More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 07, 18:49:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Any Ideas?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Any Ideas?  (Read 6134 times)
Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Any Ideas?
« on: 2006 January 19, 18:30:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat was kind enough to answer some of my questions this morning, but despite her kind advice I seem to be getting nowhere fast with the TV volume cheat (floatProp tvVolume 0.1). It makes no difference whether I enter it in-game or as a startup cheat it simply doesn't effect the volume at all. I can use other cheats without any problem and, oddly, it accepts the cheat in-game as if it were valid, but the volume stubbornly remains unchanged. I'm patched and have the base game, only. Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Undecided Thank you.

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why?...Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Any Ideas?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 19, 20:10:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't bother with the cheat panel for that.    Use the ingame audio options.   In the bottom left hand corner where your controls are when the game is open,  Choose the round button with the three little dots on it.  This will open up your options.  Then choose audio options.   Once you have that open just use the sliders to put the audio on the level you want.  If you turn it down too much, just go back and adjust it.

uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 19, 21:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it makes you feel better, I am also unable to get the tv volume cheat to work with just the basic game.   Maybe it's meant for University on up?
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 19, 21:54:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't heard of the TV volume cheat- in my game, I just use the options to turn off sound effects entirely. Also the voices.

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 19, 22:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just finally made a userStartup.cheat last night and it worked great for the debug mode, but I haven't tried buying a TV yet to see if it works.  I haven't bought my Sims a TV in so long that I'm used to not buying them one, although some of my more possession-minded Sims always want one.

I do have the music completely muted via the sound options in-game though, which works great, but is hilarious when I see my Sims dancing and no music is heard.  Cheesy
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 20, 00:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeah, sometimes I miss the music. I am just waiting for someone to make a hack to kill the television noises

twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 20, 02:04:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure the tvvolume cheat requires Uni or higher, I don't think it works in the base game. I use it and it works fine for me.
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 20, 02:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sleepycat was kind enough to answer some of my questions this morning, but despite her kind advice I seem to be getting nowhere fast with the TV volume cheat (floatProp tvVolume 0.1). It makes no difference whether I enter it in-game or as a startup cheat it simply doesn't effect the volume at all.

I don't know that this works as a cheat (although I don't know that it doesn't). One way to get it to work is to add a line to the  globalProps.xml file in the following directory:

<AnyFloat32 key="tvVolume" type="0xabc78708">0.2</AnyFloat32>

C:\Program Files\Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Config (or wherever you have the game installed).
You will need to edit the globalProps.xml file for whichever version of the game you are using (original, Uni, NL).

The line is:

In the original game you need to add the line, but in NL (and perhaps Uni) you just need to change the value from 0.5 to whatever you want (in my case I chose 0.2).

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
sudaki
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 20, 02:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the TV-volume cheat requires University. I tried and tried and couldn't get it to work for me with just the original game, and no luck, but it worked at once with Uni installed. I wish I had better news, the full-volume TVs are annoying as heck.  Sad
seven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 20, 03:13:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info everyone! I don't like the tv noise either -especially the yummy channel.

Just accept that it is smarter than you, and let it do its thing.   ~guess who
Hegelian
Undead Member

Viva o Acre Livre! Viva a Revolução!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 20, 03:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the TV-volume cheat requires University. I tried and tried and couldn't get it to work for me with just the original game, and no luck, but it worked at once with Uni installed. I wish I had better news, the full-volume TVs are annoying as heck.  Sad

This is probably because the anyFloat32 key for tv volume isn't in the globalProps in the original game. But it's easy enough to add (see above). Whether that enables the cheat I don't know, because once I set the volume to 0.2 I don't have any reason to change it.

"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country." —  Hermann Göring
yetyak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 20, 03:28:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I waffled between changing it to 0.3 or 0.2.  Finally decided on 3 because somewhere I read recommended it.  Naturally,  the 2 setting would have been better.  Will change it before I play next, that's for sure.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 20, 09:14:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like it set at 0.1  Grin

I hope what Hegelian posted works for Talismana and others that only have the base game.
Talismana
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 20, 14:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you all for chiming in with advice re this annoying aspect of the game...oddly, it does make me feel better that I'm not the only one finding no success Undecided hmmm...misery loves company I suppose.

I'll attempt your suggestion Hegelian, though I'm so technically inept I'm sure I risk FUBARing my game by doing so. It truly is laughable how easily I can muck up the simplest process when fiddling about with my computer. For the benefit of anyone else interested who only runs the base game I'll be sure to post should I actually find success...again, thanks to all!

EDIT: Welp, I can't say it was a surprise with my luck and 'skill' but I'm sad to report no success...

Hegelian, I'm not sure if you're still following this thread, but just in case...this is what I entered in the directory you instructed. Does it appear correct to you? (I simply added the last line)

<AnyUint32 key="AudioPerformance" type="0xeb61e4f7">1</AnyUint32>
  <AnyUint32 key="edithConfigFlags" type="0xeb61e4f7">0</AnyUint32>
  </cGZPropertySetString>

thanks, again!
« Last Edit: 2006 January 20, 15:37:08 by Talismana » Logged

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why?...Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 21, 08:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind the cheap tv, or the new one which came with NL, even the freestanding expensive one is bearable - but the expensive wall mounted one is just so LOUD!  So my sims just never get it, no matter how much they whine!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: