More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 20:28:06

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is there any way to get rid of a Met Self memory?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is there any way to get rid of a Met Self memory?  (Read 2500 times)
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
Is there any way to get rid of a Met Self memory?
« on: 2007 May 01, 18:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a Mac, so Sim PE isn't an answer.  I'm not sure, but I *think* this was caused by tending bar at his own community lot. I've installed "Drama Professor and Met Self" fix, so hopefully there will be no more of this.  I have seen no symptoms of "cheating on self" and he's a Romance Sim, so the opportunities would be ample, to say the least.

I know a lot of people would say "just throw out the neighborhood" (and it *is* backed up--I've just not exactly sure when he *acquired* the memory). And there is a reason I don't want to throw out the neighborhood, too--it's a Legacy neighborhood that is halfway through and recreating it without SimPE would be an *enormous* PITA.  I'm a bit concerned about recreating all my important characters and editing their relationships--probably *impossible.*

BTW, we had a case of weird Drama Professor memories at least 25 Sim Years ago.  I was not bright enough to know that this could be a problem (except for the irrational jealousy) so didn't do anything about it, and so far there haven't been any problems.

PB

julialenn
Blathering Buffoon

INTJ

View Profile
Re: Is there any way to get rid of a Met Self memory?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 01, 19:20:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a Mac, so Sim PE isn't an answer.  I'm not sure, but I *think* this was caused by tending bar at his own community lot. I've installed "Drama Professor and Met Self" fix, so hopefully there will be no more of this.  I have seen no symptoms of "cheating on self" and he's a Romance Sim, so the opportunities would be ample, to say the least.

This isn't really related, but I wanted to share it anyway.
due to something weird with acr, (involving me canceling an action, realizing what he was trying to do, and telling him to go ahead after all) I have a sim with a Public WooHoo with Self memory.
I decided to keep it and pretend he was having happytime with himself.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Is there any way to get rid of a Met Self memory?
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 02, 01:05:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4616.0.html I believe this is the fix.  Not sure about what to do about the 'metself' memory already created.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: