More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 06, 09:38:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  simDNA correlation with modder?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: simDNA correlation with modder?  (Read 2903 times)
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
simDNA correlation with modder?
« on: 2007 February 20, 11:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm looking for info on a simple way to correlate those descriptions that simDNA throws out with those CC modders.   For instance, i've got some 4th gen offspring of a line showing for Hair:  febb9aa1-4ad6-979e-225b-63860a38ebc6    for the first gene and blond for the 2nd and they display blond hair,  yet other offspring in that line show the 2nd gene as Red and they display Red.    So, i've deduced that first hair gene is a Style of hair.  But, how would i find out what that style is?  As in CAS or 'change appearance'?  It could come from the starting CAS couple or from a Townie i married in.
   One last note, if it can only be done using SimPE, then i'll give up on this project, as i refuse to load/run that program.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: simDNA correlation with modder?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 20, 14:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think this would be difficult to figure out, even with SimPE, if you don't know for sure where the custom hair came from.  The only way I know of to do this is to check all of your custom hair files in SimPE, one at a time, looking for the one with the "haircolor" property set to the mystery value, and then note carefully what the description is on that custom hair file so you can find it again in CAS or the Change Appearance screen.  I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but it's probably the most straightforward way to get an answer to the question.

Also keep in mind that the custom hair will typically be for only one gender.  For example, if your mystery custom hair is a female hair style, then even if a male Sim inherited it, you wouldn't be able to tell (in-game) what the style was unless he passed it on to his female offspring and it became her dominant hair gene.

Your assumption about the SimDNA information is not quite correct, by the way.  The first haircolor value is the dominant gene, the second is the recessive gene.  Normally the dominant one would be the one the Sim is actually showing, but in the case of custom hair, if the dominant haircolor is the wrong gender for that Sim, the game will automatically display the Sim with the recessive haircolor instead.  And if neither the recessive nor the dominant haircolor are the right gender for the Sim (I've seen this happen many times with inherited custom hair) then the game will assign the Sim a default Maxis hairstyle/color instead.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 20, 14:36:58 by karen » Logged
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 20, 17:05:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also keep in mind that the custom hair will typically be for only one gender.  For example, if your mystery custom hair is a female hair style, then even if a male Sim inherited it, you wouldn't be able to tell (in-game) what the style was unless he passed it on to his female offspring and it became her dominant hair gene.

Your assumption about the SimDNA information is not quite correct, by the way.  The first haircolor value is the dominant gene, the second is the recessive gene.  Normally the dominant one would be the one the Sim is actually showing, but in the case of custom hair, if the dominant haircolor is the wrong gender for that Sim, the game will automatically display the Sim with the recessive haircolor instead.  And if neither the recessive nor the dominant haircolor are the right gender for the Sim (I've seen this happen many times with inherited custom hair) then the game will assign the Sim a default Maxis hairstyle/color instead.

Thanks for the reply,  in-depth info like what you just gave me is very hard to come by, it is much appreciated.  Do you happen to know of any sites i might go to, so i can really dig into genetics?  Other than the standard custom over maxis, black/red over brown/blond, etc.   Smiley
   I didn't know about the simDNA cheat until well into my current challenge, so i'm trying to back-track thru 2 deceased generations.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 21, 04:44:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BogSims Institute is pretty helpful:

http://www.springhole.net/bogsims/

There's a hacking genetics tut in the tutorial section

Inteen for AL, yay!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: