More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 05, 11:06:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  buy mode corrupted
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: buy mode corrupted  (Read 2954 times)
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
buy mode corrupted
« on: 2006 March 09, 14:56:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this problem on a greek house lot in uni. It started before OFB. After a bit of playing in the lot, the buy mode catalogue listed by object type becomes empty. I can still buy objects by room type or from collections, but I hardly never use them so I am very used to the object type catalogue. In addition, sims are unable to enter or leave the bathrooms themselves, although there are doors and everything, I have to go to buy mode to put them in the bath or out of it.

The household has been around for quite a while, it's the only house I play at Uni so it's where all my YA sims go and has had a few generations of sims. Recently, I moved the household to a new lot because I thought maybe the old one was corrupted but it didn't really help. Any suggestions?

notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
Re: buy mode corrupted
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 09, 15:06:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had that happen once, too. I can't, for the life of me, remember how I fixed it...

Possibly by using the Eyedropper tool on a buy-mode object that had been placed in the lot already?

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 09, 15:08:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I can tell, it's not actually a big deal. Use the eyedropper tool on a household item, such as a chair, and the regular buy catalogue shouldl be there again. If it isn't, then you really DO have a problem!

Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 09, 15:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, the eyedropper tool worked, of course. I just wonder for how long.

But the door thing is still annoying, it makes the lot unplayable. It seems to affect all doors on the lot, not just bathrooms. The sims get these blocked path -bubbles. I have tried different types and locations of doors, they just won't pass through them and every task I queue for them in a different room just vanishes.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 09, 15:24:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem will probably happen again - just use the eyedropper again. I don't know why the catalogue does that but it doesn't seem to actually hurt anything.

The door thing is weird. I seem to remember reading about something similar but I can't recall what for the life of me.  Undecided

Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 09, 15:33:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of the catalogue, does anyone else get this when you e.g. look through all acquaintances of a sim in the relationship panel and if the sim knows many others there are these arrows to go further right or left. Often, when I click the left arrow to see the sims my sim has the best relationship with, the thing skips that page and jumps directly to the last page with the sims with the least relationship points. That's probably not dangerous either, but very annoying.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: