More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 09:54:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  NL Cemetary Tombstone Problem (Possible Fix)
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: NL Cemetary Tombstone Problem (Possible Fix)  (Read 7495 times)
dsk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
NL Cemetary Tombstone Problem (Possible Fix)
« on: 2005 October 04, 16:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a cute little cemetary in one of my NL neighborhoods and went to a family I've been playing for many generations (so there are about 10 tombstones on the lot).  After I moved the tombstones to my new cemetary, I thought that I could go into the cemetary lot in build mode and move the tombstones where I wanted.  I was wrong -- the tombstones are not there.  When I visit with a sim, the tombstones are there gathered around the pay phone / trash can.  The problem here is that I can't get into build or buy mode in order to move them.

Just for fun, I tried entering the "boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false" cheat while my sim was visiting the cemetary.  It didn't enable build mode, but buy mode was enabled, and that was enough for me to be able to move the tombstones where I wanted.

Just thought I'd share this with folks in case you're having the same problem with cemetaries and tombstone placement.  Perhaps this will get fixed in the NL patch or someone will make a nice hack.

I like puppies, too!  Let's exchange recipies.
babylon
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: NL Cemetary Tombstone Problem (Possible Fix)
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 04, 19:12:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Haven't tried that yet but this worked for me (same problem)
The work around to get a great graveyard.

1. Have Sim send headstones to graveyard.
2. Have Sim take TAXI to cemetery (you will see why later)
3. Take tombstones now huddled on sidewalk into Sim's inventory. Plop them anywhere in the cemetery. Neatness doesn't matter.
4. Type in "changeLotZoning residential"
5. SAVE lot using options button and little floppy icon to save.
6. Have Sim call taxi. Only options will be to go to community lot so go grocery shopping or something on another lot and then have Sim go home from there.
7. In neighborhood view, go into the now residential graveyard. If you forgot and drove, when go back in from neighborhood view, the car will still be there (even though your Sim just drove off in it) thinking it IS home. No problem-just delete car. It will still appear back at it's real home. Put headstones where you want with little hand. Type in "changeLotZoning community" and exit. Can go back into graveyard now and use landscaping tools and buy objects to make nice graves.

This works-fussy-but works. I added 15 graves to Gothier Green Lawns  and it is looking good. Whereas before any visiting Sim would be met with the gravestones of every single headstone sent to the cemetery whether it was his family or not.

You broke his damn ankle, Jack.

He shouldna been playing with adults.
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 04, 21:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You all are making this way too complicated.  If you click on a tombstone at the community lot you can add it to your inventory.  You then click anywhere on the lot and "Place Tombstone Here".

I think you can then go into build mode and move it.
Velda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 05, 00:16:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have a sim move a grave and it doesn't show up at the cemetery when you enter in build mode, all you have to do is quit the game and restart it.  The tombstones will be there on the curb, ready to arrange.
dsk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 05, 00:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks!  Much better than my method. Smiley

I like puppies, too!  Let's exchange recipies.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 05, 14:59:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You all are making this way too complicated.  If you click on a tombstone at the community lot you can add it to your inventory.  You then click anywhere on the lot and "Place Tombstone Here".

I think you can then go into build mode and move it.

That's good to know, thanks for sharing the advice.  Smiley
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 07, 06:33:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have a sim move a grave and it doesn't show up at the cemetery when you enter in build mode, all you have to do is quit the game and restart it.  The tombstones will be there on the curb, ready to arrange.

Amen..ain't that complicated lol

The easiest way I've found to do it..since you're going to have to go through several different screens and lots anyways is to just put the stone/urn into a sims inventory..take them to where you want to move the grave..have them place it..doesn't matter there.

It will be there to arrange as you please in buy/build mode after that.

If you're not restarting your game the key is that a sim needs to have visited the graveyard at some point before you can see/move them where you want.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 07, 14:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but wait a minute people. what about all that problem of not beeing able to send tombstones to a community lot if the lot is not a newly placed lot? everyone was saying that we could move tombstones to a community lot only 1 time, and that this feature was all bugged. now you guys are saying that it works normally? whats happening? people were just unaware of how to use this feature?
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 07, 23:18:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I built a cemetary (community lot).  Had Hunter add her brother stone to her inventory.  She drove there and had her place the stone at the head of a grave.  Sent her home.

From the hood screen, I couldn't see the stone.  Went straight in and it was at the entrance.  Moved it to it's spot.  Saved and left.  It's stayed put ever since.

I did notice that Sims were unable to place stone as an urn ON the counters available in the mausoleum, only on the floor.  But I was able to move them when going into the cemetary from the hood.

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
Rebochan
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 08, 18:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else seeing a previously platinum gravestone turn gray upon putting it in the graveyard?  I had this happen to one of mine and it's driving me mad because I have no idea why this happened.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 08, 22:22:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed something weird in Gothier Green Cemetery today.  Sophie Miguel went there on an outing - it seemed an appropriate place as she's a zombie and has also died of starvation since becoming one (saved by her daughter).  When it came to the time for her to leave, she wasn't able to.  She could sit in her car, but she wasn't able to drive home, nor was she able to call a taxi, so I had to exit back to the neighbourhood without saving.  When I went back into her lot she came back in her car and the meter for her outing was back as if the outing had never happened (it ended quite some time before she went home). 

I am wondering whether because she has died twice, the graveyard thought she belonged there and didn't want her to leave.  Can't say I'm surprised, she definitely looks like Night of the Living Dead - then again, she always did.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 09, 12:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awww don't insult poor Sophie..I like her lol  Although it's getting high time for her to croak in my game.

I've had no other issues with gravestones/gravestones that I have read about after figuring out how to work it properly and that is you either need to restart or have your sim visit the grave site after transferring the tombstones there.  Or just having your sim hand deliver them to the desired location themselves.

However the set up is a bit messy and complicated and quite honestly IMO should be fixed so that they appear there in buy/build mode regardless of what way the got trasferred to their final resting site.
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 09, 18:08:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else seeing a previously platinum gravestone turn gray upon putting it in the graveyard?  I had this happen to one of mine and it's driving me mad because I have no idea why this happened.

I moved a platinum stone last night to check and it stayed platinum.  Sorry your deceased got demoted.  Sad

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 09, 18:18:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a cute little cemetary in one of my NL neighborhoods and went to a family I've been playing for many generations (so there are about 10 tombstones on the lot).  After I moved the tombstones to my new cemetary, I thought that I could go into the cemetary lot in build mode and move the tombstones where I wanted.  I was wrong -- the tombstones are not there.  When I visit with a sim, the tombstones are there gathered around the pay phone / trash can.  The problem here is that I can't get into build or buy mode in order to move them.

Just for fun, I tried entering the "boolprop dormspecifictoolsdisabled false" cheat while my sim was visiting the cemetary.  It didn't enable build mode, but buy mode was enabled, and that was enough for me to be able to move the tombstones where I wanted.

Just thought I'd share this with folks in case you're having the same problem with cemetaries and tombstone placement.  Perhaps this will get fixed in the NL patch or someone will make a nice hack.

The Prima Guide mentions that it is important to "save" after you move the tombstones, or they won't be there when you go to the cemetery. In other words, the grave will return to it's original lot. Probably common sense, but thought I'd mention it.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: