More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 13, 18:48:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Make any door function like an Apartment Door
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Make any door function like an Apartment Door  (Read 3472 times)
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
Make any door function like an Apartment Door
« on: 2008 November 29, 12:06:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a mod out there that allows us to place any door we want from the build catalog and make it function like an apartment door? Say I want to make a set of Victorian looking houses with fancy front doors instead of the pretty average apartment door. I just place the front door as the only entrance to the whole house and select an option that makes the door an apartment door. And then I make the lot an apartment lot.
Is there such a mod and if not can someone make it?

I am converting my forum to Beta 2 right now, but when it is up again I have just such a hack in testing (well I have lent a thread to Leesester who is making it) and it will allow you to use a wider range of doors as apartment doors).   The only other way to do it would have been to edit the LUAs.
« Last Edit: 2008 November 30, 01:51:18 by BastDawn » Logged

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
LOolyharb
Blathering Buffoon

Psycho sookie.

View Profile
Re: Make any door function like an Apartment Door
« Reply #1 on: 2008 November 29, 14:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am converting my forum to Beta 2 right now, but when it is up again I have just such a hack in testing.
When will it be ready?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 November 29, 17:07:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am converting my forum to Beta 2 right now, but when it is up again I have just such a hack in testing (well I have lent a thread to Leesester who is making it) and it will allow you to use a wider range of doors as apartment doors).   The only other way to do it would have been to edit the LUAs.

This will be awesome, Inge. I could use some different doors in my themed neighborhoods. So you're going to do what I saw you post on MTS2, and have the doors themselves have the option to change the model?

Fail.
rosess
Dimwitted Dunce

I caught you a deelishus bass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 November 29, 18:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found that it is possible to have a second door (single or double) to an apartment if you place the walk-over Pets divider around it and lock the door to family only.  The area inside the divider is seen as public, but locking the door keeps the inside of the apartment private (the landlord and other NPCs will still use it when appropriate).  The apartment door is still necessary, but can be used in a secondary position. 

This only works for the apartment you are playing due to the locking issue, which works for me as I usually build one large house-apt surrounded by lesser dwellings.  However, it might be possible to fake multiple front doors using snapobjectstogrid false and placing the doors in unusable positions.  Just thought of that possibility; haven't tried it.

Lack of asplosiveness is not guaranteed.  It works for me, but I don't mind nuking a neighborhood or three if I find out later that things have become corrupt.
ingeli
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 November 29, 19:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simlogicals forum is up and working, so you can get the test version there. I am sure Leesester appreciates more testers.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 November 29, 23:30:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, Leesester and I both need more testers in general, and yes the forum's up again Smiley

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: