More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 02, 05:34:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Any way to edit family relationships after CAS?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Any way to edit family relationships after CAS?  (Read 3500 times)
mctavish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Any way to edit family relationships after CAS?
« on: 2009 November 29, 04:04:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was making a large family of sims and had finally put the finishing touches on.  However, when I clicked over to the relationship screen, the "assign relationships" box refused to work.  I could drag the pictures around, but the pop-up boxes that should have shown up when two sims are connected didn't appear.  Additionally, the family member icons stuck to the cursor, even after I cancelled out of the relationship editor screen.  I more or less accidentally clicked "Continue" after trying the editor several times, with no luck.  The net result is that I now have a large family of orphan roommate sims instead of the extended clan idea I had in mind.

So, clearly something is weird here.  My question, then, is if there is any way to edit this family again after-the-fact.  I know AwesomeMod has an "Edit in CAS!" command for individual sims in the debugging menu; is there something similar that will let me reassign household relationships?

Given the possibly-bug-infested proceedings here, maybe I ought to just consign this instance of the family to the trash and re-make them, but I don't really feel like re-doing seven different sims at the moment...  Embarrassed
almostawesome
Blathering Buffoon

Swag out the max

View Profile
Re: Any way to edit family relationships after CAS?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 November 29, 04:10:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This was a glitch from an old build of Awesomemod.
However, you could go to the mirror with each person, click save sim, go back to CAS, and remake them.

mctavish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 November 29, 04:25:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm almost positive I have the newest version of the mod.  I downloaded it two days ago, and there shouldn't be any cached versions in my browser... but oh well.  I see there is a new version up today, anyway.

I'll try the mirror method, thanks.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 November 29, 04:32:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also thought Twallan's supercomputer had an option to edit relationships...

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
mctavish
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 November 29, 15:58:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also thought Twallan's supercomputer had an option to edit relationships...
Hmm, this looks promising.  I was able to add the child-parent relationships with the mod and the parents were easily cheated back up to wedding-status.  Call the extra ceremony "renewing their vows", or something. Thanks.
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 November 29, 21:08:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's a "Genealogy" option in debug mode. Control+Shift click on the sim (or is it just shift? I can't remember), and look for the button that says "Genealogy". Not sure how detailed it is, though. May have to check this out later, as I haven't played in awhile. Damn real life.

I sing along with elevator music.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: