More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 06, 05:05:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6516 Members
Latest Member: CarrotGirl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Blank Inventory Item Messing Things Up?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Blank Inventory Item Messing Things Up?  (Read 4278 times)
glorified_g
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Blank Inventory Item Messing Things Up?
« on: 2009 August 12, 21:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday was the first time my Sims game has acted so weird, and I need a bit of help, please. Anyway, for the past couple of days I have been playing a particular family. The first issue I have been having is that wish fulfillment is doing nothing at all. There's a husband, a wife and a boy in the family. The husband and wife fulfill a wish, nothing happens. These wishes all involve skilling up. The game makes a big deal about skilling up, but the wish remains there. And before anyone asks, it's not to skill up to a particular level or anything, just in general. So I am doing it right. Oddly enough though the son could skill up and have his wish fulfilled no problem. :/

The second issue I have is that all of a sudden the guy in the family cannot play guitar. The last time I entered the game, he and his wife were both playing. Since then, he can't play though. In the inventory, I only have the option to move his guitar around, not play it. The same goes for the household guitar outside of the inventory. His wife can play just fine.

The game also got super wonky last night with the male Sim. He was showering, and over that action was a 'continue grilling' action. He hadn't been grilling. No one was at the moment, though his wife had done a grill-a-thon at the local park, but even she was done by then. I decided that was a little too weird and I quit without saving.

I switched families and tried going back to this one, and nothing happened. Other Sims can play guitar just fine. I think only my guy can't. I have a theory as to why too. His wife bought all of the compositions, and bought two of each. I would just drop one into his inventory. Well he learned the level 5 composition, and it went into his inventory. When he learned the level 6 composition though, it put it as an item stack with the level 5 comp. It also added a blank inventory item. I can delete both compositions (I'm not sure why it put them in an item stack together; never seen that before) but the blank inventory item remains. I think something got messed up along the way or something. I am hoping that deleting the blank inventory item may help my male Sim be able to play guitar again. I'm not sure. Any suggestions? The guy has a music job, so it'd suck if he can't play again.

Um, currently I have the game up to date on patches and I'm running Awesomemod with IndieStone. Switching families did nothing, nor did resetSim or removing mods. I know this isn't a life or death issue with the game, but I am afraid that if one family can't fulfill wishes, pretty soon the rest may follow. Any help would be much appreciated.
Mire Krisma
Pancake Fucker
Retardo Lander

INTP (allegedly)

View Profile
Re: Blank Inventory Item Messing Things Up?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 August 13, 04:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running AwesomeMod with IndieStone.

If it's IndieStone Core, you'll have all sorts of wonky problems. Are you running Core or Mod?

Also, could you define the wishes that aren't being fulfilled, exactly? There are a few that are known to be buggy.

The best advice I can give ( besides removing hacks or a reinstall ) would be to make a copy of your town and use the copy. That usually solves any problems I have.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 13, 05:03:48 by Mire Krisma » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 August 13, 04:58:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try moving them out via edit neighborhood, chose evict on their house then sell all furniture, then move them into a new place. I seem to recall it fixing the borked up inventory item preventing sims from doing certain actions that I had a while back.

If that doesn't work a more drastic solution is to go into neighborhood mode, copy that family (and the house if you want) to the library. Delete the family, place the copy of them in the library, then delete that library copy once you know for sure your family is placed and working correctly.

Doing the second option will delete ALL relationships those in the household have with anyone outside of it as well as yank anyone on the family tree who isn't in the household off. That's why it's preferable to just do the first option if you can get away with it.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
glorified_g
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 August 13, 06:45:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running AwesomeMod with IndieStone.

If it's IndieStone Core, you'll have all sorts of wonky problems. Are you running Core or Mod?

Also, could you define the wishes that aren't being fulfilled, exactly? There are a few that are known to be buggy.

The best advice I can give ( besides removing hacks or a reinstall ) would be to make a copy of your town and use the copy. That usually solves any problems I have.

It's not IndieStone Core, I have the Mod installed instead. Could that be causing problems?

The wishes that aren't being fulfilled were wishes to increase the guitar, athletic, cooking and fishing skills. The art one worked fine.

Try moving them out via edit neighborhood, chose evict on their house then sell all furniture, then move them into a new place. I seem to recall it fixing the borked up inventory item preventing sims from doing certain actions that I had a while back.

If that doesn't work a more drastic solution is to go into neighborhood mode, copy that family (and the house if you want) to the library. Delete the family, place the copy of them in the library, then delete that library copy once you know for sure your family is placed and working correctly.

Doing the second option will delete ALL relationships those in the household have with anyone outside of it as well as yank anyone on the family tree who isn't in the household off. That's why it's preferable to just do the first option if you can get away with it.

Meh, I was hoping to avoid move-outs if possible, but I don't adore the current house the family is in, so I could try that. Thanks!
myskaal
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 August 25, 06:05:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not so old it's necromancy and this is the only thread I could find related the problem I just encountered in my game.

I had my sim attend the neighborhood grill-a-thon and he is now stuck with a permanent "continue grilling" icon queued. It doesn't (thus far) seem to be preventing him from performing any other actions, but it is annoying nonetheless. The icon highlights, as if it can be acted on, when moused over but it refuses to be canceled. Other action icons layer over the top of it rather than cancel it out.

No clue on a fix. I came here looking and this was the only reference I found.
I'll go through the motions of general bug-fixings and report back what I find, if anything.

ETUpdate: Problem resolved on restart after deleting cache files.
« Last Edit: 2009 August 27, 00:50:55 by myskaal » Logged
edalbformat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 August 25, 07:00:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm also denying necromancy on borked subjects because I also have a problem that is not solving by self. The scenario is: I created a family of six (couple,4 kids) and bought bikes to everybody, so 2 adult and 4 kid bikes. It seems that the kids bikes were redundant once kids seem to take bikes out of the back pocket and actually don't need or the game doesn't know how to get rid of the extra bike when they grow up.
The 4 kids grew into Teens and I got 4 pink bike icons in game where there's no way to delete them once they do not exist physically.
The existing methodes to delete or nuke things do not work on those ghost bikes. I can delete cars that are abandoned on the streets by Pescado "nuke" command. Everytime I see a car with absolutely no interactions available, I click on the ground the nearest possible to the object and select the radius that would include it. But in the case of the bikes, I can see them from view map but when I zoom in there's nothing on the spot. I tried to click on a randon place where possibly the object was hidden but as soon as I get a radius to nuke it is including one of the playable objects, so the bikes are definitively not out there.
I don't know how deep this will affect the course of the game, up now it is just an annoyance, but we all know that it can be worse than that.
Any suggestions?
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 August 25, 17:07:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Learn to punctuate.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 August 26, 06:11:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try "towderelicts yes", to force the elimination of even occupied, claimable derelicts.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: