More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 13:31:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is this possible? Someone want to try?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is this possible? Someone want to try?  (Read 5007 times)
kytyngurl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Is this possible? Someone want to try?
« on: 2006 January 24, 22:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lately, I've been greatly enjoying Inge's morgage shrubs and the cheat-free flexibility they add to the game... They got me to thinking. Why not have even more options when it comes to payments and property value? Or rather, does anyone feel tempted to code up an object that adds such options or can give me info on how to do it or where to find info on how to do it?

I have this in mind:

I have ghetto lots that look disgusting and are in the 'bad part' of town. The game treats them as expensive lots though, since they are large despite their crummy nature. Ditto for haunted houses. Shouldn't these be worth less? It doesn't seem right to have 'rich' poor families! Or rather property value decided soley by size. It doesn't always work that way in RL. So, how about an object that devalues the lot somehow but without the 'interest' payments Inge's shrubs add.

Also, it'd be nice to set a 'rent' amount per day w/o having to take a loan out. Might eat up some of the extra funds any established family finds itself with.

And, of course, having more options for loan amounts and interest payments would be cool. For all the above. Though using extra shrubs solve that problem nicely! Cheesy

So, what does everyone (anyone?) think?

And before I forget, and since I know she lurks here: THANK YOU SO MUCH INGE, FOR THOSE GREAT SHRUBS.

Thanks!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Is this possible? Someone want to try?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 25, 01:30:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can really grody looking wallpapers have a negative cost and environment score?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 25, 02:14:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I had a thought as on haunted houses.  When sims die, the price is lowered.  So, kill a lot of sims over timne, and low cost!  Right?

I suppose grody wallpaper could have a negative cost and environment.
kytyngurl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 25, 02:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can really grody looking wallpapers have a negative cost and environment score?

Can they? Cheesy Because they should!

I'd love for the burned out car wreck, weeds, tires, broken bathroom stuff and other disgusting things I've downloaded for my ghettos to do that....

*eyes SimPE*
kytyngurl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 25, 03:00:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I had a thought as on haunted houses.  When sims die, the price is lowered.  So, kill a lot of sims over timne, and low cost!  Right?

I suppose grody wallpaper could have a negative cost and environment.

Whoa, learn something new every day!

Thank you! Smiley
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 25, 04:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This reminds me of an article I saw recently on "murder houses." Some people think real estate agents should disclose if a horrific crime has taken place in a house, and that the price should be adjusted accordingly. I don't believe in the poltergeist thing, so I feel like I wouldn't want to know. Although, if it could get me a discount....

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 25, 15:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kytyngirl, where did you get the weeds?

kytyngurl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 25, 16:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kytyngirl, where did you get the weeds?

Cyclonesue at TSR. She's got a lot of 'nice' ghetto stuff.

Note, they don't look like the weeds that pop up on Sims' lawns if you don't garden. These weeds look like slightly-tall green grass.
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 25, 19:53:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've read that the Bamboo wallpaper is supposed to have a bad effect on the environment score, not sure how much and if it's intentional or not. Never tested myself, either.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
PlaidSquirrel
Juvenile Jackass

It Burns

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 25, 20:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This reminds me of an article I saw recently on "murder houses." Some people think real estate agents should disclose if a horrific crime has taken place in a house, and that the price should be adjusted accordingly. I don't believe in the poltergeist thing, so I feel like I wouldn't want to know. Although, if it could get me a discount....

I'm not sure where you are or what country but I thought in the U.S. it was a law that they do have to tell you. Not sure if you have to ask or if they have to volunteer the info though. I'm sure in some cases it does have an effect on the cost of the home.

I can definitely say that I Would want to know because how awful would it be to find out After you bought the house. That would just be too creepy even though I don't really belive in ghosts either. Because I Do believe in my ability to be silly and stupid about things at the most inconvenient/unexpected times.

As to the rent/lowered value thing I'm interested in something like that too but figure the loan shrubs do it well enough. I guess if you just always pay the fees and never pay off the loan that is like paying rent. My download folder is full enough already.
(note that that won't stop me from dl a hundred more things if I like them. lol)

"For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?" Jane Austen
"If you're going to wash your hands of it, use soap. Otherwise you're just moving the dirt around." Myself
"...You're fucked up, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded." Idiocracy
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 25, 20:39:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found the environment score on flooring and wallpaper is tied to how much it costs. If you apply low cost or free wallpaper etc and flooring to an otherwise high priced room (full of high environment items) the environment score will be lower than if you had used moderately priced or expensive wallpaper and flooring. I have seen this time and again with legacy families when all I do is add flooring to an empty room and the environment score raises or conversely not putting in flooring yet adding furniture etc - the score stays low. I have to assume that total value of all items in and around the home has an effect on its total environment score or on a room by room basis as well as the price of bills etc.

So for a lower property value one could deduce that you would simply fill it with the cheapest items including free or cheap wall coverings and floors.
kytyngurl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 25, 21:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure where you are or what country but I thought in the U.S. it was a law that they do have to tell you. Not sure if you have to ask or if they have to volunteer the info though. I'm sure in some cases it does have an effect on the cost of the home.

I can definitely say that I Would want to know because how awful would it be to find out After you bought the house. That would just be too creepy even though I don't really belive in ghosts either. Because I Do believe in my ability to be silly and stupid about things at the most inconvenient/unexpected times.

As to the rent/lowered value thing I'm interested in something like that too but figure the loan shrubs do it well enough. I guess if you just always pay the fees and never pay off the loan that is like paying rent. My download folder is full enough already.
(note that that won't stop me from dl a hundred more things if I like them. lol)

That's true enough...

Still would love to have something that reduces the price of the lot by 50,000-100,000... like the loan shrubs do... but without the whole morgage/rent/interest thing attached to it.

Wouldn't having an item worth negative money do that? *ponders*
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: