More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 20:32:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Relationship Oddity - Possible Problem?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Relationship Oddity - Possible Problem?  (Read 3294 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Relationship Oddity - Possible Problem?
« on: 2006 June 23, 19:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got a few Sims in a fraternity in University. Two of them are close to graduating, so I've been trying to push through and get them both out and into the real world. Last night I played for a few hours and had my system crash on me. I think that's a possible problem with my graphics card.

What's odd, though, is that when I started playing today, a couple of weird things happened. There are six sims in the frat. Two seniors, two juniors, and two Freshman. One of the juniors got a want to throw a toga party, so I decided to go for it. One of the friends in his list was Professor Vincent GilsCarbo. I said what the hell and invited him.

Well, the two seniors are a couple, so during the party, I sent them out to the hot tub to woohoo. All of a sudden, the Professor went freaking nuts. He ran out and started screaming about one of the seniors cheating on him. As far as I can tell, the sim he was accusing of cheating had JUST met him at that party. I never saw a flirt interaction, but I guess it could have happened and I missed it, but still. I thought that was odd.

Later on, the house was assaulted by the cow. She showed up and started annoying and coming on to everyone. She flirted with one of the two seniors, which caused the other half of the couple to understandably get upset. What's odd, though, is that in his memories, he refers to the cow as having cheated rather than his actual significant other. Is that normal and I never noticed it?

If things keep getting odd and the computer crashes keep coming, I may be asking for a bit more technical help. :x

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Relationship Oddity - Possible Problem?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 23, 21:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sounds like the professor was one of those dratted Drama professors. They're in love with everyone and you're in for a surreal time if you invite one over. Marrying or moving a drama professor is even worse. They seem to have the "in love with everyone" problem for the rest of their lives.  Shocked

Those cows are a pain in the rear too. I love it when the cheerleader shows up and beats the snot out of the cow. They'll flirt with your sims and cause all sorts of problems. I'm not sure why the sim has the memory of the cow cheating. Maybe it has to do with the cow initiating the flirting or some odd glitch. If you hate those cows as much as me you might want to give TwoJeffs' evil cow mascot trophy head a try.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 23, 22:20:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL... It WAS a drama professor too. I never realized that. Just thought it was some freak bug.

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 24, 00:44:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly drama profs!

I made the horrible mistake of having one of my sims marry one once.  That marriage lasted a record time of about 3 sim hours.  After she got done flinging herself into everybody at the wedding party arms....she got kicked to curb.  I had to work awful hard to repair the relationships that little whore destroyed.
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 24, 03:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cow thing is a common glitch.  It's happened to me, and I've read other people complaining about it.

You sim can have never met the cow, and will end up with a memory that the cow cheated on them.  It makes things confusing, to say the least.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 24, 03:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got that "cow cheated" thing yesterday, been a while since that happened and I'd forgotten all about it.  As for the drama profs, I LOVE 'EM.  I think I will try to get one of them married off to one of mine, should be an absolute riot, although they might get confused now I have TwoJeffs autonomous casual romance mod in.  Could throw them right off-course. 

The funniest thing is when you have both drama professors together at a party.  Tried that once (deliberately) and it was absolutely hilarious.  By the time my Sim finally graduated, both professors were in love with practically his entire family, including his granny, who was due to die about an hour after I next played her lot.  Priceless stuff.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 24, 03:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The cow thing is fixed by the romance mod. The cow still flirts, but when it's (almost invariably) rejected, Sims won't get upset at the person flirted with. They get upset with the cow. Who the heck gets upset at their boyfriend or girlfriend for rejecting flirtation with someone else, anyway?

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 24, 16:43:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While it's a little extreme, I don't really mind the one half of the couple getting mad at the other half when the cow flirts with them. In Real Life, catching someone flirting with your SO like that can throw a little uncertainty into the relationship. My problem is that the relationship kept going down every time the hussy cow did it.

I watched her ruin one fledgeling relationship, nearly ruin one really strong-since-teens relationship, and make all the nice sims cry. I swear she went on a rampage. It was honestly kinda funny to watch. The best part was after all of that, the cheerleader came over and beat her up.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: