More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 05:31:07

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A request: pets go to work automatically
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A request: pets go to work automatically  (Read 13747 times)
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: A request: pets go to work automatically
« Reply #25 on: 2007 January 03, 04:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this is a slightly belated response to this thread (12 days?), but I'm going to take a chance since I did not get the evil skeleton alerting me that this thread was too old to post in. Smiley

I've read a whole lot about problems with Pet jobs.  I only very recently tried getting one of my pets a job, and for some reason, no carpool comes at all.
I have the option to find a job for my pets and everything, but after days and days of waiting, the carpool has never come.  Not once.
I've been digging through posts here about pet jobs and their respective problems, but don't see this one around.  It's probably because I waited too long to actually get one a job...so my problem is likely ancient news by now, lol.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 January 03, 04:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When that happened to me, it was Dizzy's Sitter hack for OFB that wasn't updated for Pets, but I had left it in.  Others have mentioned having problems with old versions of Pescado's noagediscrimination hack and Jase's hack that does the same thing by letting elders get adult jobs.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 January 03, 07:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the response...
I actually don't have any of those hacks in my game, unfortunately.  Though, it seems that many things may be prone to cause issues with Pet jobs.
If anyone else knows of any other hacks that cause this issue, I'd love to hear which ones.
I'll be trying to track it down, but if anyone has more ideas to give me a head start, I'd be deeply grateful.
Thanks very much. Smiley
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 January 03, 08:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See if you have any old hacks that may not have been upgraded for Pets.  You can probably eliminate FFS hacks and TJ's hacks as long as you have the most current ones, as they have been thoroughly tested by Pes and TJ and most other people here.  Try taking out groups of hacks and see if the carpool comes.  That's what I did.  I saved a few hours before the carpool was due to come and then I'd wait and see if it came, then exit without saving.  That's how I narrowed it down for me.  Also, make sure you don't have any duplicates.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 January 03, 08:56:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check for some hacked custom PCs as well. For some reason these can interfere with the carpool apparently.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 January 03, 09:01:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Monique's PC, and it's ok.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 January 03, 09:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Monique is good at updating. But any non-updated custom PC may throw conflicts.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 January 03, 20:47:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And what ever became of Mike Inside?   He hit the ground running but seems to have fizzled out.

Sorry, only just saw this. I was talking to Mike a couple of months ago about souls, he said he doesn't play the sims anymore. I believe his forum is still active and his site, as you know, is still hosted by MTS2. I still often refer to his building tutorials.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 January 15, 17:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey, in case anyone's interested in knowing, I fixed my problem with the Pets' carpool not showing.
I don't know exactly which file was causing it, but I removed all of Inge Jone's institution hacks (I never updated them) except for the prisoner token which I use along with TJ's Visitor Controller.  Now everything is working again...

As for Monique's computer, since it was mentioned.
Does anyone know if this works with Pescado's Global clothing tool file?  I remember way back, I was only able to use the computer or the global clothing tool if I wanted to shop online with the computer.  For some reason Monique's "shop for clothing online" option would jump when used in conjunction with the clothing tools global package. Just curious if anyone knows if this has been fixed?

Anyway, thanks for all of the advice!  I'm so glad to have it fixed, because now I know how retarded Pet jobs are!   You'll all be happy to know that I am no longer in the business of exploiting my little furry friends for money. 
Countess
eamethyst
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 January 16, 15:05:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use both Monique's computers and Pescado's clothing tool, actually keep both on every lot, so the most recent versions should play well together.  I use the clothing tool to eliminate ugly age transition outfits and update appearances, and the shop at home option on the computers to satisfy the "Buy new clothes" want when I don't want to take the time to send them to a community lot.
OpiumGirl
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 January 23, 08:24:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use both Monique's computers and Pescado's clothing tool, actually keep both on every lot, so the most recent versions should play well together.  I use the clothing tool to eliminate ugly age transition outfits and update appearances, and the shop at home option on the computers to satisfy the "Buy new clothes" want when I don't want to take the time to send them to a community lot.
Glad to hear it!  I've missed being able to immediately alter the sims appearance after he/she ages....They end up wandering around in hideously mismatched clothing until I get around to playing them...it's traumatic...really...
Thank you for letting me know. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: