More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 25, 13:48:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Borked DJ Booths
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Borked DJ Booths  (Read 5480 times)
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Borked DJ Booths
« on: 2007 October 19, 01:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I get an error whenever I go to a comm lot that has a DJ booth on it (i.e., the clubs in Downtown). It pops up before the lot even loads.  I usually hit reset, and it goes away. Error log is attached.

Any ideas why this is happening?

« Last Edit: 2007 October 20, 12:07:26 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Borked DJ Booths
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 19, 01:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks very similar to the logs I was getting, but my lots weren't loading (at least, they would load in debug mode with one sim, but no visitors were coming to the lot, and an error was showing with regard to the Visitor Controller.  I eventually asked TJ about the problem, and he said I had an obsolete hack in my game - I searched, and he was right, somehow I'd put notowniechildren into the folder in game instead of a base game folder to copy over to my laptop....)  Now, could it be you have an obsolete hack related to stereos, music systems etc.?

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 19, 02:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure I went through my hacks and weeded out any that weren't BV compatible, but I'll look through the directories again and see if something pops out.  I know I don't have 'notowniechildren' hanging around. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 19, 02:49:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Didn't realise I had - I rarely actually look in the hacks folders in game, just copy stuff in - if windows doesn't prompt to overwrite an existing file, I realise it's one of the hacks I don't use and just remove the copy, so, I don't often actually look at those hacks I actually have in game, which is why I overlooked notowniechildren, which, as I said, I must have stuck in there by mistake and not removed the copy.  (I know it's not because it's been there forever and I forgot to remove it when it became obsolete because when my hard drive fried I lost everything except what was on my old PC and my laptop.)  Looking at hack names always makes me cross-eyed and ready to fall asleep, too!

But since it is the djbooth itself throwing the error, it does look as if it's something to do with music that's to blame.  Or maybe an NL hack that isn't require any longer has snuck in.

Zephyr Zodiac
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 19, 05:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The running object is indeed the DJ Booth, but I don't think it's causing this problem. There's something that changes the way the Controller_NPC_Pool works (or just way too many NPCs) causing this.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 19, 06:29:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem before installing BV but it is gone now. I am wondering if it was a hack that I had either 1)updated for BV or 2) deleted because it wasn't compatible. The dj booths are crap anyway, I am sick of my fortune sims wanting one. I usually buy it and stick it in the roofspace on a couple of tiles.  Grin

[edit] Are you using the pre-made downtown or your own? If it is a custom downtown have you used the maxis made downtown community lots?
« Last Edit: 2007 October 19, 06:37:02 by Emma » Logged

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 19, 14:57:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried setting the visitor controller and then revisiting the lot?  Once the VC is set, it shouldn't cause problems, but it may be only that it is waiting for your first visitor to set it.

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 20, 00:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma: premade downtown -- the LuLu Lounge in this case (my gay singles bar).

ZZ: I had the VC set in this lot before (see above description), but that was pre-BV, so maybe it did need to reset itself the first time I went back to it.  I'm off on vacation for a week (at our vacation condo, so I'll still be connected Smiley ), and away from my main game, so I'll have to try going back to the lot when I get back home.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 20, 01:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it probably did need to reset itself, if it was still on the lot.  I wouldn't know from personal experience as I built this particular hood from scratch on a new install of the game right through to and including Seasons, but the VC did get borked when I upgraded it after TJ released a new version.

Have a good holiday! Smiley

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 20, 07:22:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had problems with both the LuLu Lounge, The Hub and PURE DJ booths, in the fact that when my lot loaded, instead of a DJ being present, one of the dead Tricou girls was there. The message that popped up was 'Gwendolyne(?) has died on another lot, her spirit goes back there' or something. She then disappeared and a regular DJ appeared. This is in a custom downtown using the maxis lots which had never been played. I didn't even include the Gothier Green Lawns in my downtown as I have my own graveyard. I just deleted those lots, deleted my hood and didn't place them again in my new hood.  Weird though.
The DJ's are buggy IMO anyway as often the thumbnail picture doesn't match the actual sim. The male DJ has that horrible 'mullet' haircut but his thumb shows the shaggy hairstyle. Huh

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 20, 12:04:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gvaudouin?

I tried to package the House of Fallen Trees in an empty hood and send it to a file.  It crashed my game in the attempt.  When I checked the lot later, there were no gravestones lurking around, I checked in SimPe and no Tricou files or dangling bits had been left behind, but still the lot crashed when attempting to package it. Seems there are some things EAxis just didn't intend for us to do.....

I'd try deleting the DJ booth and replacing it.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 20, 12:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try visiting the community lot in build mode and replacing the DJ booth. It is probably corrupted after all the patches and changes and using some inconsistent data.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 20, 12:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gvaudouin?

Yeah, that's it! I knew it began with G Cheesy

Try visiting the community lot in build mode and replacing the DJ booth. It is probably corrupted after all the patches and changes and using some inconsistent data.

Who, me? I've ditched those lots anyway 'cos I didn't like them. That's why I didn't post about it when it happened Wink

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 20, 12:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd try deleting the DJ booth and replacing it.

Seems JM and I are in agreement for once!

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 20, 14:01:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have a good holiday! Smiley

You know what they say -- a bad day at the beach is still better than a good day at work! Smiley

Thanks to you and JM -- I'll delete the DJ booths before I go to the lots the next time and see if that clears up the problems.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: