More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 06:44:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How about a daycare service?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How about a daycare service?  (Read 2584 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
How about a daycare service?
« on: 2006 March 12, 23:32:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With Inge's teleporter shrub, and all-in-one nannies for extra help, I think I can have an adult or teen open a daycare service (start with a home business first) for neighborhood toddlers and children. I know children will walk home, but do toddlers walk (or rather, crawl) off the lot? I intend to open from 8 to 6, charge $15 per hour per child, by way of "kaching" at the end of the day. If I need to hire all-in-one nannies, I will set "salary on". Also sell toys to children. They buy, do they?

What do you think?

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Re: How about a daycare service?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 13, 01:06:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know whether your idea will work but I can tell you that toddlers will crawl off the lot (I've had them as visitors using (I think) Inge's summoning shrub).  The problem with visiting toddlers (and maybe the reason they're not allowed to visit community lots) is that they can't navigate stairs on their own.  They have to be carried up and down.  So, I'd suggest you'd need to design the lot with that in mind - make sure it's all navigable by toddlers and/or that there's nowhere they can get stuck (upstairs or on a deck) and unable to leave.

Inteen for AL, yay!
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 13, 02:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know, you might look into Inge's school system, because using those tokens creatively, I bet you can do this without a problem. That is my guess.

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 13, 21:07:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First day of daycare service

I set up a home business, with a pregnant mom and her teen daughter. I used Inge's school system, and assigned child pupils, all 24 of them from three neighborhoods (main, downtown, and Bluewater). I kept toddlers in mind so designed a ground level house. But I didn't teleport toddlers yet. I put in the time machine, it automatically charges $40 (I always thought the automatic price is based on how much entertainment you have on the lot, but this house has nothing, other than 6 or so teddy bears), but I set it to $10 because they are children.  Smiley

When I first assigned the children, some of them walk to the timer to "sign up", but most of them couldn't move and the message pops up saying "you have to sign up, blah blah...". So I make them sign up.  Signing up 24 really takes some time  Sad Then I "started school", all 24 thumbnails were added to my family, so I can control them. Children everywhere, eating, running, talking, dancing, playing, skilling up, some adults signed up too, some of them are the parents of the children, and they would interact with their own children, like visiting parents  Smiley

After the first day, they all lost one grade for missing the school, that's because I forgot to change them to flexi school. Some of them has F  Shocked, I don't want social workers to take them. So I changed them to flexi shool and hope it will be alright. I will also have them to do homework to raise their grades. After the 24 children situation is stablized, I will start to enroll toddlers  Grin

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
JadeEliott
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 13, 22:14:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am glad you had luck with that! Good job!

~The Isle of Thyme~
http://www.isleofthyme.net

The Isle of Thyme Succinctly Summed Up by ZiggyDoodle:
Exquisite.  Simply exquisite (but not at all simple!).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: