More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 13, 20:25:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Rock God Outfit - Remesh?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rock God Outfit - Remesh?  (Read 4887 times)
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
Rock God Outfit - Remesh?
« on: 2007 December 22, 04:11:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love the look of the rock god outfit on women from afar, but if you get close, there's this hideous line on the neck and the necklace is just really strange looking. I remember this being discussed here way back when Seasons first came out. I was hoping to find a fixed mesh for the outfit, but after some searching, I've come up empty. I've got a few recolors of the mesh that I'd like to use, but every time I put them on a sim, I see that line on the neck and get irritated.

Here's what I mean:

So has anyone ever heard of a replacement mesh for the rock god outfit for women? (I seem to recall the male version has issues too, but not as glaring.)

blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
Re: Rock God Outfit - Remesh?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 December 22, 11:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember seeing remesh on modthesims2, it was top only and top without jacket I think 
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 December 22, 16:03:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bloom made a replacement mesh here:

http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?t=63036

It removes the shoddy necklace and bracelet.

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 December 22, 17:49:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh. Thanks, Spooky. I'll give that a try and see if it works for what I need. I'm hoping it fixes the other outfits I have that use that mesh.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 December 22, 19:03:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a Fix for the EAxis Outfit. Get it here http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,10594.0.html
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 December 22, 21:11:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shiny!  Between the fix from Havelock and the non-replacement mesh version from Bloom, I'm happy.  Orikes, where do you find recolors of this mesh?  I haven't seen any.  By using them with Havelock's fix, I'll need to remake them as the fix is in the recolor rather than the mesh, but I think it's worth it for a good recolor.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 December 22, 22:54:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shiny!  Between the fix from Havelock and the non-replacement mesh version from Bloom, I'm happy.  Orikes, where do you find recolors of this mesh?  I haven't seen any.  By using them with Havelock's fix, I'll need to remake them as the fix is in the recolor rather than the mesh, but I think it's worth it for a good recolor.

BastDawn the fix is in the 3IDR and the Propertyset. Because someone at EAxis was stupid with them. If the Recolor has nothing where the Jewels are you would see nothing, otherwise if the Jewels are includet in the Recolor the mesh displays them correct now.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 December 22, 23:54:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh.  Silly me, I'd assumed it was the same issue Hysterical Paroxysm fixed in the child dress from Seasons, and she said the fix wouldn't help previous recolors. 

EDIT:  Nope, it is based in the recolor rather than the mesh.  I made a recolor with your fix in (after editing it to make the original show up), then took your fix out and loaded Body Shop again.  Without your fix, the recolor I made still looks fine.  I suppose it makes sense: a new mesh requires 4 files (GMDC, GMND, CRES, and SHPE), and the Property Set is not one of them, although it is found in recolors.  Your file is a hacked Property Set.  Undecided   
« Last Edit: 2007 December 23, 00:39:35 by BastDawn » Logged

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 December 23, 06:05:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Huh.  Silly me, I'd assumed it was the same issue Hysterical Paroxysm fixed in the child dress from Seasons, and she said the fix wouldn't help previous recolors. 

EDIT:  Nope, it is based in the recolor rather than the mesh.  I made a recolor with your fix in (after editing it to make the original show up), then took your fix out and loaded Body Shop again.  Without your fix, the recolor I made still looks fine.  I suppose it makes sense: a new mesh requires 4 files (GMDC, GMND, CRES, and SHPE), and the Property Set is not one of them, although it is found in recolors.  Your file is a hacked Property Set.  Undecided   

Its the original Property Set and 3IDR updated to link to the second TXMT for the Jewels. Now they are set to blend and not to be layered with the Skintone. Yes its a similar fix as HP made. Sorry but there was no other way to make it work properly.
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 December 23, 07:08:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, that looks great Havelock.

Now, if I understood what you guys are saying, even with this fix, it won't really help any of the recolors I've got issues with. Fooey. Ah well.

BastDawn: Believe it or not, I found the recolors on the exchange. When they did that H&M design contest this summer, there were some really nice recolors done of a bunch of meshes. I downloaded a few of them and there were at least two I got for this mesh. Both had the same problem, though. The necklaces looked odd and caused the neckline to be all freakish. I finally deleted all but one of them.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim_detail.php?asset_id=995514&asset_type=sim&user_id=626454 was the one I hung onto. I love the jean texture of the whole thing. Unfortunately, I can't get pastt he neckline.

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 December 23, 11:06:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim_detail.php?asset_id=995514&asset_type=sim&user_id=626454 was the one I hung onto. I love the jean texture of the whole thing. Unfortunately, I can't get pastt he neckline.

Thats because the Mesh is broken like the Rockstaroutfit but i dont know how to fix this, my fix would not help here. They try hard to brake it allways in some way.

Okay got it to work also. Have fixed the Mesh packed as the whole Sim with the Outfit.

Get it here: http://www.4shared.com/file/32840544/34f373e4/Design_Theme_3_Bling_Girl.html
« Last Edit: 2007 December 23, 15:32:11 by Havelock » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: