More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 29, 00:49:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  I'm sorry, honey, the magic is gone
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: I'm sorry, honey, the magic is gone  (Read 8460 times)
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
I'm sorry, honey, the magic is gone
« on: 2005 October 09, 23:15:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, my sims no longer get fireworks when they woohoo.  Is this a NL design issue or a bug I need to ferret out?  BTW, I have no idea what was still causing that blank icon bug, but it's not happening any more even though I've upgraded some sims.  Huh. 

Also, the woohoo in the photo booth is very short!  Only a couple seconds.... not even long enough for the other folks on the lot to gather and shout.  Again... a NL design issue?  Or a glitch/bug?

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: I'm sorry, honey, the magic is gone
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 09, 23:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a problem with no fireworks appearing on one of the 4-poster beds.  I'm assuming it was because of the specific bed, but I watched fireworks the other night in one of the 4-posters.  I hate to admit this, but I'm not even sure how many 4-poster beds there are! Smiley

I think the problem I had was around the time Uni was released and was probably the cheapest 4-poster.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 10, 00:09:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't had a problem with fireworks in any of the beds, but I don't have NL.  However, nearly all my Uni gay male Romance sims seem to get the Special Event camera every single time they woohoo in the hot tub, even though it's the same partner every time!  so my question is, does a University education improve sims' lovelife? Wink

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 10, 00:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a problem with no fireworks appearing on one of the 4-poster beds.  I'm assuming it was because of the specific bed, but I watched fireworks the other night in one of the 4-posters.  I hate to admit this, but I'm not even sure how many 4-poster beds there are! Smiley

I think the problem I had was around the time Uni was released and was probably the cheapest 4-poster.

Hook

It's not just in the beds.  It's on community lots, hot tubs, everywhere.  No fireworks.  The magic is gone.   Undecided  And I don't get the option ever to woohoo in the car on a community lot either.  I'm off to search this board and see if anyone has the solution yet, cuz I've read about other people having that problem.  My sims can woohoo fine in the driveway at home, but that's not very exciting.   Wink

C

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 10, 00:57:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to get a legacy heir pregnant, and after 3 or 4 try for baby's in a row the fireworks stopped appearing.  I think they were getting fed up with me.  In fact, I don't think they were even trying that hard. Roll Eyes

<insert witty comment here>
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 10, 01:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was trying to get a legacy heir pregnant, and after 3 or 4 try for baby's in a row the fireworks stopped appearing.  I think they were getting fed up with me.  In fact, I don't think they were even trying that hard. Roll Eyes

Do you think in NL the fireworks are chemistry related?  I haven't seen anything that said that specifically, but I'm starting to wonder.

C

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 10, 06:43:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was about to say the same.  Since NL I have seen more variety in the lovemaking.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 10, 06:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since you install NL did you check your graphic settings?  After installing I notice the game set everything at the lowest rate so we need to set them up higher by ouselves. "This is normal when we install an expasion pack so the 1st time we start it, it runs smooth" (this is in other words what MaxoidTom said in another post).  So if your graphic setting for "graphics effects" is set to low I think it could be the reason why you don't see fireworks anymore.

If you did set them up higher already sorry, it is the only thing that pop-up to my mind.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 10, 07:14:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I've only had one couple woo-hoo in bed since installing NL, but they had fireworks.  This was an elderly couple.  The guy went to relax on the bed less than an hour before he was due to meet the Reaper, so I thought "Why not" ... he's currently asleep and overdue for his meeting.  They do have lightning bolts, though.  At the time of woo-hooing they had two, although for some reason it keeps changing to 1 and back again.  No idea why because neither of them have 'transient' wants (stink, etc.).

Don't recall seeing fireworks with the car or photobooth, but they probably don't happen with those.  Most of my couples woo-hoo in cars now since NL.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 10, 17:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Along the same lines - has anyone noticed a different cinematic in NL when a couple "makes out" in the hot tub? I don't ever remember them standing up when making out - is that new?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 10, 19:17:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Must be, I've never seen it and I don't have NL yet!

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 10, 19:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to tack on my experience so far:  I have base game and NL and my sims still have fireworks.  Granted, I don't have sims with all the different beds--the current sims have user-made beds.

I only had one pair of sims woohoo in a car and I don't remember whether there were fireworks or not.  I can try that again, though and see.

So far the sims I'm playing all have at least two lightning bolts for their partners with the majority having four.

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 10, 19:26:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sims I was playing were, as I said, me and my hubby, which in real life have FOUR lightening bolts, but in the game have only one each.   Undecided  But I wonder if that's why there weren't fireworks.  I'm going to try with my grandson on his wedding night -- he and his bride have three for each other right now.

C

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 10, 19:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does your grandson know you're experimenting with his sex-life? Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 10, 19:34:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does your grandson know you're experimenting with his sex-life? Grin

No, not yet.   Grin  I'm interested to see how the children turn out too.  My son married a beautiful alien woman -- the prettiest sim I ever made, I think.  Their son looked totally dorky as a child and teen, but when he turned YA, Yowza!  And he is engaged to Darren Dreamer's alien daughter by abduction.  So I'll get me some green grandbabies at least.   Wink  I"m also a very controlling mother in law, having a romance sim daughter in law that I keep quite a tight rein on.  LOL.

C

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 10, 19:49:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd find it difficult to play my own family (not many left now anyhow) but the lad next door who sometimes comes to play on my laptop seems to only play his own family and friends!

Zephyr Zodiac
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 10, 19:55:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sims I was playing were, as I said, me and my hubby, which in real life have FOUR lightening bolts, but in the game have only one each.   

Just LOL at this!  I should make my hubby and myself and see how many lightning bolts we have for each other.  I'd say in RL I have three for him:  his aspiration, personality and hair color (looks-wise it's a lot like TS2--they don't care what the sim they're attracted to look like, as long as they have traits that match their likes, LOL, [and it would be so cool if baldness could be a turn-on/off in TS2 but I'm digressing (after all, baldness would have to be different than just a hairstyle)!] and my sweet hubby looks like a combination of a leprechaun, a Ferengi and Harrison Ford!).  Oh, shoot!  I almost forgot!  He recently started re-growing his beard, so that'd make four lightning bolts for him! LOL  At any rate, I still haven't figured out how many LB's hubby would have for me, probably four, considering there's the main qualification: I'm female! LOL

At any rate, I completely forgot what I was thinking of saying but that's what happens when I ramble!  

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 11, 04:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the lack of fireworks is due to chemistry --I had a Romance sim that woohooed a sim that repulsed him and there were fireworks.  I would guess-graphics or some thing is conflicting.  It is funny that people don't remember them standing up while making out,because I was wondering why they no longer stood up and the make out was so much shorter.  Then all of a sudden it was longer again.  I think maybe a romance mod extended it or something.  Because it was after I reinstalled my hacks.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 11, 06:03:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think the lack of fireworks is due to chemistry --I had a Romance sim that woohooed a sim that repulsed him and there were fireworks.  I would guess-graphics or some thing is conflicting.  It is funny that people don't remember them standing up while making out,because I was wondering why they no longer stood up and the make out was so much shorter.  Then all of a sudden it was longer again.  I think maybe a romance mod extended it or something.  Because it was after I reinstalled my hacks.

I was wondering if it was a change in NL or a mod I installed that made the water clear (and able to see more of what was going on). Maybe I didn't notice it before because between the blur and the cloudy water (and now I have neither) I didn't see much.

Can anyone clear this up for me:  I thought that animations for the game haven't been cracked, so all the animations we see are Maxis made. A mod may use an animation differently then Maxis designed it  (like using an animation for a newly created object) but there are NO user created animations.  Is this correct or am I misstating what is capable of being modded at this time?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 11, 06:39:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I haven't seen any new animations, and it tends to annoy me when you get a tiny bookcase and the sims still put the books back on the (invisible) top shelf!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: