More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 06, 10:39:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  comm-skilling, debugger issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: comm-skilling, debugger issues  (Read 12041 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
Re: comm-skilling, debugger issues
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 30, 01:24:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking you have some larger issue to deal with than the Lot Debugger at this point. I have no idea what it could be. Maybe you had a bad install or something.

So, try a fresh install?  I really haven't had much play time so I wouldn't be losing much.  Maybe I"ll try that.  I'll let you know.

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 30, 04:39:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hate to be a pessimist but somehow I doubt that will help. It seems to be Maxis-ese for 'I have no friggin clue what's wrong with your game or what to do about it'  Tongue But if you don't mind spending a little time doing it, I suppose at very least it couldn't hurt.

I've actually just noticed a sim tonight (who is a regular graduate, not an upgraded one btw) with blank wants and I've gotten rid of the TwoJeffs call to chat fix which didn't work for me anyhow, so it isn't that. I have a sneaking suspicion it's some other hack but I'm not sure which and am not ready to go back to using none since I've been carefully putting them back in one by one.

I know a lot of the creators and other people are saying certain hacks are okay, but this expansion is really new and I'm not certain we can be 100% sure about that in all cases yet.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 30, 07:16:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, one thing I forgot to mention is that "noretiredjobspam" is one of the updated hacks. You might want to make sure you're using the new one.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 30, 11:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm actually sort of glad that you're having the same problem Motoki, only because it means I didn't necessarily do something idiotic.  I was thinking last night that maybe I FUBAR'ed the game when I tried to replace my backup AFTER installing n/l so I decided to go ahead and uninstall, restore the backup to uni, then reinstall n/l.  We'll see what happens.

I haven't seen any response yet to why I get no comm-skilling.  I haven't played since the fresh install last night, so I'll see if it is working at all now.  Also, any ideas on the double loading screens?  (see original post)

edit:  well, it's not the debugger.  This time, I got the error before even entering the house and starting with Gen. Buzz down to Buck, they had increasing blank wants -- by age (!) until Buck had none.  Gonna go start taking out all want hacks and adding in one by one.  :-P

C
« Last Edit: 2005 September 30, 12:56:05 by faemidwife » Logged

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 30, 13:24:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gonna go start taking out all want hacks and adding in one by one.  :-P

Fun, isn't it?  Sad I've done it more times than  I care to admit.

I've been very anal about putting all my stuff in subdirectories of subdirectories so that actually does help a bit to keep things organized like that. I have a Downloads/Hacks/J.M. Pescado a Downloads/Hacks/TwoJeffs etc. lol

I'd check too but I have a flight in a few hours and will be going out of town for a week. I hope you figure out what's causing it without having to spend too much time on it. Sad

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 02, 18:03:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've just come to the conclusion that something in Pescado's "commlightson" hack causes pool lights to get corrupted.

If you go to Sim Center South in simless build mode with the hack in, you'll see what I mean. It gives a nonsense "Stack number out of range" error and you are forced to delete the pool lights in order to get into the lot. If you then quit and remove the hack, the lights will still exhibit the error until you replace them.

I'm starting to think that other problems (like errors with Wants check trees) may be similar in nature. I just have no idea how or why this corruption is taking place.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 02, 18:47:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm still getting the blank wants, although they are not always on loading the lot anymore.  Example.  Was playing the Specter house.  Upgraded Olive Specter to uni.  I did NOT have the testingcheats enabled.  She went downtown with Nervous and Pascal that night, satisfied several other wants (like hire a maid).  I locked her want to retire.  The next day when she woke up, I had her call work and retire.  As soon as the wants spun, three of the six went blank.  Ophelia's wants were still fine at the moment.  Deleting Olive and reloading the lot temporarily solved the problem, but I've been unable to isolate it because putting the hacks in one by one I couldn't find it on loading.  I'd have to play for a while one at a time :-P  Not a fun thought considering there are 130 files in my hacks folder.  Bleh.

C

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 02, 18:51:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting Olive and reloading the lot temporarily solved the problem, but I've been unable to isolate it because putting the hacks in one by one I couldn't find it on loading.  I'd have to play for a while one at a time :-P  Not a fun thought considering there are 130 files in my hacks folder.  Bleh.

C
Yeah I know it's a pain, but its somewhat easier if you do like groups of 10 or so instead of one at a time.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 02, 19:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a fun thought considering there are 130 files in my hacks folder.  Bleh.

Yeah, that really sucks. Sad I'm at my sister's place now for a week, but when I get back and if you don't have it narrowed down I can try and help.

I think what Rainbow suggested was a good idea. You could even play with one half, then if that doesn't trigger it play with the other half of hacks, then when it's triggered, half that group again and so forth. I've narrowed things down that way before. It still takes some time that way, but better than one by one, especially if you can't narrow it down right away on the lot loading.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 03, 00:45:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a fun thought considering there are 130 files in my hacks folder.  Bleh.

Yeah, that really sucks. Sad I'm at my sister's place now for a week, but when I get back and if you don't have it narrowed down I can try and help.

I think what Rainbow suggested was a good idea. You could even play with one half, then if that doesn't trigger it play with the other half of hacks, then when it's triggered, half that group again and so forth. I've narrowed things down that way before. It still takes some time that way, but better than one by one, especially if you can't narrow it down right away on the lot loading.

That's actually how I started.  I put in all the "A's" then all the "B's" and so on.  If there weren't many of one letter, I'd put in about 6 or so at a time.  I thought I had it narrowed down to the N's, but then removing them all to the point where it was last working properly didn't make any difference.  So I backed up further, removed more, and starting taking out one at a time.  I still didn't find the culprit so I just gave up and deleted the sim with the blank Icons and reloaded the lot.  But I certainly don't want to have to do that every time.  I still think it's possibly related to the "upgrade pre-uni sim" on the debugger because it has only happened on lots where I have done that.  It might just be a conflict of some sort with something else.  Another interesting tidbit.... The ONLY want that was still showing in Ripp's wants at the time was "go to college" and I had not yet added a college to the neighborhood, but the "nocollegeobsession" hack was installed.  That made me think it might be that, and I've been playing tonight with that one removed.  So far, no blank icons, but I haven't been back into the upgraded sims lot yet.

C

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: