More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 18:54:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Walk don't run
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Walk don't run  (Read 4259 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Walk don't run
« on: 2006 September 30, 08:27:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did try a search first but got 36 pages back and I'm lazy...

Has anyone made a hack so that when you use "go here" the sim won't run unless you want him to?   I am testing out my new stairs and I need time to see if the sim is using the right place to start from.   Unfortunately every time I go into the lot they run for the first few times and I have to make them tired before they stop.

I would love a hack that made "go here" into two options- "walk here" and "run here" so I could choose.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Walk don't run
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 30, 08:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try multiple route points + manual navigation?

Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 30, 08:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well yeah I ended up getting him to the point where he wasn't running any more, but it's time consuming when you're testing something to have to play for ages first each time before the sim will test your object sensibly Cheesy

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 30, 08:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just thought that there's not much diff between two "Go Here"s and only one.  Tongue

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 30, 09:00:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that problem while trying to film a scene for a movie. I was trying to get a group of sims to WALK down the sidewalk. Instead, it was like a race to the finish. Not quite the look I was going for.

I finally discovered that, instead of saying "go here", if you tell them to go do something at the ending point, they will walk. I ended up having all sims go to "read the paper", so they would calmly walk toward the finish line ending point, where the newspaper was.
Inge
Senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 30, 09:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice tip, thanks!  I shall put an object upstairs for them to go and do.

In the meantime, consider the hack requested, if any hacker is reading this who has experience of the walk-style code.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 30, 10:43:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wouldn't it just be easier to make the sims involved lazy so that they don't run anywhere, regardless?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 October 02, 02:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All sims run if your "go here" point is far enough away, presumably to keep it from taking 3 hours to get there. If you're filming and thus the time scale of the game isn't an issue, I suppose this might be a problem. Then again, who actually walks anymore, anyway?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 October 02, 08:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the starting point wasn't that far away from the ending point, even from a sim's perspective. I was trying to get my sims to walk en masse, so I could make it look like they were strutting, too cool for words, yada yada yada, down the sidewalk toward the nightclub...so, even rendering the video clip at 20% of its original speed, it still looked pretty damn silly. Sims run with no expression on their faces, whatsoever. Hardly a "cool strut" look.  More like an "I have to pee like a russian racehorse, but only at 20% of the original speed" look.Tongue
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 October 02, 12:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally discovered that, instead of saying "go here", if you tell them to go do something at the ending point, they will walk. I ended up having all sims go to "read the paper", so they would calmly walk toward the finish line ending point, where the newspaper was.

See, I figured that out after I directed my sim to greet his gf, who was all the way on the other side of the large, estate-type lot. So he took like an hour, slowly strutting his stuff, to actually get to his gf. Now that was annoying.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 October 02, 13:26:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See, I figured that out after I directed my sim to greet his gf, who was all the way on the other side of the large, estate-type lot. So he took like an hour, slowly strutting his stuff, to actually get to his gf. Now that was annoying.

That's where teleporting comes in really handy. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 October 06, 19:09:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the starting point wasn't that far away from the ending point, even from a sim's perspective. I was trying to get my sims to walk en masse, so I could make it look like they were strutting, too cool for words, yada yada yada, down the sidewalk toward the nightclub...so, even rendering the video clip at 20% of its original speed, it still looked pretty damn silly. Sims run with no expression on their faces, whatsoever. Hardly a "cool strut" look.  More like an "I have to pee like a russian racehorse, but only at 20% of the original speed" look.Tongue

I just noticed Shaklin has something to give Sims different walks and facial expressions, for movies... I dunno, but that romance sim 'about to do a flirting interaction' walk is more of a strut, I guess... /random
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: