More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 14:50:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I screwed up, didn't I
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I screwed up, didn't I  (Read 6200 times)
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
I screwed up, didn't I
« on: 2005 October 14, 00:39:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I just hosed a neighborhood. Tongue

I've been getting some corrupted dorms in this one neighborhood (no one gets bills anymore) and I've been getting lots of stuckness in moving out, and I thought maybe the campus had just become too corrupted (it's gone through three generations of students, after all) so I made a new University. But, being the smart person I am (not Tongue) I deleted the first campus to avoid overcrowding, fiery ball visible from space, etc. After I went to bed last night things started occuring to me...including that fact that every Sim I currently control has been through Uni and knows people from Uni. The Uni that no longer exists. Uh oh. Holes = extreme badness, right? Like massive corruption that can only be fixed through burnination of the whole neighborhood kind of badness? Shocked

So let me have it folks...have I just broken my neighborhood beyond repair?

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: I screwed up, didn't I
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 14, 00:46:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not unless you are willing to go to great lengths to repair it, in SimPE, by removing memories etc. Check out this thread, it's worth a shot.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 14, 01:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not a 100% sure but I think eventhough you delete the Univeristy, the Sims that were in it are still there (it did not delete the characters just the University lots and neighborhood).  Best way to know is to load a family that have Sims that went to that Univeristy and see if you can call them and invite them over.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 14, 01:33:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a town with 2 universities and the townies are in the townie household shared between the universities. I see ones generated when I installed the 1rst one walk by in the second one and vice versa. The household and all the character files should still be there and they will most likely do walk bys in the new university and may even move into some of the new dorms you place. I think you should be fine unless you went in SimPE and actually deleted the character files too, which it doesn't sound like you did.

Anyway, it's easy enough to check their memories and see if they have any "met unknown" etc type memories. If they don't then you're okay.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 14, 01:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you just deleted the Uni your only problem is you just bloated your char file.

Those old uni people that lived in the deleted one, they are still part of your game and there forever!!! (unless the next SimPE comes with a delte utility).

So don't worry about it unless you now have a huge char file.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 14, 01:38:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh whew Grin lol

Nope, didn't go into SimPE and delete anything, I'm too scared of breaking stuff to do any more than object creating and minor tinkering with SimPE, lol. I'll take a look at their memories next time I play and see if I have any of those "met unknown" memories. I'm not overly worried about the bloat as I'm going to do another couple of generations in this neighborhood and then that's it (it's a challenge neighborhood and I'm going to delete the whole thing when I've completed the challenge).

Thanks all Smiley

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 14, 01:47:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just remember to try to back up next time before you do anything major Wink. I back up after every game play session now because I've had to replay so many times (ignorance, ignorance about bugs and mods/hacks, itchy fingers and not backing up the entire Sims 2 folder), I'm slower than the original poster in the World's Slowest Sims Player thread Tongue.
dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 14, 02:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Just to hijack the thread a bit...)

I've been getting some corrupted dorms in this one neighborhood (no one gets bills anymore)
I've never gotten a bill in any dorm in the one University neighborhood I've played (a bog-standard SSU, no relevant hacks installed).  Are dorms supposed to get bills?  The mail lady (I think it's a Kaylynn) wanders by once in awhile, but she never puts anything in the box, and I never get Collection Agency warnings.  I've played two (or is it three?) different dorms, and neither gets bills.  In off-campus (non-dorm) houses in the same neighborhood, on the other hand, bills come normally.  I figured that that was just how it was supposed to work.

My university neighborhood seems fine and glitch-free except for this.  Should I expect the BFBVFS effect momentarily, or do dorms just not get bills?

DC
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 14, 02:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always gotten bills in my dorms, until recently. I still get the mailman, but he never does anything, just hangs around for a bit then leaves.

Jen

dmchess
Corpulent Cretin

Zim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 14, 03:03:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always gotten bills in my dorms, until recently. I still get the mailman, but he never does anything, just hangs around for a bit then leaves.
Heh, how puzzling!  That's what mine's always done; I thought it was normal.  Guess I should turn on the testingCheats and watch for interesting popups, check the logs for errors, etc, etc.  Or I could just not worry about it and wait for the Big Ball of Fire...   Cool

DC
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 14, 15:08:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly enough, I did the same thing last night.  Sim State was full of bugs, so I created Acadamie Le Tour and deleted Sim State.  The students in the Student Bin just transferred to the new one.  None of the characters will go, they're all part of the GAME, not the Uni.  The same professors, mascots & so on are used and the same dormies.  I deleted most of the new dormies (there were far too many of them). 

As long as you move all students out of the campus buildings (or wait until they're empty, as I did), you won't lose anything other than the lots in the Uni neighbourhood you're deleting (and you can keep those too if you put them into the Lots & Houses Bin first).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 14, 15:30:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And that's the annoying thing. If you delete a University town all the character files stay, but if you add a second or make a replacement for the university town you deleted not only do the original professors and students stick around, but it generates a whole set up new ones.  Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 14, 16:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as you move all students out of the campus buildings (or wait until they're empty, as I did), you won't lose anything other than the lots in the Uni neighbourhood you're deleting (and you can keep those too if you put them into the Lots & Houses Bin first).

You don't have to move them out of the buildings.   No sims are destroyed when deleting a university.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 14, 18:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whahhh, I made sure to move everyone out, deleted the whole campus, and created a slew of new character files and I'm still going to have the same dweebish dormies??? Tongue Oh well, at least I can still probably move in the cow mascot, since that's supposedly working correctly now. Maybe I'll get brave and nuke some of the more annoying ones in SimPE.

Jen

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: