More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 10:18:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Dress Uniform as Formal Wear
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Dress Uniform as Formal Wear  (Read 6641 times)
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
Dress Uniform as Formal Wear
« on: 2006 October 14, 16:58:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can someone please point me to a tutorial on how to extract and recategorize the military career dress uniform to make it available as buyable formal attire? Any of a half-dozen hacks make it available as an everyday option, but I have looked and looked and can't find any provision for making it formal.

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Dress Uniform as Formal Wear
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 14, 17:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, now there's a trick to that. Lemme see what I can do, the tutorials in this regard are extremely bad, resulting in duplicated textures and massive memory waste.

And here you go. The Army uniforms can now be planned as formal outfits...if you have earned them from the military career, or if you cheat. Tongue

* armyformal.zip (1.06 KB - downloaded 170 times.)
« Last Edit: 2006 October 14, 22:35:37 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 14, 22:52:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever have things you didn't know you wanted until someone gave it to you?  This was one of them...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 October 14, 23:22:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Note also how I have kept things to an absolutely tiny filesize, instead of somebody's mammoth gargantuan 4 MB bloatware file. Some people have complained that I'm terminally anal for chopping things down to the last byte, but if more people followed this practice, TS2 would have fit on a single CD instead of requiring 4, and expansions would come on floppies.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 October 14, 23:38:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Absolutely loving that, too!  Smiley

Fish Dude
Corpulent Cretin

WTF?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 October 14, 23:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...and expansions would come on floppies.

That would suck, as my computer doesnt even have a space to put floppy disks in  Huh Its not even that old.

No ones gonna take me alive, the time has come to make things right.
You and I must fight for our rights, you and I must fight to survive.

- Muse
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 October 14, 23:43:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, then use punch cards.  Wink

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 14, 23:45:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would suck, as my computer doesnt even have a space to put floppy disks in  Huh Its not even that old.
Yes, well, Floppy disks wouldn't have gone out of style if not for the fact that everything was allowed to be so bloated.

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 14, 23:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but CDs are shiny!  Grin
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 14, 23:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but CDs are shiny!  Grin

Yep. I've never liked floppys for the precise reason that they're so ugly. I'm more a sleek modern or ornate classical kinda girl - I've never been much into retro.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 15, 00:39:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, well, Floppy disks wouldn't have gone out of style if not for the fact that everything was allowed to be so bloated.
The fact that they were hidiously slow was also an issue.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 15, 01:41:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, that too, but I think the fugliness bothered me more. Tongue
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 October 15, 05:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Small caution: this conflicts with Motoki's Buyable Work and NPC Clothes. I had to remove that (and just to be safe, all the rest of the hack) before the uniforms showed up as formal options.

However, I am delighted to say that now my military officers look great in their dress uniforms!

Thank you, JM!

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 October 15, 05:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as you make sure this loads after, you should be fine. Although it won't be buyable. You gotta earn 'em! They're not like some of those OTHER uniforms, which are just ordinary suits and jackets.

KevinTMC
Lipless Loser

Official THANG and Insular Person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 October 15, 06:53:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Hideously slow". Pffft.

Somebody obviously never played games on a Commodore 64 that loaded from a cassette drive...

I am a compulsive post-editor. Any and all of the above is subject to change, within the first 15 minutes or so after it is posted. (Or longer, if I'm trying to make it funny.)
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 October 15, 11:18:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Somebody obviously never played games on a Commodore 64 that loaded from a cassette drive...
I have been spared that pain.  I have however suffered through an installation of Microsoft Office 6.0 on 37 diskettes on 20 computers one after the other.

Slightly back on topic, what's the trick here?
Does one just change the categoy propery number in the Property Set?  Which numbers represent what?

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 October 15, 19:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As long as you make sure this loads after, you should be fine. Although it won't be buyable. You gotta earn 'em! They're not like some of those OTHER uniforms, which are just ordinary suits and jackets.

And renaming it to simarmyformal would be sufficient to do that? I don't care about the buyable work clothes (I just installed that in my quest to make uniforms a formal option for my military sims), but the wider clothing choices the rest of Motoki's hack gives is very nice.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 October 16, 02:19:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I redid my file to make the military clothes show up as formal too. Only took me about a minute to do. Just replace the old one with this one. Actually I will probably just put this version up in the thread too since it won't hurt anyone to have the military uniforms show up as formal I don't think.

Pescado's is still good if you don't want to cheat and want to earn the uniform. Normally I don't cheat but I like having the work and npc clothes buyable for assigning uniforms for businesses, although admittedly I don't see myself ever assigning military uniforms too business employees Wink

Oh and I didn't mess with the elder versions, but I made the adult versions available for adult, young adult and elders.

* Buyable Work and NPC Clothes.zip (2.92 KB - downloaded 124 times.)

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 October 16, 04:47:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think things need to be buyable to be assignable to employees as uniforms. I've seen all the NPC and career uniforms in there even though I don't have anything making them buyable.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 October 17, 02:00:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh really? Hmm, I didn't know that but I always had my file in place so I assumed that was what did that. Well ya' learn something new every day.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: