 23:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mess with the electronics outside of the cell phone, but I've heard the handheld has a bug that lets a sim meet themselves so maybe this is an after effect of that bug?

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 16, 23:16:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks, so it could be the handheld. 
 well they are not getting anymore of them , I don't care how much they whine about wanting one.    Grin
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 17, 04:40:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This should be fixed in future if you have apply the patch.  I think it's in the Uni one.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 17, 04:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use TwoJeffs' hack to squash the electronic gadgets wants (or JM's when they are NL compatible).
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 17, 05:03:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use TwoJeffs' hack to squash the electronic gadgets wants (or JM's when they are NL compatible).
I have a family Sim that wants to be abducted by Aliens. He has been out at the Telescope nightly stargazing and so far no luck.I have a Romance sim however that obviously didnt want marriage or engagement just an affair with the neighbors wife who is already pregnant with her 5th child by her hubby.go figure he dreams of an affair with and was stargazing with the expensive Telescope and got abducted by Aliens I was so shocked I took a picture.and no he doesnt live in strangetown .He is a sim who lives in my prosperity neighborhood. I had him adopt a child  and he has townie Chloe Gonzaga now her last name is Walker as a daughter not sure what she was doing in the adoption bin  I didnt use any hacks to get her either. but she was there and now he has a green skinned Black haired toddler named Patricia. and of course his new fear is being abducted by Aliens.oh and the pollination technician does not show up on the toddlers family tree

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 17, 05:05:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rainbow is right - you have to use the TJ hack. but if you have SimPe, before that enter and delete all memoties of the sim meeting himself, be friend with himself, etc. After you add the TJ's hack it will stop.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 17, 08:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very odd..

When the game first came out... I had a sim who feared the death of herself.  Was kind of interested in how that one would have worked lol
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 17, 11:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always thought it was a little creepy when they had a want to be saved from death. I never intentionally fulfilled one of those wants, because it was a little too much trying to get a sim I liked to kill himself, even if the point was to be saved.
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 17, 12:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay thanks everybody,  I will get the TJ hack so it don't happen again but the ones that are already messed up I will just have to live with.   

I don't have the patience to try and learn how to use SimPe,  I'd rather have my leg chewed off by pit bull then to even attempt it.   Grin
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 17, 13:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay thanks everybody,  I will get the TJ hack so it don't happen again but the ones that are already messed up I will just have to live with.   

I don't have the patience to try and learn how to use SimPe,  I'd rather have my leg chewed off by pit bull then to even attempt it.   Grin
Aww, it ain't that bad.  Cheesy  I couldn't play without SimPE to fix stuff the game messes up and fix things like I want them.  The cardinal rule is always this:  Make a backup before you start screwing around!
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 17, 17:57:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aww, it ain't that bad.  Cheesy  I couldn't play without SimPE to fix stuff the game messes up and fix things like I want them.  The cardinal rule is always this:  Make a backup before you start screwing around!

OK - I've gotten brave and downloaded SimPE. I've poked around and tried following a couple of the tutorials. I still feel pretty lost in it. Other than adjusting relationships, skills and things like that (which I could do with some other hacks) I haven't been able to figure out how to use SimPE. I really want to use it with objects. Any suggestions, tips, tutorials you could point me to?
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 17, 19:26:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you want Simpe to do with objects? Tell me what exactly you want to do with Simpe and I can point you in the right direction.

The simplist things you can do with simpe as a novice is make recolors and sim adjustments.

You can move sims around, resurrect sims (if they have the proper data), adjust relationships, family trees, dna, add or delete memories, put them in the right school, fine tune ages, make them a vampire etc.

Recolors are easy and fast, anyone can do it if they have an artistic flair and are willing to try something new. MTS2 has a lot of tutorials under the "Create" heading, Simpe has several tutorials on their site as well. It just all depends on what you want to do, and if you want to do it all, then start with just playing around with a neighborhood you dont care about. From there, try your hand at recolors, make that gawdy sofa the perfect burnt sienna you always dreamed of etc. Soon you will want to make objects, (or not) JWoods did an easy to follow step by step tutorial on the subject over at MTS2. There are several directions to go from there, hair, body meshes, clothes, object mods or even game mods (give JMP a run for his/her money!).

Anyway, start small and soon you will get the hang of it, or just do what many have done (including msyelf) and charge in and start messing with stuff. ooo looky I wonder what that button does...
If you fubar a neighborhood, delete it - no big deal. Screw up a recolor or some other project? Delete it. Thats my answer to everything. (or alt f4) The worst that could happen is you have to reinstall the game if you really completely hosed all the core game files. Sure its time consuming, but its just not that big of a deal in the overall scheme of things and in the name of learning! Cheesy
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 17, 19:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you want Simpe to do with objects? Tell me what exactly you want to do with Simpe and I can point you in the right direction.

The biggest thing I want: not to feel like a dunce when I open the program.  Tongue

I've figured out how to adjust some of the personal data - mostly things I could do with the Insimenator. I really would like to try cloning objects and maybe mess around with meshes. I hadn't thought about using it to mess with one of the neighborhoods. I still think of it as "something in my download folder" and that what I do will effect all neighborhoods.  Roll Eyes

I've tried going thru some one the tutorials but right now they seem over my head. I think your approach - just get in there and start messing with it - is the best option for me. Just a couple of months ago, I didn't have any hacks, never used boolprop cause I was "afraid I'd mess up my game". I find the game so much more interesting with all the possibilities that mods and user created items have opened up.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 17, 20:28:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well if object meshing is something you are interested in, at least make one or two recolors first, there is a couple of tutorials on Simpe and MTS2. (its easy enough to quickly build confidence in yourself) Then go look for JWoods object creation tutorial, its insanely simple to follow as long as you go step by step. Its even in a pdf format so you can dl and print it out to follow along with. It's a small stereo, of course that would'nt do for me and I had to try a large architectural piece, but it worked just the same. It is so cool to make something and see it in game, your very own mesh creation! Woohoo! You'll be a meshing maniac in no time, although Milkshape is only good for 30 days. I really like Milkshape and found it simple to use, but I have Maya now and it was a huge leap and learning curve. Most of the tutorials I have found are done in Milkshape, because its free (for 30 days). Anyway, just get in there, go for it...you can do it! Cheesy

There are always plenty of people to ask questions of if you get stuck.

oh I guess I should explain that you need a meshing editor (like Milkshape or any of the others) and a graphics program (this runs the gamut from Paint to Photoshop).
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 17, 20:29:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been using SimPE since it first came out last winter and I still feel like a dunce! LOL  When the mood strikes I play with learning something new a little bit at a time.

My latest playing around has been with SimSurgery.  I tried changing some sims' skin colors to match their features and that's kind of interesting.  I don't know if it's since been fixed, but unfortunately the skin color didn't become genetic and my previously black maid had a black baby with her white hubby.  LOL  I like the racial diversity in the game, it's just that I kind of like NPCs skin to match their features.

I also really love it for when I decide to toast a neighborhood, which for whatever reason I do frequently (and not because I messed it up somehow with SimPE, although that's happened once).  You can go into SimSurgery and export a sim into your SavedSims folder so that sim's genetics will be available to be created into another Sim in CAS.  I find these sims are quite useful when I want to upload a piece of clothing to the Exchange and don't want to use the same sim a half-dozen times, or when I'm looking for new faces to use for Townies.  If you do this, though, just make sure to give them a unique file name (I just use their sim-name) so they can be deleted from your hard-drive should you no longer want them because although they show up with the asterisk in BodyShop they can't be deleted through BodyShop.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 17, 20:34:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

if the simsurgery hasnt been fixed yet (I havent used it in a while since the newest QA version) you can correct the dna strings to reflect the new skin.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 18, 22:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK - I've gotten brave and downloaded SimPE. I've poked around and tried following a couple of the tutorials. I still feel pretty lost in it. Other than adjusting relationships, skills and things like that (which I could do with some other hacks) I haven't been able to figure out how to use SimPE. I really want to use it with objects. Any suggestions, tips, tutorials you could point me to?
Here's an updated version of TazzMann's SimPE for the Technically Challenged that was on MTS2, now called SimPE from the Ground Up .
http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/viewtopic.php?t=840
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 19, 02:54:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's an updated version of TazzMann's SimPE for the Technically Challenged that was on MTS2, now called SimPE from the Ground Up .

Thanks bunches.
It's kind of funny how much your willing to "study" and "learn" for your little simmies. (Of course, it's for the little simmies and not to feed my god complex.  Grin )
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 19, 13:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks bunches.
It's kind of funny how much your willing to "study" and "learn" for your little simmies. (Of course, it's for the little simmies and not to feed my god complex.  Grin )
You're welcome, LOL.  It's a hobby, right? Cheesy
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: