More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 11:52:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  memories of meetings that never happened
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: memories of meetings that never happened  (Read 2653 times)
MistressBoleyn
Asinine Airhead

la reine sans tete

View Profile
memories of meetings that never happened
« on: 2005 October 13, 21:31:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought this was amusing.

My sim was burglarized (or is it burgled??) last night.  The car alarm did its job, the police came and after a knock-down, drag-out fight the burgler (Chloe something) was cuffed and hauled away.  My sim, of course, slept through the entire episode.

Now she keeps getting burnination pictures of the burgler, so I checked her memories.  And sure enough, right before the memory of "burgler!" is the wonderful "Met Chloe!  Nice to meet you stranger!" memory. Under the friends tab there's a picture of Chloe (who she's furious with, understandably) and a relationship of -100/-100.

All this, despite the fact that she slept through the whole thing.  Maxis sure does enjoy using that new furious state.

"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: memories of meetings that never happened
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 13, 21:43:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep.  This is what now happens.  It's kind of good that now they actually 'meet' the burglar (my sims slept through it, too), but honest to pete, I'd lay burnination to that stupid foot-stomping, fist-clenching animation they do when they think about it if I could.  And the worst thing is, if you don't make your sims friends with the burglar, it will take almost the rest of their life for that furious state to wear off.  The rate at which the furious state decays is based on their relationship, so if they're friends and end up mad at each other they can start working the friendship back up and the rate of decay is much faster than otherwise.

Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 13, 22:41:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like a job for . . .the Phone hack! Just stick your sim on the phone with the burglar, and they won't stop until they get hungry or max out the relationship.

Or we can wait for the new version of "less whiny" which will hopefully include decreasing over time/interruptable/reduced anger animations.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 14, 01:29:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everyone meets the burglars now and gets furious at them. Even toddlers. I wouldn't be surprised if newborns do too lol.

On the bright side, at least it's possible to meet them now (supposedly you could free them from the cop car if you were quick enough, but at least as of me trying it with NL installed it no longer works).

However they STILL haven't fixed the damned bug that's broken with the cops so you can't meet them that's been in place since University. Pre-uni you could meet the cops and I even moved some in. Since Uni they get the leaving option queued up continously a bazillion times in some weird infinite loop until they leave the lot. You can see this by making them selectable.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: