More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 15:26:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Trouble with Grim Reaper
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Trouble with Grim Reaper  (Read 2897 times)
mackico
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Trouble with Grim Reaper
« on: 2009 December 27, 22:47:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, right.

I got the Grim Reaper to move into my family and then killed off a different family member. Only no new Grim Reaper came to send her on her way so the Sim just hangs there as a ghost. I can't move out or travel or anything because the game still thinks a Sim is in the process of dying.

How do I fix it?
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Trouble with Grim Reaper
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 27, 23:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First question: Do other NPCs work, in this and other families? Test by ordering a pizza, hiring a maid etc. If not then this is probably the same bug as I had in one of my games, where all NPCs ceased to function. Probably not related to your family reaper at all. I couldn't find a fix, so reverted to an earlier save and didn't encounter it again.
If all of your other NPCs work then this isn't the same as I encountered, so next step would be to test if a reaper arrives when sims in other families die, and also if you have any mods/ CC which could affect this.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 27, 23:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the Grim Reaper to move into my family and then killed off a different family member.

I don't suppose at any point in this process it occurred to you that doing such a thing was an EXTREMELY BAD IDEA?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 27, 23:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

EA still allows it without cheats, they disallowed Grim Reaper babies by removing the Woohoo interaction without him being part of the household but STILL allowed him to be asked and accept the "Move In" request.

As usual they forget people WILL run with scissors given half the chance.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 28, 00:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the game allows the sims to befriend the grim reaper and get it to move in, it ought to treat it like a normal NPC. :p

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: