More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 21:20:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Weird Problem with Community Lots
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weird Problem with Community Lots  (Read 2620 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Weird Problem with Community Lots
« on: 2006 July 12, 00:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got this weird problem and I have no idea what causes it or how to get rid of it.  With the original Maxis-made downtown, it only happens on Bernard's Botanical Dining, but with my new custom-made downtown (mainly lots from the Stone Collection on MTS2), it's happening on nearly every lot.  It's not a graphics problem because it's happened on two totally different computers and, as I said, it's only the one lot on the original downtown.

What happens is that the action appears to be taking place beyond the lot insofar as if I right-click on my Sim, I will be taken way across the road - sometimes I can see my Sim in the distance, sometimes I can't see them at all.  While I'm way across the road I can hear all the conversations and sound effects, whereas if I am actually in the middle of the lot I can hear nothing, or very distant sounds.  For example, I can be totally up-close to a table where Sims are dining and hear nothing.  Also, if I move slightly to the right or left, I am taken right off the lot again and I appear to be sort of below the lot when I am close-up.  It's hard to explain, but it makes it very difficult to play these lots.  It's not just downtown lots incidentally, it can happen on any community lot, including in the main neighbourhood, but it never occurs on residential lots.

I do have the camera mod in (GunMod's, I think), so it's possible that might be causing it, but if anyone else has that in and doesn't get this, then it isn't! 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Weird Problem with Community Lots
« Reply #1 on: 2006 July 12, 12:36:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played with Gunmod's camera mod (and variations) for quite some time, and I've never seen that happen, so I don't think the camera mod is at fault.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 July 12, 16:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been useing the camera mod for quite sometime also and have not had any problems with it.
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 July 12, 16:54:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient I happen to have just created the downtown a few minutes ago would you like a copy of bernards to see if it is a corrupt lot on your side?

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 July 12, 21:42:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient I happen to have just created the downtown a few minutes ago would you like a copy of bernards to see if it is a corrupt lot on your side?

I doubt it would make any difference because I've installed Downtown several times and it's always like that.  I suppose the copy on my disc could be corrupt, but that wouldn't explain why these other lots are the same.  I suspect it probably has something to do with the terrain they're on, but I can't really move them very far as I'm using those very small terrains from MTS2 and there isn't much room for manouevre.  It's so hard to explain what the problem is, I don't think anyone will understand unless they've also experienced it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: