More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 07, 20:54:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  broken Brokes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: broken Brokes  (Read 2810 times)
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
broken Brokes
« on: 2005 November 18, 23:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looks like the holiday pack or nightlife broke the Brokes. Is it time for yet another reinstall? I have tried replacing the broke Broke family from the base but they are still broke. Any other ideas? This used to happen in strangetown with the curious house but was fixed after the gazillioneth install. Am I just destined to have a least one broken family?

I suppose its fitting that the Broke family is broken...except that I went through way too long playing the Dreamer family and hooking up the father with Brandi...until they tried to marry and the brokenness broke and crashed the game. The Broke family cant be loaded in their home either, nor can they move anywhere, they are just broken.

broke!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: broken Brokes
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 18, 23:41:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, it happened to me too, when I played the Broke house, resurrected Skip, and then moved all the family to a new house.
When I tried to enter the house (the new), I got a message that the application failed, and will be closed now.

Then I restored the default neighbourhood again, moved Brandy to a new house, and only then resurrected Skip. Now I could enter the house, but the minute I left it, and enterred again, I found all the family in a "start-up" position. It was 10:00 AM, Skip was at work, and the kids - at school, but I found all of them home.

I restored again the default neighbourhood, again moved Brandi to a new house, and resurrected Skip.
This time I could enter the house without problems.

Very weird, but it seems that you have to begin with the Broke family first, be able to restore the default neighbourhood once or twice, until the simulator "learns to fix it's own bug"...Smiley.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 19, 00:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well I deleted and then restored pleasantview from the base files but the Brokes are still broke. Something fubarred them completely.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 19, 01:17:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Restore again, move the Brokes again to a new house - now it should work (I hope).
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 19, 01:26:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

gali I already tried that. I restored the whole neighborhood from the base files, tried to move them to another house but when the new house tries loads it crashes again. I have restored just the Brokes from the base files and did the same and that didnt work either.

I also tried removing all custom content and restoring the Brokes/Pleasantview and nadda, still broke. I have tried everything I can think of, I looked at their DNA and nothing seems amiss, I looked at their facial data files and every other file I could think of that might be missing something and couldnt find anything wrong. I have cross compared them to other working pleasantview sims in Simpe and I cant find anything amiss. They are just broke(n). I have been able to interact with them fine on other lots, but they cant move in, marry or move to another home and be played. The only thing I havent tried yet is just moving Dustin to college from the neighborhood screen.

Another oddity is that now the custom content dialogue wont turn off, it comes up every time if I have any custom content at all since installing the holiday pack. I have enabled and turn off the start up but each time I load its back.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 19, 02:42:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, may be you are right, and the cause is the holiday pack...Smiley.

I don't download anymore anything, because I am near 1 giga downloads. If EA will issue another EP, I think I'll have to buy a new computer...Smiley.

...Very frustrating!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: