More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 17, 17:03:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Simple SimPE Question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Simple SimPE Question  (Read 9059 times)
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Simple SimPE Question
« on: 2005 July 25, 01:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know where my character files are but in order to see which ones are which, I need to look in SimPE. Where do the I find the character number in SimPE that correspondence with the number in the game character folder?

Hope this makes sense.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Simple SimPE Question
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 25, 02:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its probably easiest to open up the sim browser in SimPe, once you have selected the character you can verify the number because it gives the file name in plug in view (tab)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 25, 02:25:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a big problem with this.  Took me MONTHS to work it out.  Basically, it doesn't work if your screen size is set to 800x600, you need to change it to 1024x768 or you can't see the character number.  I always have to do that to use SimPE, which is a real pain because the font is so small I can hardly read it.  Maybe when I get my new monitor it will be different - hope so. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 25, 02:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Nectere. See I hate using SimPE. I have been in Sim Browser but I can't see the filename that matches what's in the Maxis Character Folder.

Just read the post then by Ancient and I am running my computer at 1024x768 and I still can't see the end of the top line above where the pic of the Sim normally is. I assume this is where the filename is now.......

I tell ya, I hate using SimPE.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 25, 02:44:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only appears if you have the Simpe page at maximum size, then you should see the file number on the top line.

Zephyr Zodiac
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 25, 02:44:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok once you find the picture in sim browser and open them, then hit the show clothes link, that will open up the actual character file and the path name will displayed across the top of the program.

Conversely you can also go to "tools" in the neighborhood of your choice and use the "list sims" in the tools menu option, this will give a list of the sims names, their ID and their filename.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 25, 02:45:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stormy, they have a new edition of SimPe out. Skimming through it, I came upon a view that listed the character number and the appropritate N_000 whatever number next to each other. I have to go through it again, because I don't remember where under all the shiny new-ness I found this. I don't know if that'll help you any, but it can't hurt to mention that, no?

When I opened SimPe it automatically searched for updates and knucklehead me ok'd the installation. It was quite a shock, it looks completely different than the old version.

And just when I got used to the old version...

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Darkstormyeve
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 25, 02:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks everyone. I think it is that top line that I'm after. I probably didn't have it maximised.

Veilchen, thanks for your post too. Every bit of info helps. Yep, its that darn N_000 number that I'm after.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 25, 02:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it any better than the old one? 

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 25, 02:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it any better than the old one? 

It has many more things to play with, a nightmare for a computer ignoramus (me), and probably a delight for a computer savvy person (you) Cheesy

G.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 25, 03:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to be joking!  I'm not really computer savvy, just been playing the sims for a long time!  And a lot of what I know is what others have told me! 

I only use SimPE for sorting out my downloads and my sims, I can't make things!  Still, I suppose you lose nothing by giving the new version a try, but I shan't get rid of the old one just in case.....

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 25, 03:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to be joking!  I'm not really computer savvy, just been playing the sims for a long time!  And a lot of what I know is what others have told me! 

I only use SimPE for sorting out my downloads and my sims, I can't make things!  Still, I suppose you lose nothing by giving the new version a try, but I shan't get rid of the old one just in case.....

I wish I had thought of that, but I neglected to hide the old version and the new one uninstalled that one before I realised what was happening...sigh.

I'm pretty sure there are older versions around, I shall have to go hunting.

G.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 25, 03:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which version did you have before?  I have the set up program for Version .35.

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 25, 03:27:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Which version did you have before?  I have the set up program for Version .35.

Ahem...to completely reveal the extent of my non-knowledge: the newest version that I have now is the one that came out on July 14th. The older version I used to have was the one just before that. .35. sounds about right, but I could not swear to it.

G.

Larita
Asinine Airhead

Free Thinker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 27, 20:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Basically, it doesn't work if your screen size is set to 800x600, you need to change it to 1024x768 or you can't see the character number.  I always have to do that to use SimPE, which is a real pain because the font is so small I can hardly read it.  Maybe when I get my new monitor it will be different - hope so. 

Here's a possible solution, if you haven't already tried it....

After installing my new graphics card, it took me two days of hair-pulling trial and error, flipping between a miniscule font I needed a magnifying glass to read, and something so large I couldn't close the program.  What I finally came up with gives me 1280 X 800 resolution with a font big enough to read comfortably.  I set my display to the highest resolution available, with a refresh rate high enough (mine is 75) so it doesn't rattle my eyeballs in my skull, then went into the Advanced Settings and set the font to 125% (120 DPI).   This works for me, with most programs...and my eyes need all the help possible. Smiley

I'll go back into stealth mode now....
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: