More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 22:16:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  Some tweaks for walkbys parade
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Some tweaks for walkbys parade  (Read 7660 times)
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Some tweaks for walkbys parade
« on: 2006 December 29, 12:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My first attempt at hack with no assistance (ok, panic! Cheesy)
It seems to work, but I have no Pets, so I have no idea if something is changed.
If anybody wants to take a look and see if I made a mess or not, any comment or insult will be equally appreciated.
--------------------------------
The normal (Maxis) way is 4 walkbys/day, at 10, 14, 16, 18 o'clock, plus some other checks about neighborhood type, presence of children, friends, and so on.

Now, I wanted more and more walkbys/day, random with no known/unknown modificators.

This hack changes the walkbys parade's timing from a fixed-hours-base to a range-base.
I addeed a BCON with this new values, so the original one - which contains many others - remains identical. Addeed also labels, both for this new BCON and for original one, for better understanding of values.

* marhis-walkbys-nocheckonknown.package is what I use: walkbys every hour, from 9 to 22, plus "sim known" check disabled.

Alternate versions:
  • marhis-walkbys-vers1.package is walkbys every hour, from 9 to 22, only.
  • marhis-walkbys-vers2.package is walkbys every hour, from 10 to 18 (Maxis range).
  • marhis-walkbys-vers3.package is walkbys every hour, from 14 to 21 (afternoon only).
  • marhis-walkbys-none.package for hermits: no walkbys at all, nope, never, let me alone.

It's very easy, in any case, to change range values in SimPE, if preferred.

Use only one of these at once.

ETA: attaching zips is a good idea.

ETA2: addeed a walkbys-always hack : walkbys every hour 24/7, non stop

* marhis-walkbys-tweaks.zip (3.81 KB - downloaded 291 times.)
* marhis-walkbys-always.zip (0.29 KB - downloaded 217 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 January 02, 04:02:22 by Marhis » Logged

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Some tweaks for walkbys parade
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 29, 13:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey nice idea. I'll give it a try.
Question though: what is this "sim known"? Does the game normally favour walkbys of known Sims?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 29, 14:11:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always wanted more walkbys so I think this is a great idea  Cheesy  I will try it out after others have tested it *laughs*
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 29, 20:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question though: what is this "sim known"? Does the game normally favour walkbys of known Sims?

Not sure; I tried to follow all the tree, check after check, but it involves too many things I don't understand and eventually I gave up and simply bypass that check as is, and see in game what happens.

For sure, there are checks about presence of children in the lot, STR level (which I bypassed), work hours, intersected with others, even more complex.. that's why I gave up  Cheesy.

EDIT TO ADD: Noticed that with this hack children may walk by even after 6 p.m., because there's no ifchecks on this part (Maxis default schedules latest walkby at 6 p.m. regardless of age). It's a bit pointless, because if you greet a post-6pm child, he leaves immediately; I don't feel the need to add a check for, because my gluttony for walkbys is satisfied anyway, but if anybody wants to, please do Smiley.
« Last Edit: 2006 December 30, 23:31:00 by Marhis » Logged

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 31, 17:11:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never understood why maxis/ea made it so the last walkby is at 6pm. I've always wanted walkbys later in the evening and even during the night since not all sims are on the same schedule.

Would it be possible to do a version that has walkbys at all hours of the day and night?  ot atleast later in the evening cause I think after midnight or 2am walkbys give the "can't believe how late it is" message - I had a buggy lot that got a couple very late walkbys inculding crumplebutt who entered my sims house and smacked the shit out of him for kissing(or flirting with) his wife.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 31, 18:19:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

<snip>EDIT TO ADD: Noticed that with this hack children may walk by even after 6 p.m., because there's no ifchecks on this part (Maxis default schedules latest walkby at 6 p.m. regardless of age). It's a bit pointless, because if you greet a post-6pm child, he leaves immediately; I don't feel the need to add a check for, because my gluttony for walkbys is satisfied anyway, but if anybody wants to, please do Smiley.

But now they're known by your Sim, so you can call them on the phone and pump up the relationship.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 02, 04:17:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would it be possible to do a version that has walkbys at all hours of the day and night?

Oh yes Smiley
I addeed that to the first post, to keep all together.
If you greet a walkby after 2 am he/she leaves, but as miros said, at least now you know him/her and can be called by phone.
If you like to control the scheduling more, instead, open any one of these hacks with "vers" in name, and modify the BCON I addeed for (Tuning - Walkbys hours):

Alter those numbers according to european 24h time convention (22 = 10 pm).

ETA: Vampire checks remains unaltered, so if the night walkby is a vampire, doesn't leave when greeted.

------
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 02, 13:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you! *presses sheep button many many times*  Cheesy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: