More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 15, 22:36:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Request - Stop Vampires Walking Past In Broad Daylight!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Request - Stop Vampires Walking Past In Broad Daylight!  (Read 4576 times)
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Request - Stop Vampires Walking Past In Broad Daylight!
« on: 2005 November 19, 15:33:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Happened twice today...

So, Mortimer has fallen in love with a beautiful young (ish) vampire named Sarah. Then, when I was playing Sarah, she decided to go and spy on him with her telescope. Obviously I got her back inside sharpish, but Mortimer came and shoved her, so she's now furious with him. And still in love, because Morty's just that sexy  Undecided

About 11 am, she comes to the lot, knocks the bin over, then stands around for a bit. First thing I know of it is a sign popping up saying 'Aahh, the sun! I must flee!' and catching a glipse of her walking away.

By the way, she's also meant to be at work at that point Roll Eyes

So, Sarah runs off. Four o'clock in the afternoon, she wanders by again and stands next to the mailbox. Doesn't do anything, just stands there for an hour then says 'Aahh, the sun! I must flee!' and walks - yes, walks - off the lot. If I'd been playing her and she'd stood out there for an hour, she'd have died. As it was, she wasn't even smoking.

Needless to say, I'm rather cheesed off about this. I imagine it's going to happen with the telescope, too, if Sim #000000 is a vampire. Which Mortimer now is.

Someone, please, stop the insanity! Sad
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
Re: Request - Stop Vampires Walking Past In Broad Daylight!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 19, 17:39:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin That's like "So and so has brought a friend home from work" (or school)

AHH! The sun! I must flee!

Undecided

More importantly, how come Vampires can't be found wandering the neighbourhoods at night like sims in the daytime? Instead you need to go to a community lot or chat with them on the computer.

Stupid EA.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 19, 17:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More importantly, how come Vampires can't be found wandering the neighbourhoods at night like sims in the daytime? Instead you need to go to a community lot or chat with them on the computer.
That's a good point, actually, though I hadn't noticed before. The only thing that would have to be fixed is the doorbell waking everyone in the ruddy house up, but I imagine there's probably a hack for that somewhere that I haven't found yet.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 19, 18:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Stupid Maxis. The vampires would be fun if they had done them to be, OMG, like vampires!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 19, 19:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The vampires do wander around at night - well, they do if they're annoyed with one of your Sims.  I was playing a family and one of the guys suddenly got an icon pop-up to slap the Count.  Turned out the Count had just walked onto his lot and got into the hot-tub.  He spent all night there and didn't budge until the sun came up, by which time the entire household had long since gone to sleep.

Here's a pic of it.  As you can see, my Sim is quite annoyed, although I think maybe he's more annoyed about his rather strange headgear than the Count being in his hot-tub.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 19, 19:26:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

quiet doorbell hasnt been officially updated yet, but here is the uni version

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/uni/hacks/quietdoorbell.zip
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 19, 19:46:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient, that is hilarious. I do wish you would share more pictures. You have the most interesting style of play that I've ever come across.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Charamei
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 19, 19:52:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

quiet doorbell hasnt been officially updated yet, but here is the uni version

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/uni/hacks/quietdoorbell.zip
Aha!

Thanks Grin
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 19, 20:56:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ancient, that is hilarious. I do wish you would share more pictures. You have the most interesting style of play that I've ever come across.
Well ... I do have a collection of never-before-seen peculiar & amusing pics in my files.  For example, Gregory Thataway the gay guy in his amazing nightwear (includes suspenders) getting all sexcited by doing the cleaning, to name but one.  Shall I start a thread???

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 19, 23:56:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well ... I do have a collection of never-before-seen peculiar & amusing pics in my files.  For example, Gregory Thataway the gay guy in his amazing nightwear (includes suspenders) getting all sexcited by doing the cleaning, to name but one.  Shall I start a thread???

Meep! It'll need Not Safe For Work warnings if that's a typical example!

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 20, 01:05:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I got the official go-ahead from the Lord of the Mods. He just wants the pictures to be as small as possible (meaning without loosing the essential picture-worthiness I guess). In JM's words: As long as I don't end up hosting everybody's mammoth picture files." /end quote.

So go ahead, make my day...(I always wanted to say that Grin)

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 20, 02:16:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The vampires do wander around at night - well, they do if they're annoyed with one of your Sims.  I was playing a family and one of the guys suddenly got an icon pop-up to slap the Count.  Turned out the Count had just walked onto his lot and got into the hot-tub.

He had a reason to wander into your house if he was furious, right? Tongue

What I meant, was how come they don't do walkby's at night like normal sims do in the daytime. Wouldn't that be more realistic, especially if the sim you were playing was a vampire?

Instant gratification takes too long.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: