More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 13:16:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone experiencing a lot of alien births in Strangetown!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone experiencing a lot of alien births in Strangetown!  (Read 6330 times)
lowlucious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Anyone experiencing a lot of alien births in Strangetown!
« on: 2005 November 18, 20:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that after NL my strangetown has become an alien town. Every alien is having alien births even Johnny's wife Ophliea (spelling). I know that alien skin is supposed to be so recessive but now Stella, Johnny, and Lola are all having alien babies when before NL you could not get any alien to have any alien babies.  And can someone help me with SimPe I would like to make a few of my favorite sims from strangtown and pleastantview and put them in my own created neighborhoods.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: Anyone experiencing a lot of alien births in Strangetown!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 18, 20:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had more abductions post-NL than before.  I had two naturals in all the time I had TS2, then just after getting NL I've had two abductions.  It could be coincidence, but it seems a little weird.

As for putting your favorite sims into another neighborhood, here's my method:

Open SimPE, go to Tools>Neighborhood Browser and open the neighborhood in which those sims are in.  Next, you'll go to Tools>SimSurgery.  After that loads, over on the left is a bar with the thumbnails of all the sims in that neighborhood (with the exception of Pollination Technician, Grim Reaper, so on and so forth).

Click on the sim you want, then over on the right the screen is divided into top and bottom.  When you click on a sim their thumbnail should go on the top half of that screen and just below that is a clickable 'use' or some such.  Click on that.  Next, click on 'export', at which point you'll be given a file name to save this sim's genetics into your Saved Sims directory.  I don't use the default filenames, but give them something like their first and last name.  Once they're in SavedSims they'll show up in BodyShop and CAS.  You can't delete them from BodyShop like you can sims you've made in there, so if you decide later on you don't want their template, go into your Saved Sims folder and delete their file (this is one of the reasons why I give them their names as file names--that way I can find them if I want to delete them).

Repeat the process as necessary, but just make sure that when you click on the next sim you also click the 'use' button because if you don't, the sim you used previously will be exported instead of the new one.

Have fun!  This is one of my favorite methods of recycling sims. Smiley

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 18, 20:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I went in and fixed the DNA of of the Strangetown sims...in SimPe they still looked corrupted post NL so now I have no idea if any of them were indeed corrected, but in SimPe they didn't match up to what the corrected version was.  Makes me wonder if they had fixed it but I know shall never heh
lowlucious
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 18, 21:36:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thing is all of the births are natural. I haven't had any of those aliens look through the telescope. Johnny's wife gave birth to a son and then had quads and all of them were alien just not alien looking but had the alien skin and before NL they would have had a natural skin tone. Thanks for the reply I can't wait to get Don and Ajay into my custom neighborhoods heh.
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 18, 21:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I see!  I misunderstood what you were saying above.  I wonder if it's the messed up genetics in Strangetown.  There was a post somewhere here the other day on how to fix those.  After reading through it I was glad I wiped out Strangetown (only after saving key sim genetics, though) and started it fresh, because the potential for mass destruction was absolutely mind-boggling.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 18, 23:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fixed the genetics of everyone in my Strangetown.  My Ophelia and Johnny had triplets before I got NL, and they all have alien skin.  I'm pretty sure that the Alien skin is treated as a custom skintone, which is dominant.  Only the 4 regular skintones function as a "range" of tones, because your sim kids can have any tone that falls within the two skintone genes they get from their parent (S1-S4).  If one parent has alien or custom skin, it is dominant; if both parents have alien or custom skin, then it is a 50/50 chance on which the child will express.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 19, 23:43:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems that after NL my strangetown has become an alien town. Every alien is having alien births even Johnny's wife Ophliea (spelling). I know that alien skin is supposed to be so recessive but now Stella, Johnny, and Lola are all having alien babies when before NL you could not get any alien to have any alien babies. 

rainbow is right. Alien skin is dominant, not recessive. Stella is a pure-blood alien, so any child she ever has will always have one alien skin gene, and thus always have alien skin. Johnny, Lola and Chloe are half-alien. So the chance of their children having an alien gene and therefore alien skin is 50%.

As for the quads, 50% chance is the same as tossing a coin and getting heads or tails. You know from everyday experience that you could toss a coin 4 times and get 4 heads, even though the probability of that happening is only 1/16. Pull out a coin & try it Wink.

Now, the reason why before NL Johnny & Ophelia's kids would have had a human skin tone is because of the messed-up genetics in Strangetown. You didn't notice anything was up because the babies would have come out with skintone 4 - the same tone that Ophelia has. However, had you had Johnny get together with a light-skinned person, they would have had black babies. If you let Pollination Tech #9 and Jenny have a third child and you don't fix their DNA first, they'll have an inexplicably dark-skinned child.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
GothicSim
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 29, 23:45:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's true. Pol and Jen have a skin tone 4 baby. I wondered about that until I looked back into Jen's genes. She has a father or grandfather who has skin color 3 or 4. I can't really tell, though because his piture is grayed out because he's dead. I actually tried to make Jen and Pol have another alien baby, but it would always come out skin tone 4. I had to try about 30 times before she got a skin tone 2 baby. Not that I cared what skin colour it had, but number 4 just didn't fit.

As for a lot of alien births in Strangetown. I only have Uni, but ever since I got the game I've had many many alien births there. I've gone through five generations since I had to uninstall and there are only five normal (not alien) children.  Smiley
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 30, 01:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I fixed PT#9's and Jenny's DNA, and they had an alien skinned baby.  Uhfortunately, he also inherited his father's nose (or lack thereof) eyes, and mouth.  I have Dylan's Laverwinkle Alien skin replacement and alien eyes replacement, and the effect is rather...interesting.

eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 30, 03:38:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, Rainbow, that is one UGLY sim.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 30, 05:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I don't know...If you tilt your head to one side and squint... Tongue
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 30, 05:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I don't know...If you tilt your head to one side and squint... Tongue

I can't squint /that/ much. =P

Man, alien toddlers are ugly... any link to that skin, by the way? ^^
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 30, 05:52:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*scratches head*

So did NL really and truly fix some of the genetic mix-ups?  I remember Lola Singles having children with a S1 skintone sim before NL and they all came out with S4 skintones.  Since NL she's had a few more children, specifically with Ajay Loner, but I had fixed her DNA by following  baratron's guide and all of those kids came out with S3 skintones, which is Ajay's skintone.

I guess I'll never know unless I take a stock Strangetown without the DNA fixes and find out for myself...
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 30, 06:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Man, alien toddlers are ugly... any link to that skin, by the way? ^^

Dylan's Laverwinkle Alien skin and eyes replacements are on laverwinklesims.com.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 30, 07:05:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

While you are there, it would be worth you while to also grab his replacement Bettter Looking PT, so any alien spawn you have after placing him in your game will have noses and more balanced features...plus the pointy ears! Smiley
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 30, 07:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! -Downloads away- <3 Thank you for the link, it comes as muchly appreciated. ^^
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: