More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 06:05:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Promotions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Promotions  (Read 7081 times)
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Promotions
« on: 2006 May 11, 12:10:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In Sims 1 I had a hack that would prevent job promotions even if you had the skills, friends, etc. required.  It came in handy the way I played.  Now we have the teenage/elder jobs which are nice, but only available to teenagers and elders.  I'm betting someone has made it possible for others to obtain those jobs.  Anyone point me in the right direction?  I would also love something so when my Sim gets to Science Teacher they could stay there forever(for example).  Anyone know of such a hack?  Thanks.
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
Re: Promotions
« Reply #1 on: 2006 May 11, 21:42:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know Monique's computer does a lot with careers ( http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=64137 ) but I'm not sure it'll do what you're wanting.  I remember the Sims1 hack but can't remember who made it.  Was it one of the Needful Things Yahoo groups? 

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 May 12, 05:07:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Pescado made a hack so elder could get adult job even if they were created in CAS or if they quit for some reason after they become elder but I am not quite sure this is what you are looking for.

If so anyhow, it is part of the director's cut and it is call noagediscrimination.  Elder will have access to adult jobs by using the computer only, if you use the newspaper they will have the same lazy jobs.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 May 12, 05:14:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen a discussion about such a hack before, and the eventual answer was basically just "why don't you avoid advancing one of their required skills?". You could also use a mood hack to send them off to work cranky -- that isn't any more of a hassle than using a mood hack to send them off to work cheerful when you want a promotion.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
speedreader
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 May 14, 05:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen a discussion about such a hack before, and the eventual answer was basically just "why don't you avoid advancing one of their required skills?". You could also use a mood hack to send them off to work cranky -- that isn't any more of a hassle than using a mood hack to send them off to work cheerful when you want a promotion.

Let's say I want my Sim mom with a couple of school-age children to work during the day while they are in school.  It is important that her job be hours between 9 and 3 and no weekends.  Record Store Clerk in the Slacker career track looks good.  Unfortunately advancing to the next level only requires 1 creativity, 3 mechanical and 2 charisma.  Unless I don't buy my toddlers any toys, most of my Sims are going to already have the creativity and charisma before they even enter childhood. That is just one example of why it doesn't work to avoid advancing a required skill.  And I am one of those weirdos who doesn't play with mods like mood hacks - just not my cup of tea.

Thanks for the thought, though.
Xuriel
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 May 14, 05:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't remember seeing any hacks that enable adults to have the teen/elder careers, usually it's the other way around.

I gave up trying to have Sims not getting promoted to keep a preferred job schedule. Since I never use nannies (even lobotomized ones) I usually keep a stay-at-home adult in my families with children and let them work at home as artists or writers instead of an outside job, that pays more than the Record Store Clerk on average. Now that I have OFB some have started small home businesses.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 May 14, 07:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Let's say I want my Sim mom with a couple of school-age children to work during the day while they are in school.  It is important that her job be hours between 9 and 3 and no weekends.  Record Store Clerk in the Slacker career track looks good.  Unfortunately advancing to the next level only requires 1 creativity, 3 mechanical and 2 charisma.  Unless I don't buy my toddlers any toys, most of my Sims are going to already have the creativity and charisma before they even enter childhood. That is just one example of why it doesn't work to avoid advancing a required skill.  And I am one of those weirdos who doesn't play with mods like mood hacks - just not my cup of tea.
If you have the ss-hack, the SS won't go ridiculously ballistic just because you let a kid be home for an hour or two. This frees up your options considerably. Because, frankly, a kid that age that can't handle being alone for an hour or two is mentally incompetent and should be put down for his own good.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 May 15, 01:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because, frankly, a kid that age that can't handle being alone for an hour or two is mentally incompetent and should be put down for his own good.

Ain't that the truth! My very first family with sims2 had twins boys. I had no idea how to play and actually had to work to get them up to schoolage reasonably (didn't even know about smart milk). They make it to schoolage. A few days later mom gets promoted and now she gets home an hour after they do. And the lack of smart milk in their toddlerhood immediately becomes apparent as the social worker walks off with 'em just as mom drives up. I was very annoyed at the game - 10 year old kids can't stay home by themselves for an hour? But decided it was the best thing for all of us. :p

Unsouper
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 May 15, 13:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the ss-hack, the SS won't go ridiculously ballistic just because you let a kid be home for an hour or two. This frees up your options considerably. Because, frankly, a kid that age that can't handle being alone for an hour or two is mentally incompetent and should be put down for his own good.

The sshack saved one of my sim kids while I was playing last night -- stupid nanny didn't show up when the kid got home from school, so she was alone for an hour until both parents got back. That nanny's butt is toast next time she shows up -- I foresee another tombstone in the community graveyard. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 May 15, 13:49:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sshack saved one of my sim kids while I was playing last night -- stupid nanny didn't show up when the kid got home from school, so she was alone for an hour until both parents got back. That nanny's butt is toast next time she shows up -- I foresee another tombstone in the community graveyard. Smiley

Did your Sim got promoted by any chance that day?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 May 15, 15:05:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why yes, now that I think about it.  Is that a common bug?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 15, 19:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why yes, now that I think about it.  Is that a common bug?

I am a good observer.  This is one other thing that bugs me and wonder if it can be fix or not.

I notice from time to time that when the Sim you scheduled the nanny with get a promotion and start working in new hours, somehow the nanny knows about it BEFORE you come back from work and actually have your promotion, this is why she is leaving early.

So let's say your Sim is working from 9 to 3 but it gets a promotion that day and now will work from 8 to 2, the nanny will leave automatically at 2 eventhough you did not come back from work yet and actually got that promotion. 

Another example that bugs me... Sims works from 9 am to 3pm, get a promotion and will work from 8pm to 2am.  When the Sim come back the nanny does not leave since she is set without us knowing it to the new hours.  So you have to send her home manually.  Now the thing is that it is Thursday that you got your promotion and you don't work that day with the new schedule.  The nanny does not care and will show up again at 7pm the hour that your Sim would have normally been pick-up for work (so she was there 2 times in the same day).  So again, you have to send her home manually.

At midnight or at 6am everything is reset so the nanny will come at the new hours but the next time you have promotion, it will be screwed up for a day.

If someone can fix this, I will be more than happy.
« Last Edit: 2006 May 15, 19:20:20 by MissDoh » Logged
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 15, 19:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oiy!
I thought that I was imagining things....it happens in other games, it really does! *does happy dance* I'm not alone! I'm not alone!
--ahem--
I second MissDoh's request for a fix.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 15, 19:23:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oiy!
I thought that I was imagining things....it happens in other games, it really does! *does happy dance* I'm not alone! I'm not alone!
--ahem--
I second MissDoh's request for a fix.

Lol Elf, no you were not crazy  Tongue

It is not the 1st time I mention this but I took the time to explain with more details this time.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 15, 19:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So let's say your Sim is working from 9 to 3 but it gets a promotion that day and now will work from 8 to 2, the nanny will leave automatically at 2 eventhough you did not come back from work yet and actually got that promotion. 

Ah, yes, so that's what happened.  The sim in question was working 9 - 4 (business career), and got a promotion that day that changed his hours to 8 - 3.  Since the nanny "knows" these things, she didn't show up at 3 when the kid came home from school, and the parent didn't actually get home until 4. At that point the promotion dialog kicked in. Without the sshack, I'm guessing the kid would have been gone (or going) by that time...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 15, 20:02:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

An hour without a nanny is ok, the SW will not come (well she does not in my game and I don't have the ss mod).  But leave it alone for more than an hour and for sure the SW will come.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 15, 20:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, since I've never had a kid actually taken away by the SSW, I don't know the exact timing. Smiley  But the "It's not a good idea..." warning did pop up when the kid got home, so I was guessing it would be a problem. How long does it usually take for the SSW to show up?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 May 15, 20:09:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the pop-up does not appear at 4:00 pm exactly I think it is around 4:13pm.  The game will check again an hour later from the pop-up time if a responsible Sim (hum-hum) has arrived on the lot since the warning, if so, you won't have problem, if not, expect the SW within the next hour.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 2006 May 15, 20:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was grateful that I did have the SS hack the other day. Damn cow plant ate the nanny and I didn't notice until it got dark and I realised there was wasn't a cake candle flame burning out in the back yard. Jr was home alone for nearly two hours. Stupid nanny.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 May 15, 22:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That social worker that first time honestly showed up within an hour. I got the "it's a bad idea" message right as the kids got home from school (um, and ok, remember this is first time I'd played a child in sims2 - I was too dumb to have one of them call the nanny) and the mother who's worked time was 1 hour later showed up at exactly the same time as the SS - right at an hour after the message. The mother was really on the lot in plenty of time, but the game had already kicked in the "you're losing this kid" thing and she couldn't do anything but watch (and cry a lot).

Unsouper
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: