More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 23, 23:17:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Trogdor
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Trogdor  (Read 13149 times)
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
Re: Trogdor
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 23, 01:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FireFox is completely free.

It has tabs and oodles and oodles of cool extensions such as a spell checker, search inlets, etc without spyware. Although it sucks at playing music. It'll always say I'm missiing the quicktime plugin when quicktime is installed.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
Velax
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 23, 08:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Firefox overall, but I find it seems to use ridiculous amounts of my CPU when I have certain sites open. The Sims 2 BBS is a good example, Gamespot is another. If I have one of those sites open, Firefox will use around 60% or more of my CPU, which is a little annoying when I'm trying to play a game.
Pilot
Asinine Airhead

Reticulating Splines since 1989!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 23, 09:20:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like Firefox overall, but I find it seems to use ridiculous amounts of my CPU when I have certain sites open. The Sims 2 BBS is a good example, Gamespot is another. If I have one of those sites open, Firefox will use around 60% or more of my CPU, which is a little annoying when I'm trying to play a game.
Agreed Firefox uses more of the system, a hit I'm willing to take. Although, I don't have nay broswers open when I play anyway. Just sucks of memeory regardless.
Umm, isn't AOL like, The Internet?  Shocked
Thought you were serious for a sec...

IMO, FireFox is just more stable than IE. Easier to use and is open source which makes it a huge hit with techies and hackers (thus making it less likely to be attacked by said techies/hacker). Secure, free, TABS!, RSS...what's not to love?

It has tabs and oodles and oodles of cool extensions such as a spell checker, search inlets, etc without spyware. Although it sucks at playing music. It'll always say I'm missiing the quicktime plugin when quicktime is installed.

Yes, Yes, Yes, iTunes

Will be first in line to buy "Spore"
Yes...I have a bit of a god complex....hehehehe
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 23, 12:46:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you for clearing that up. Guess I hit a spam site or some other crap site. Any thoughts on msn?  I dont use mine but its there. 

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 24, 02:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Umm, isn't AOL like, The Internet?  Shocked
Thought you were serious for a sec...
I was afraid of that, but I tried to convey sarcasm with the little smiley thingie there, but it's not always easy to convey sarcasm with text.  Tongue Undecided Huh Cheesy

I hate AOL.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 24, 05:30:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Agreed Firefox uses more of the system, a hit I'm willing to take. Although, I don't have nay broswers open when I play anyway. Just sucks of memeory regardless.

Yeah, I always shut down all my other windows before playing sims 2. I might be able to get away with running both now becaue I just added 256 extra megs of RAM to my computer but it would probably lag horribly.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: