More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 07, 18:17:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6517 Members
Latest Member: zebez
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Female Garden Club Members have male voices
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Female Garden Club Members have male voices  (Read 4820 times)
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
Female Garden Club Members have male voices
« on: 2008 May 17, 18:52:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did read the post in Podium "Hello, what gender are you?"  I did mention in there that Tiffany Zarabin had the male voice, but it is not just her, it is all the female members of the Garden Club who have the male voices.

My game is fresh from installing Freetime.  I have all the exp packs up to Freetime as well as most of the stuff packs up to and incuding K&B, and I have not patched with the latest patch as this particular issue was not among the problems listed.  I have mostly JMP's hacks, however this started right from the beginning before I put any hacks in .

Of course this is not a big issue but definitely annoying.  Is there something in SimPE where I could change the voice to female?

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Re: Female Garden Club Members have male voices
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 17, 19:33:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't read the "What gender are you?" thread and am thoroughly not awesome. However since you mention SimPE, have you tried opening the character files and toggling the "treat as __" option? If you select to treat Zarubin as male then save and close her file, then open her again and change back to "treat as female", would that "reset" her gender markers or whatever to give her the right voice?

No idea if this would work (or if it was the first thing you tried weeks ago, lol).

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 17, 20:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or, if you hate SimPE as much as I do, download the Insimenator obj edition and a teleport shrub, summon Garden Club Members, make selectable, and then use the Insiminator itself to treat the characters as females.

If I can't do it in-game, I probably won't do it at all. That's my motto.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 19, 08:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did read the post in Podium "Hello, what gender are you?"  I did mention in there that Tiffany Zarabin had the male voice, but it is not just her, it is all the female members of the Garden Club who have the male voices.
Does the game treat them as male, or does the game recognize them as females, but gives them the male voiceset anyway? If so, that's pretty damn neat. The neighborhood needs a Dr. Girlfriend.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 19, 10:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the game treat them as male, or does the game recognize them as females, but gives them the male voiceset anyway? If so, that's pretty damn neat. The neighborhood needs a Dr. Girlfriend.

Yeah, that Tiffany Zarubin is heat incarnate.  Grin

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 19, 18:55:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right, Tiffany is one hot mama!!  Roll Eyes  Grin

Anyhoo, all joking aside, how can I tell if the game is treating them as a male, they are only townies, and any and all interactions with them are the same as any sim, greet, joke, fight, slap, etc., (which funnily enough is what they all seem to do to each other, argue, slap and fight  Cheesy)

What interaction would they do that would tell me that?

Of course I was thinking of just moving the garden club members, one at a time, into their own lot and see if newly generated ones would do the same thing.

Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 19, 19:08:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What interaction would they do that would tell me that?

See how they pee. Tongue

Dive in!
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 19, 20:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin Good one!

I went into SimPE and checked on the female garden club members and they are all listed as "treat as male"! Huh

So I changed them all to female and I will see how my game fares. Undecided

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 20, 07:24:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah-HA! Thought that might be it - hope it helps!

I actually had a sim once who, as a fresh out of CAS adult, had as his top two hotties Tiffany Zarubin and Katie McGraw. Dude was really into the older ladies. Grey hair was not one of his turn-ons; he just could not quit with the heartfarting whenever one of them was near. If only that Tiffany'd had a male voice...  Wink

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: