More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 04, 02:32:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6515 Members
Latest Member: mirol
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A Request for Awesomes - Antidepressants against self-destructive thoughts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A Request for Awesomes - Antidepressants against self-destructive thoughts  (Read 5871 times)
Baronetess
snowyrat
Asinine Airhead

Save the kittun!

View Profile
A Request for Awesomes - Antidepressants against self-destructive thoughts
« on: 2006 April 04, 12:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

... or are they already developed?

I apologize, if this is not the proper place to post requests, but I couldn't find a special (or more proper) section, nor a mod/hack that would do this.

Most if not all of the knowledge-aspiration sims are severely depressed - I suspect - since exactly half of their desires (2 out of 4) are usually filled with 2 wants - To Be Saved From Death (thant can end up in undisered way), and See The Ghost (that will freak them otu, along with the consequences). And it doesn't help to fulfill these wishes - they keep coming back in an instant! As a parent, I would be highly concerned...

Is it normal and inevitable, that every person with intellectual inclination must necessarily also have a personality disorder that drives them to SDU (self-destructive behaviour)?

Would someone of the Awesomes please mind, if possible, researching/developing a drug (AD?) that a sim in question could buy, to prevent these two obsessions rolling in? It is especially important during Highschool and College, since later the sim will have 6 slots and therefore a little more options for wants, and after achieving the LTW + premaplat the urgency for AD diminishes anyway. I am willing to pay even a substantial sum of Simoleans for an object (drug) in the inventory, that would keep my knowledge sims in a more healthy patterns of wishes. Also a more general (affecting all) mod/hack would do nicely.

As for now, there remains so little things to choose (often only 2 slots) that would boost the aspiration level for those teens and esp. students. And this, apart of all the emotional crap, is obviously the true and main reason for this request.

Thank you in advance.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: A Request for Awesomes - Antidepressants against self-destructive thoughts
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 04, 12:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This has been a quest for some time, namely, to remove the "Be Saved From Death" want and relegate it only to low-aspiration.

Unfortunately, it lacks a check tree, so is impervious to overrides at present. Bleh.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 04, 13:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd say remove it entirely personally. It's a stupid want anyway. Unless you actually contrive for it to happen, the chances of having a non old age death where there's another sim on the lot with high enough relationship to win pleading with the grim reaper aren't very high. In a year and a half of playing the game I only ever had it happen once with a nanny who died in a fire burning a grilled cheese :p and even then my sim lost the plead since he didn't have much a of a relationship with her.

And if you do contrive to make it happen then what's the point? You might as well just cheat yourself the aspiration points and save a little bit of effort.

As far as the see a ghost want, is there any way to make it check to see if there actually is a tombstone or urn on the lot before giving them that want? It never made sense to me that they get it even if there are no dead sims on the lot. Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 04, 16:09:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well don't you have to contrive for most wants to happen anyway? For my Romance Sims, making out with 5 Sims doesn't just naturally "happen"... something or someone has to make it happen...

Personally, I find the Save from Death want an easy want to fulfill, and actually I guess the way I play the game, deaths do occasionally happen when unplanned, although admittedly nearly all Save from Deaths are planned. Scissors / sunlight-vampire / repairing items / scared by ghost or vampire and now evil toy or kite all easily do the trick... 

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 04, 16:35:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've started contriving to fulfill "Save from Death" wants that are persistant in my sims, meaning they have to keep rolling it up for a number of days in a row for me to break out my now-quite-deadly scissors. Very few of my knowledge sims get wants to see ghosts or be saved from death since the base game, fortunately, and the ones I've had since at least the beginning of adulthood are usually trained out of such nonsense. They get their skillpoints and LIKE it. Those who insist on having it I get annoyed at for them making me work it into the storyline, and if they just happen to not get saved, no skin off of my nose. Tongue

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 04, 18:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't there also a want (I think from popularity sims) to save someone from death...err actually I think it's to win against the grim reaper or something like that.  It's much more rare and usually only seems to roll up for a popularity sim that has witnessed a death or near death experience.  It's a shame that the be saved from death want can't roll up for the same reasons...a knowledge sim experiences a death or near death and then becomes fascinated with the idea would make a wee bit more sense.

Still a stupid want anyways.  I generally hate knowledge sims as they constantly get stuck in stupid cycles of wants.
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 04, 18:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly enough the last time I tried to fill the be saved from death want I failed. I had the jerky sim running around to exhaustion, with the scissors, but no accident occurred. I wondered if they'd been modded by Maxis since the last time I used them. I removed them from the game last year bit I re-downloaded them after getting OFB specifically because I needed a quick and dirty fix to get a high-scoring want filled. Failing to summon the reaper was a total bummer.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 04, 18:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mirelly, the OFB version has a mere 10% chance that they'll kill the sim. Hardly anything! I changed mine so they're at 50% and they work considerably better.

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 04, 18:50:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspected as much ... I'll see if I can hack mine then ... keep your eyes shielded in case a BFB seers your retinas. (It's about time I tried using SimPE for something other than tweaking relationships and personalities  Roll Eyes

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 04, 21:51:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favorite combination is the Knowledge sim who has a want to Be a Vampire, and then Be Saved from Death. Those wants dovetail nicely. Smiley I'm actually finding Knowledge sims to be the most interesting lately; they have the widest range of wants. I had a Knowledge Sim spin up a want to Streak the other day. They are really much more than the bookworms I thought they were when I first got the game.

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 04, 22:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, yea, and knowledge sims can become the randiest sims in the neighborhood, especially if they've got a triple lightening bolt with someone. Lot's of 'whoohoo' with that person wants roll up.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: