More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 11:25:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Custom Furniture and Pets
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom Furniture and Pets  (Read 3624 times)
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Custom Furniture and Pets
« on: 2007 April 29, 22:07:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, I've been away for a while, but I'm messing with the game again and just installed Pets and Seasons.

I may be wrong -- I really haven't put any of my custom furniture back in yet, just recolors -- but I'm guessing that Sim pets can't chew/scratch, sleep on, etc., most pre-Pets custom beds and couches and so on. Do these things have to be totally re-cloned from post-Pets Maxis originals to allow it, or is there some simpler way to do it? (Or has anyone yet come up with a tutorial for inexperienced but non-clueless SimPE users to allow them to copy the behavior from one object to another related one? I'm still hoping I'll be able to make some of the pretty but useless (Energy 1 or 2) beds that certain people (Sunair, for one) have made into beds I actually want my Sims to sleep in.) Or are some custom objects made in such a way that they draw their behavior from the Maxis original actually IN the game, instead of the one in the game they were cloned from, meaning I'd have to test new-mesh objects one-by-one in order to see whether they're pet-functional?

(Given that one of my favorite couches is a Maxis one, and so few custom beds and counters are worth using, maybe I should just save the custom stuff for houses where I don't want Pets on the furniture anyway. Do pets climb up on dining chairs?)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
dragoness
Irritating Ignoramus

INTJ.

View Profile
Re: Custom Furniture and Pets
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 29, 23:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can't help you with most of that, but no, pets don't climb up on chairs. The only interaction they'll do is to chew/claw it, but they'll do that to anything.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 29, 23:16:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jfade has a Pets CC Updater utility, found here.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 30, 00:09:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah-hah! That's the trouble, I searched on 'pets furniture' and not 'pets custom content' when looking to see if the issue had already been addressed. I appreciate the pointer.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: