More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 09:44:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pregnancy at uni
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pregnancy at uni  (Read 6499 times)
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Pregnancy at uni
« on: 2007 May 21, 12:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know about the kitten killer...
but is there a mod that allows ya pregnancy adjusted to the time a lot of us play? (2 semesters =1 day)
I would like ya to be pregnant for 6 semesters, and I donīt even care if the pregnancy gets stuck and the baby is born at the normal neighborhood.
Also, there was a mod that allowed ya outside of uni? where? Does it cause problems?

thx :-)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Pregnancy at uni
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 21, 12:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. Sims should not become pregnant at college due to the numerous issues it causes, not to mention variable-timing scale issues which are blatantly exposed when this happens. YAs do not harm the game if they are invited or summoned to non-Uni lots. The Customer Selector can enable such a business, and they can be invited over normally.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 21, 13:27:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a well, no babys then *g*

I did not mean as visitors. I just dont want sims that donīt go to college to age faster ;-)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 May 21, 13:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did not mean as visitors. I just dont want sims that donīt go to college to age faster ;-)
You are going to have to figure out some kind of accounting system to deal with the age discrepancy. I suggest borrowing the days you choose out of the teen stage, it's disproportionately out of scale anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 May 21, 14:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just put the pregnancy on hold, then advance it manually when you want the next trimester to occur.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 May 21, 14:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You are going to have to figure out some kind of accounting system to deal with the age discrepancy. I suggest borrowing the days you choose out of the teen stage, it's disproportionately out of scale anyway.
I cut teenhood at 8 days (so 7 days left) regardless of whether they go to Uni or not. It's boring after day two anyways.

As for the pregnancy thing, why rush it? They have plenty of time to procreate when they graduate/drop out. Could you study with something kicking your bladder? As for sims not going to college not aging faster, I'm not sure I understand the issue. They won't age unless you play them. You could always turn aging off for them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pyromaniac
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 May 21, 17:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got one of my YAs pregnant once, using christianlov's Easy Bed. When she graduated, the baby was left in the greek house and the lot crashed every time I tried to use it. Undecided
SnootCB
Irritating Ignoramus

my cat is moar awesome than u

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 May 21, 19:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once (when I was first starting to play with boolprop TestingCheats) got a YA pregnant.  I used the Tombstone of L & D to speed up the pregnancy, then- after the mother graduated- I had to use the Sim Modder to age the baby up to teen so she could "move to college" ( Tongue ) and go on from there.  But it was pretty stupid of me- I didn't play the mother till the child graduated and they ended up being the same age.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 May 21, 20:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you study with something kicking your bladder?
People do...

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Nauthiz
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 May 21, 20:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a few Uni pregnancies - that's one of the reasons I use kitten killer (I know, I know... but each kitten has nine lives! Tongue) - if YAs can woohoo, there should be a risk of getting pregnant. I believe this hack ensures that the baby is moved out properly with its parent. I've never had any major problems (although there could be some I wasn't aware of Tongue). I even tried to move to college a pregnant teen - she behaved like an YA, went to class, etc., but looked like a teen until giving birth, then she grew up normally (that's because the game considers pregnant teens as adults). In case you wondering - I like to do a VBT from time to time and see if it works or not. Smiley

The only problem I can recall now was something with a greek house. My Sim got pregnant in a dorm and gave birth there, then she moved out with the baby and founded a greek house. She also moved in her elder mother (Inteen allows non-YA Sims on Uni lots). It turned out that both the baby and its grandma were considered as greek house members. Then I was playing back at the dorm and one of the guys wanted to join the greek house.  I can't remember what I did, but all greek house members were invited, including the infant...

Ahh, I remember that dorm - it was hilarious. Almost everyone was attracted to everyone and they were constantly woohooing autonomously. I almost wanted to give all of them long hair and colourful clothing and declare them a hippie comune...  Cheesy I've deleted this neighbourhood - it was only for testing - but I should have a story saved somewhere, I'll look for it.

Me: One of my Sims just made a fire in the kitchen.
My Grandma: How? Did he burn a dishcloth?
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 May 21, 23:25:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like teens. But it bugs me enough that teens donīt get pregnant. I donīt care if a pregnant YA would have to leave uni and go back to the normal hood. Itīs just the fact that they woohoo like bunniys with no risk *g* I dont want babys at uni, because of the time problems. Just pregnancys, even stuck ones.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 May 22, 04:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once (when I was first starting to play with boolprop TestingCheats) got a YA pregnant.  I used the Tombstone of L & D to speed up the pregnancy, then- after the mother graduated- I had to use the Sim Modder to age the baby up to teen so she could "move to college" ( Tongue ) and go on from there.  But it was pretty stupid of me- I didn't play the mother till the child graduated and they ended up being the same age.
I've done it once, and that was enough to get it out of my system. You can add the baby back into the family once they've moved into the neighborhood by using the tombstone and have it remain as a baby. That was in a coed frat full of pre-ACR debauchery. (Castor Nova getting busy with three sisters at different times, getting two of them pregnant and marrying the other).

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 May 22, 18:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim got knocked up at college, she was on pregnancy stage 0 for the rest of college and bumped to stage 1 when she got home. The father was a professor. I think she got pregnant in the photobooth downtown or something, might have been part of risky woohoo,  but I didn't try to cheat it along or anything, just left it alone.

INFP or something
trudy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 May 23, 11:31:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

that sounds like what i want. what risky woohoo do you use?
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 May 23, 15:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the standard risky woohoo hack. I don't have CR or ACR or anything like that that comes with risky woohoo. Um, I believe it's by Syber, as it says SS_RiskyWoohoo on it IIRC.

INFP or something
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: