More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 20:53:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does anyone know of a reason that the SS abduction doesn't work?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know of a reason that the SS abduction doesn't work?  (Read 2817 times)
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Does anyone know of a reason that the SS abduction doesn't work?
« on: 2006 March 24, 03:44:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the SS tried every night, for 5 or 6 nights, to abduct my sim.  they came, did the silly chicken dance thing, poked her, cuffed her, then drove her in the limo.  The loading screen happened, then she was back at the dorm, and not in the SS. (she has since graduated, so she can't get in now)

Is there a known bug, or is it just a random thing the I am lucky to get in my game?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Does anyone know of a reason that the SS abduction doesn't work?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 24, 06:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had  yesterday 2 abductions (on two different bights). It worked fine, except the return to home - two Limos and a taxi arrived back with the sim.

If you have "carpoolfix" hack, delete it. OFB does a lot of "troubles" with this hack: sims can't get into cars to go to the community lots, and to work. May be this is the cause.

Anyway, it's some hack's clash, not the performance of the abduction.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 24, 15:02:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know -- I have 'carpoolfix' in my game, and haven't had any problems with OFB and going to work/community lots, either in the car pool or the sim's own car.  Haven't had any SS abductions lately, so I don't know if that's bugged, but there's no problems with that hack and OFB that I can see.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 24, 18:17:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember somebody had a limo problem with the SS abduction... here, see if you could find anything relevant.

I liked the secret handshake, but can't really stand everything grinding to a halt when the SS comes and having to sit through loading screens (my sims can visit the lot when I feel like it Tongue), so I've been using TJ's 'No More Secret Abductions'. You should really consider checking it out if you aren't already using it. Grin
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 24, 20:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had 20 students abducted with no problem,then one night stupid Hermia decided to play the computer during those few seconds when the limo pulled up and the abduction was botched.  The next night, I forgot to move the car(it is street parked)and the limo came right before 12 am(late)and when I went to the SS loading screen,it hung and I had to shut off the computer.  Ever since,the lot seems to be corrupted.  I artificially put everyone that qualifies in the SS with the InSIMinator so the limo won't come.  I really don't care about the SS but it does give you something to work for.
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 25, 14:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That thread covers what happened, exactly.  I'm not going to bother her with the SS now, because she has moved back home, but at least now I know I can use "testingcheatsenabled" to "fix" it.

It's a campus I made, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.  I DID place a SS house, it was the first thing I did.  No carpool hack, so that can't be it.

Thanks for helping me out
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: