More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 21:58:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Phone Sort of Hack
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Phone Sort of Hack  (Read 15360 times)
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Phone Sort of Hack
« Reply #25 on: 2005 September 23, 04:14:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since he does this for no reward but praise I will accept whatever he puts out.  

I second that, please don't sidetrack him,  I just want my phone to stop ringing and saying "You haven't called lately"    Angry

I wish I wish I had an option that said "I don't give a big flying f.  Just stop calling.    Grin  

I don't have one phone in any of my houses since installing NL and losing the JT phone hack.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2005 September 25, 22:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was reminded today that it was the phone hack that stopped Sims phoning when they should be at work, rather than the actual game.  Today my self-Sim had a phone call at 10.45 am - from the Contessa vampire.  Of course, she only stayed on the phone a very short while, which was annoying because I want her to build-up the relationship.  Anyway, she rang the Contessa back and was told something along the lines of "Aagh, the sun is too hot, I'm burning up, I can't hangout right now".  So why did she phone in the first place? 

OK, it could be quite handy to leave this in insofar as it will help build-up relationships with the vampires, but it's still silly.  The Prima Guide states quite clearly that vampires are not available for phone contact during the day - it didn't say "But they can call you".  Perhaps they have a cellphone in their coffins that only makes outgoing calls.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 September 25, 22:38:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would think you'd get pretty bad reception in a coffin...

I have 3 cell phones sitting on the roof of one of my houses right now. Don't do me much good up there, but NL has added the new annoyance of sims constantly calling to ask you on another date. Sometimes I don't want to sit there while another lot loads, I just wanna stay where I am and play (read that in whiny little kid's voice and stomp feet). So up on the roof the phones go. I wonder if it takes away relationship points to decline an offer to go out?

Motoki, when I read your posts I'm always hearing it in a crotchety old lady voice in my head. Must be your avatar? Grin
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 September 26, 03:37:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Well I'm a 33 year old male, but I do like to complain and can be quite crotchety when I put my mind to it. Wink

I think at this point I am so well associated with those nannies that when I tried once to use a different avatar everyone complained and said I should bring the nannies back so I caved.   Cheesy

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 September 26, 04:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I know. You have the same problem I do. I always have male avatars so I'm often assumed to be male. I'm actually a 35 year old female! My best pictures all happen to be of my male sims, though, so what can I say? I used to feel the need to fit it in every post that "I'm female!!!", but those who know me already know that. Those who don't, find out soon enough. Often after some flirtatious comment that I can't reciprocate, lol.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 September 26, 12:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to be unusual for crafting an avatar that actually looks like me.

Back on-topic, I've been using Dizzy's "auto-lateral" phone hack in lieu of Pescado's, and it's surprising how much it relieves phone annoyance.  I think the stupid "Is so-and-so available?" popups were half the problem.  They interrupted gameplay.  Now I get those "why haven't you called?" nags, but they're no more annoying than the "so-and-so isn't a friend" warnings because I needn't click on them.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
nothingbutsims
« Reply #31 on: 2005 September 26, 14:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just want my phone to stop ringing and saying "You haven't called lately"

Yes - I agree with you on this one.  Talk about phone harassment!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 01, 02:55:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to be unusual for crafting an avatar that actually looks like me.

Back on-topic, I've been using Dizzy's "auto-lateral" phone hack in lieu of Pescado's, and it's surprising how much it relieves phone annoyance.  I think the stupid "Is so-and-so available?" popups were half the problem.  They interrupted gameplay.  Now I get those "why haven't you called?" nags, but they're no more annoying than the "so-and-so isn't a friend" warnings because I needn't click on them.

- Gus

I just mentioned this mod on another thread.  Since installing it, I haven't had a single "Why haven't you called?" call.  The only calls I get now are to invite my Sim out or to have a quick chat.  Maybe it's somehow stopping them coming through, because I don't think it's a feature of the mod - anyway, whatever it is, it's very welcome.  Those calls were driving me crazy.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: