More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 23:05:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Sims refuse to fall in love
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims refuse to fall in love  (Read 6783 times)
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Sims refuse to fall in love
« on: 2007 October 08, 11:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have bon voyage installed along with a lot of hacks - I just started a brand new neighborhood and created two "roomie" adults in CAS.  When I moved them into a new, empty lot and tried to get them to fall in love - it wouldn't work.  I can get them to have a 100/100 relationship, flirt, kiss, hug, casual makeout and woohoo - but they won't develop crushes or fall in love.  Is there any way to get them to be considered in love?
Lana B
Dimwitted Dunce

This post not officially sanctioned

View Profile
Re: Sims refuse to fall in love
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 08, 12:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Take out noinstantloves.

"Curse that alpha turkey, rohina! She will get her comeuppance next Grammar Day-- I will make sure of it!"
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 08, 15:22:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they have negative chemistry? I recently had a girl who I decided at toddler age was going to marry a tourist named Harvey. Her mom was always talking to her about him and how hot he was. Come teen time, the girl became Pleasure. The guy is Knowledge, and an incompatible personality type. No matter what, he refuses romantic interactions.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 08, 16:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this same issue with Sims who were already in love with someone else refusing to fall in love with someone despite making out like crazed weasels, which initially led me to believe it was the RomanceMod, but noinstantloves does sound like a more likely culprit.  Especially since removing the RomanceMod did nada to fix it.
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 08, 21:51:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They have neutral attraction to each other right now.  I'll take out noinstantloves and see if that helps.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 08, 23:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Make OUt" action actually is non-love-inducing, even by default. The fact they have zero attraction would mean the odds of them fitting together are rather bad with noinstantloves. That's sort of the point.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Viscountess
Gelina
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 09, 02:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "Make OUt" action actually is non-love-inducing, even by default. The fact they have zero attraction would mean the odds of them fitting together are rather bad with noinstantloves. That's sort of the point.

Fair enough.  On to my second mystery - my dude can't get a job as a teacher because his "grades aren't good enough".  I've removed all job related hacks and upgraded him via the FFS lot debugger to have a college degree.  Any takers on how to either fix/work around this or what hack I missed?
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 October 09, 03:19:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fair enough.  On to my second mystery - my dude can't get a job as a teacher because his "grades aren't good enough".  I've removed all job related hacks and upgraded him via the FFS lot debugger to have a college degree.  Any takers on how to either fix/work around this or what hack I missed?

Do you have the kitten killer? I saw something like that on Jase's user to user support forum in this thread. Maybe this will help.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 October 09, 15:41:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm.  The two I have have no lightning bolts, so that's probably what caused it.  Still, twenty flirt/romantic hugs/romantic kisses should be able to override it I'd think...
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 October 09, 16:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The romantic actions that trigger love are flirt>goose, hug>squeeze and kiss>smooch. If all else fails the slowdance>smooch usually does it.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 October 09, 19:21:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woohoo can also induce love, if you can get them into bed together.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 October 09, 20:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always use TJ's ACR. That allows woohoo even if love isn't present and can sometimes get them in love if they *ahem* do 'it'. Wink

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 October 10, 04:34:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And sometimes it makes one of your sims, grieving after her mother's drowning, to boink her step-grandfather. Who was also having an affair with her mother, until her untimely demise.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 October 10, 14:35:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And sometimes it makes one of your sims, grieving after her mother's drowning, to boink her step-grandfather. Who was also having an affair with her mother, until her untimely demise.

Your sims appear to live only for adventure.  I'm sorry to hear about the Harvey thing, incidentally.  Tragic, that.

I seem to get hung up on the bolts/chemistry thing.  One of my uni students had two bolts for his fiancee, until he changed aspirations in Junior year.  Now he only has one bolt for her, but 3 for a romance sim in the next dorm.  Now I must mess up his life, and his fiancee's.  Perhaps I should install ACR if it makes all this more "natural".

Tribulatio proxima est
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 October 10, 14:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's only expected that changing one's outlook on life may have an effect on who your ideal mate might be, and they were never a very good fit to begin with! If she's up for her reevaluation soon, perhaps things will improve if she makes the same move, but I doubt it. It was a shitty match to begin with, and may have simply gotten worse.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 October 10, 15:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims regularly independently fall in love with zero and 1-bolt others while ignoring 2-bolt alternatives. I like this, since it gives the appearance that they aren't all about as deep as floor wax.

I removed ACR because it made woohoo all my Sims wanted to do, ever, regardless of personality, aspiration, or other factors. I got tired of watching them like a hawk just to X-out the interactions.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 October 10, 15:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was a shitty match to begin with, and may have simply gotten worse.

Just one of thost things, I agree.  Anyhow, the fiancee is a moar fight type of girl, and a quiet knowledge sim type was probably not compatible (or challenging enough) for her.  Fight, woohoo, shower, rinse, repeat.  Very exuberant, she is (I generally let her run on free will without much direction).  I assume she goes to class - she passes her exams anyway.

Don't have the noinstantloves hack installed, so it's not like she won't be involved with someone else in about 2 minutes (after the initial crying, whining, and decking the ex-boyfriend is over).

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 October 10, 18:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your sims appear to live only for adventure.  I'm sorry to hear about the Harvey thing, incidentally.  Tragic, that.

I seem to get hung up on the bolts/chemistry thing.  One of my uni students had two bolts for his fiancee, until he changed aspirations in Junior year.  Now he only has one bolt for her, but 3 for a romance sim in the next dorm.  Now I must mess up his life, and his fiancee's.  Perhaps I should install ACR if it makes all this more "natural".
I get bored easily. All four families were at a quiet stage, in a relatively quiet neighborhood. That generally means that someone has to die. The Randomizer said it was the second sim in the first family, which was Laura, and to drown her. Then ACR took over. So see...not me. My hands are clean.  Grin

Delilah has that typical Pleasure sim want of 10 50 Dream Dates. She's gone out with three guys, one of them Harvey. Now they are at neutral chemistry. But I've decided that Iyana, the grampa-lover, isn't worthy of my self-sim's spawn, so I'm giving Michael ("my" youngest) to Delilah and Iyana can just have her step-grampa's babies and live as a single mother making $120/day from her job at her older brother's art store. I'm also kicking her out of the house and giving it to her twin, Kyle, and whichever of "my" girls who likes him best.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: