More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 16, 10:17:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6518 Members
Latest Member: Willaemann
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Unknown's feelings towards Unknown
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unknown's feelings towards Unknown  (Read 6961 times)
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Unknown's feelings towards Unknown
« on: 2005 October 18, 01:16:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So...when I open up my neighborhood in SimPE, and check out the relationship resource, there are a ton of Unknowns.  Unknowns feelings towards my sims, my sims' feelings towards unknowns, unknowns feelings towards unknowns.  There are only about 50 sims total living in the neighborhood, and none of them came from other neighborhoods or anything like that.  Yet there are still over 2000 relationships showing, most of them being Unknown's feelings towards Unknowns.  Lots of Unknowns.

Can I safely delete all of the Unknown relationships?  Any guesses?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Unknown's feelings towards Unknown
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 18, 06:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you downloaded any houses from the exchange or anywhere?  If so, they could be characters from the neighbourhood the house was originally part of, which would all come out as "Unknown".  If you're going to delete them, the best way would be with the new version of SimPE (49) which is currently available to members of the QA Forum (not released officially yet) as that one deletes all the memories as well.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 18, 07:39:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the unknowns are not actually unknown, I think it means something is set wrong somewhere and SimPe is displaying them like that erroneously.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 18, 08:09:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From what I can tell, Unknown toward Unknown means they haven't met yet.  (Hopefully I'm talking about the same thing as you.)  If they've met the other sim it says something like Alistair Ambrosia towards Amy Ambrosia.

uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 18, 17:00:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, real quick.  No, I haven't downloaded any sims from anywhere.  These are either computer generated sims (townies) or CAS sims.  I only have 2 families currently in the hood.  They've haven't even met a single townie yet because I haven't played them yet.  Yet somehow, one of the mothers knows about 50 Unknowns.  I don't believe these are simply placeholders for actual sims (so I don't think "Prudence Crumplebottom's feelings towards Unknown" will change into "Prudence Crumplebottom's feelings towards Ivy Copur" because then all of my sims would have the same number of "feelings towards Unknown" (one for each sim they haven't met yet) and this isn't the case.

I'm going to back-up my neighborhood and just delete them all.  Wish me luck.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 18, 17:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed this too in the QA Simpe, it used to be that you could adjust the relationship in Simpe by selecting a sim and creating a relationship. All I get is greyed out unknowns.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 18, 17:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this problem too, but it was because I had FUBAR'ed my neighborhood.   Sad
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 18, 17:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well...my neighborhood being fubared would be really weird, because I just started this neighborhood.  Created 2 families, and moved them in.  They haven't met anyone except each other (one hasn't been played at all, except for about 5 seconds when I moved them in).

One thing, though.  All the houses in this neighborhood came from the other three neighborhoods.  I moved the sims out, deleted any tombstones, put the houses in the lots bin, and moved them to this new neighborhood.  And I notice my sims are doing that "jump" thing a lot, jumping out of actions and dropping stuff from their cues.  They also get blank memories (I did a seperate post on this).

I'm wondering if it's the houses themselves that are causing the problem, which would be kind of strange.  I did use Inge's "Stuff stays when family moves out" shrub, and I noticed that the Goth house (where one of my families is living) had a table disappear when I loaded it for the first time, and a chair that was "occupied" - you know, you can't delete it because it's "in use" even though no one is sitting there.
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 19, 00:01:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the sims your sim hasn't met is listed in the sim pool section of his relationships. You have to right-click them to add the relationship. I have a lot of "unknowns" showing up in my sim pool, and I would like to know what that means as well!
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 19, 01:38:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are these the Mr. Potatohead Unknowns? I'd love to know who all those are (and if they are safe to delete)!

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 19, 12:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes. the Mr. Potato Head unknowns.  I've deleted all the "Unknown's feelings towards Unknown" and my game hasn't exploded (yet).  Going to keep playing and see what happens.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 20, 02:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm under the impression that getting a Neighbourhood full of Mr Potato Head Unknowns was caused by a bug in an older version of SimPE (0.42, iirc) that allowed you to go into the Sim Browser BEFORE neighbourhood_whatever.package had finished loading. I emailed Quaxi about it and now, with 0.48, I get maybe one or two Mr Potato Head Unknowns in the whole Neighbourhood. The rest of the dead/ghost/unlinked characters appear with a dark blue background, but their correct names & pictures.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
uaintjak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 20, 14:50:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, except that there aren't any ghosts or unlinked characters in my neighborhood, and I'm using the latest version of SimPE, but when the new neighborhood was created and my first sims added, there were a ton of unknowns (not in the Sim Description, but only in the Relationships).  At any rate, having deleted all of the Unknown relationships, nothing bad seems to have happened (yet).
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 22, 07:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it possible that Inge's shrub has maintained the relationships that the previous sims in the homes had?
I use the shrub too, but plan it out in advance, move the entire family outside so they won't be using anything when I pull them out in the neighbourhood screen.

You're just talking about deleting relationships right? I delete them all the time (not just unknowns, but anyone they didn't shouldn't actually know, such as someone who popped in for 6 minutes while they were babies) I delete the corresponding memories as well (if there are any) and I haven't noticed any problems so far. (I've even deleted parental, sibling and family relations)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Marvin Kosh
Feckless Fool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 22, 08:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that the initial stock memories which Sims get when they are first instantiated (for Adults, this is 'Went to College', 'Met Mystery Sim', 'Had Very First Kiss with Mystery Sim', and 'Kissed Mystery Sim For the First Time') seem to get passed around a lot sine I installed Nightlife.  Or maybe this happened anyway and I didn't notice it before.  I dunno if they cause jagged-lines memories, but where possible I have either removed the memories outright to halt the spread, or specified the actual subject to which they should refer (so that a want for First Kiss doesn't roll up again, for example) and I'm just going to take a look and see if it makes any difference.  They're only test Sims, so if they spontaneously catch fire well, I know not to do that again.

Thanks for the guide (above) though Smiley

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: