More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 06:58:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What the heck does that?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What the heck does that?  (Read 2706 times)
SarahKOM
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
What the heck does that?
« on: 2007 June 22, 22:42:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think this should going in 'Oops! You broke it!' because the game seems fixed now but I want to know what kind of CC could actually do this. I may be wrong about where it goes though.
I have all EP's and I think all stuff packs too, in case that has something to do with it.

Well, you know when it's loading up, and you get that text running underneath 'Stockpiling leftovers' and that.
Well, mine got as far as 'Calcuating Snowball Trajectories' before it inexplicably just went out of the game. Just blinked right out and shut the game down.
I tried again about twice or thrice with the same results.

So I restarted my computer then uninstalled and reinastalled Seasons, it loaded then. But then I realised that I'd messed up putting it my backup and when I did put in my backup right, it wouldn't work anymore.
I removed my most recent downloads (I have more than a frigging gigabyte of CC) and it worked.
Most of the CC was accessories and clothing but one was an unawesome 'Call to Dinner fix' and when I put back in those bits it glitched again.
I took out some more suspect bits and bobs and I'm trying again. I don't think it's the clothing obviously because I doubt clothing meshes can do that. Or can they? Evil Liana Meshes Of GameDOOM?

What part of the game does be loaded when it shows 'Calculating Snowball Trajectories anyways?'
What CC can do that to games in the first place?

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: What the heck does that?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 June 22, 22:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried deleting the groups.cache file before loading the game? Personally, that's the first thing I'd do.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
SarahKOM
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 June 22, 22:56:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't delete anything not CC because I'm freaked about destroying the computer. It's a work one, and I've lost everything on it before.

I fixed it though! Apparently it was a frigging dreamcatcher download. The hell?

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 June 23, 16:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always know when I've hit the "no more cc" barrier because my game refuses to load at all. -snicker-

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: