More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 06:28:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sim2DB version 1.01 is now available!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sim2DB version 1.01 is now available!  (Read 6186 times)
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Sim2DB version 1.01 is now available!
« on: 2006 February 13, 20:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now Available on Videocasette:

For anyone here that's new, this is a database that keeps track of information about your Sims. You can also read more in this post.

Please go to www.sims2db.com to download, or if you're curious and want more information.
If you want to know what's new, please read the release notes. (I used to be a technical writer, so I'm always pushing RTFM.) 

Thanks to all the pre-release testers - Kyna, Carla, ldms, SIMplyLisa, mzskandelouslala, bubbs72, Bromd, Strlght, katemonster, Jorenne, radiophonic, clem, and everyone else!
« Last Edit: 2006 February 14, 16:52:35 by Pegasys » Logged

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
gethane
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile WWW
Re: Sim2DB version 1.0 is now available!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 14, 03:41:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

good stuff! I just tried it! Works just as the directions describe.

Gethane Sims
Maxis only lots, neighborhood terrains, and more!
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 14, 04:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only had a brief chance to try out the test version and was having trouble with importing Pleasantview and Aridia (my Challenge neighbourhood) from SimPE (while the character data text appeared in the SimPE output, when it imported into the db, it just had a few random bits of data showing up - not even names appeared) Huh

I'll try it out with this one and see if I can't figure out what I was doing wrong.

<insert witty comment here>
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 14, 04:41:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Vecki,

Check that you have the most recent version of SimPE and that you've set the preferences to create a .CSV file. Details in the help files.

vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 14, 05:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was and it was. (I dl'd SimPE about 4 days ago)

I'll redownload SimPe and I just downloaded the latest DB though just in case...

<insert witty comment here>
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 14, 06:58:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Please feel free to post over in the support forum if you're still having problems.

Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
Re: Sim2DB version 1.01 is now available!
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 14, 16:55:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happy Valentine's Day,

I had inadvertently made a change in version 1.0  that effected the ability to resize or reposition columns in the List view. I know I can't live without that feature. It's been fixed and the database is now up as Version 1.01. Recommending everyone use version 1.01 instead.

Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 16, 04:15:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the same problem-no information gets imported at all.  I have the latest SimPe and I followed all directions.  Ill wait until the next SimPe update to try again.  I have the English Version  of SimPe.  And its not that there is 0 sims found.  I have records with no information except the neighborhood.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 16, 04:24:49 by StarrKist » Logged

ISFJ
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 16, 04:51:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You shouldn't need another SimPE update. I will speculate that what is happening is that the preference for Report format in SimPE needs to be set to "CSV." (Someone else today had the same problem and that was their fix.)  In SimPE, under the Extra menu, select Preferences; in the SimPE settings, change the Report Format from Descriptive to CSV.

Dea
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 16, 05:10:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was just coming back to post that just in case it happened to someone else. A light bulb went off when I posted that reply.  I thought hey I need to go check to see if i changed the settings.  I dont know why I didnt think of that before.    And it imported more than I thought it would...  Thanks a million I love this program...
« Last Edit: 2006 February 16, 05:16:02 by StarrKist » Logged

ISFJ
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 18, 01:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried this.  Pretty cool, even if I had to update SimPE.

However, thought I would let you know it doesn't work really well with the base game.  First time I tried it was at work where I have only the base game installed.  A lot of the fields were missing.  Just thought I'd let you know, although it's not something I personally want you to fix. 

Works great with NL though.  I think this will be useful to me, especially since you can't launch SimPE when the game is running (well you can but you got to click on a million errors, it's a pain).

One suggestion I would like to make however.  I'd like to have a report on traits.  this way you could easily identify who is wearing a custom hair, or has custom eyes, or custom skin.  Pretty useful if you decide you want to get rid of a skin and replace it with another.

All in all a nifty tool. Thanks for sharing it with us!
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 18, 02:32:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which fields were missing?

I have tried this out on a couple of neighborhood files from a base game, and it worked fine. However, this was a neighborhood file from several months ago on an unpatched game. I have not tested it out on a recently-patched base game. Is your base game patched?

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 18, 02:38:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was afraid you'd ask what Smiley

I don't remember really, I'll have to check at work and report back.  I remember that most of the middle fields were empty.  The version I have installed at work is the base game with no patches.  I think.    I meant to install the whole thing and ran out of time and never finished. 

At home I have all EP's and all patches, except the last.  It works fine.

I'll check it out on Monday and report back, if you want.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 18, 03:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several of the middle fields are EP-related, such as major, turn-on, turn-offs, vampire, etc. However if you found fields that are not EP-related that were missing, please do let me know. Also I think one of the neighborhoods is known to have missing genetic information (Strangetown, I think?)

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 18, 03:15:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both Strangetown & Veronaville have missing strings - I wouldn't even play them as births were so weird until Baratron posted in Peasantry about fixing the sims' dna
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 20, 20:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okie, since I'm back at work, I could check up on my earlier report.  I am using just the base game, totally upatched.  The description file was created by the lastest version of SimPE.

As you can see the last name and first name is listed as "unknown".  However if you open the sim, the aspiration seems to be there.  So the sim was found, but the name was not recognized.

If this is a weird fluke that happens only to me, don't worry about it.  I was only trying it out here.  It's working fine at home, and that's the only place that counts.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 20, 21:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angelyne,

It's clear that SimPE is not creating the description file in the same format; actually it looks like the Description file is practically empty. Can you send me the Description file you created from SimPE for your base game? The other question I have is, have you actually played the neighborhood yet? I seem to have a vague memory that before the neighborhood is actually played some of the fields might be missing, although I could be wrong about this.

I went and tested this with a few neighborhood files that were pre-EP and it still worked so I don't think problem is purely that it's a base game. There's something else going on here.

Finally I will assume you have gone into the SimPE preferences and set the Report Format to CSV (instead of Descriptive)?

Edited to add: Even though I don't have the base game I tried creating a brand two new neighborhoods and not playing them, and seeing if they would show up different in SimPE. For the first empty neighbhorhood, when I first clicked on Sim Description on the left under Resources, all the Sims showed as Unknown. But then when I clicked on something else and clicked on Sim Description again, they should up with their names (the townies/NPCs). I tried this with a second empty neighborhood but the names showed up right away. So I don't know.
« Last Edit: 2006 February 20, 21:21:29 by Pegasys » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: