More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 22:41:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  A hack request... pretty please...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: A hack request... pretty please...  (Read 3828 times)
Riez Forester
Blathering Buffoon

I am a virgin ;).

View Profile WWW
A hack request... pretty please...
« on: 2005 December 12, 12:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find that The Sims 2 adoption system is annoying. They make the adopted child as family, therefore the true child of the family cannot marry the adopted one. Is there any force of nature that can change this fact and make a hack? Just remove the family status for adopted child?

*change the thread title, coz a similar title already exist*

Please dont rips my lips for my bad english!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: A hack request... pretty please...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 12, 12:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can change the relationship in SimPE.
Riez Forester
Blathering Buffoon

I am a virgin ;).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 12, 12:21:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know... But I plan to make quite a few families to adopt childrens. It's quite annoying, really. There are not the family's biological child, so why put the family value?

And using SimPE is to set relationships for about 5 families with nearly 20 family members is really tiring, especially when the SimPE is not set up for a 800x600 old monitor.

Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 12, 13:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you just move them in as foster children using my Teleporter Plus?   You can adopt using that but you can also just move them in and then they are cared for just the same as if they were adopted without changing the family tree.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Riez Forester
Blathering Buffoon

I am a virgin ;).

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 12, 13:34:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ohh! I totally forgot about that since I re-install the game and delete all downloads. Thanks Inge.

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 14, 01:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emino, thankfully Inge already offered a good solution for you.  I just wanted to mention that I also use 800x600 resolution and have finally sort of gotten used to the side-scrolling required when using SimPE.  Yes, it's a pain in the rear, but it's still way better than nothing.

I often wonder how many years it'll be before those designing now are going to realize 1024x768 no longer works for their aging eyes. Wink 

I also believe that relationships can be set using Insimenator.  I am only just now putting it in my game so some of my Uni students can get married (no, I'm not going to let them have kids, LOL) so am not familiar with it, other than what I have been reading at www.insimenator.net

JeanMaas
Asinine Airhead

Just dreaming

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 14, 02:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, i have addid a baby, a teen and an adult into my family with testingcheatsenabled.
i didn't want them to be related too. they don't have anyone in heir familytree.

jean
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 14, 16:02:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is even worse is that when a child is adopted, presumably it is then free to marry its real blood relatives.  So far I've only had one instance when the social worker came to take a child (my own fault for deleting the parents to reset them - they were only gone a couple of seconds!) but I immediately exited out without saving.  I won't have this scenario in my game because I refuse to let the children have their memories wiped and forget who they really are.  Would be ridiculous if a child one minute away from turning teen were to lose all its memories, but presumably it could happen.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: