More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 02, 08:17:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  No money when I stay at home
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No money when I stay at home  (Read 6721 times)
wou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
No money when I stay at home
« on: 2007 July 08, 16:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi! I'm pretty desperate because I really want to fix this bug  Huh ... I found a similar thread here about it ( http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7853.0.html ) but didnt reply because it was pretty old.

I have never hacked a game before or so, but even if that works, I'm running it on mac ... I guess the hack I'd find here would ve useless for mac right?

Thanks alot.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: No money when I stay at home
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 08, 16:56:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hacks will work for Mac.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
wou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 08, 17:31:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh, great, woo I'm getting less desperate  Grin
 hm I searched around here but didn't find it ... do you have a link perhaps?  Undecided

thanks!!

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 08, 18:23:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What bug you are referring to?

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 08, 18:26:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just download the director's cut.  It will save you a lot of worries.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
wou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 08, 19:30:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

right, thanks, I did. Is there a special location I should put the folder/files?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 08, 19:59:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In your downloads like any other download.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
wou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 08, 20:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hm so not somewhere in my The Sims 2 file? I still doesn't work .. I downloaded them all, also antibusinessdecay.package seperate.

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong gameplay wise? No idea .. my manager has all skills, is overpaid, is alive (is a robot) and when I check in everything is alright ... personally I'd place them somewhere in thesims2 map, but if you say so ... kinda sux though.

Thanks alot for the help.
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 08, 21:08:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you look at the manual, or read the readme file, that comes with the game, it will tell you the correct location to put all downloads on your Mac. (Most of us here are not Mac users, so we only know where to put downloads on Windows PCs.)

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
wou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 08, 23:21:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm yeah I checked the manual/readme but nothing in there. I put them in MAcintosh HD > Document > EA Games > The sims 2
When I start the game there's a popup asking to enable the packages, but that comes every time I open, not that bad, and I have a lot of freaky objects and all sorts, pretty cool. But that business bug isn't fixed still, I do check in every day ...

Any mac users here who might tell the exact location where I should put them? Thanks heaps.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 08, 23:43:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here I am Smiley.

You need to put the packages in Macintosh HD > Documents > EA Games > The Sims 2 > Downloads
(exactly that: capital D and stuff - if that folder doesn't exists, create it).

Also, check if in the popup the custom content are already enabled; if you checked it and the next time you launch the game is unchecked again, then you suffer a known bug; there are some workaround for that, but first you have to be sure that the custom content are already enabled when the game starts.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
wou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 09, 01:07:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

hi!

yes, i found that somewhere else, and indeed I made the folder Downloads. Yes indeed they are enabled when I start the game ... so no problems there ... and I have the idea the other hacks works.

There is one big improvement; when I go to the community lot, the shop is open! that wasn't so before.(but there are no emloyees though) But still ... around midnight "..hasn't made money today, it's time you'd shake up things ..."

I waited 3 days (in sim life  Grin)... I have no idea why it won't work  Sad

thanks alot for helping! well at least I'm sure where to put them now Smiley
wou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 09, 01:25:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

oh yeah Marhis did you have the problem yourself? pretty strange only some have it, or does everyone has this bug then hm?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 09, 01:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your business does not earn a net profit, then when you get home, your remote calculated income remains 0. If your business USED to earn money, but no longer does, use the Lot Debugger to "clear business decays" now that you have anti-business-decay, and remember to check in.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
wou
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 09, 12:15:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, well it has never made money when I was at home. And yes, I check in every day ... and my manager says everything is alright.

(when I come home from the shop though, and check in I have to fill a bar above my head when I talk to him, when I haven't been at the shop that day he just says I don't have to worry about anything.)

When I check the business at the computer, nothing changes ... so all data reamins the same as the last time I went on the community lot, so nothing happens over there.

When I do go (thanks to the hack the shop is open now when I arrive, it was closed before), I just wait, watch TV and at the end of the day my 5 personel people (2 managers) make about 25k. But then again when I go home my sim forces everyone to go home, closes the shop, and I never make money at midnight (home > a popup comes) ... even when I check in.

Pretty sad, but yeah, thanks alot for helping me out here, if you don't have a clue, no problem  Smiley
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 10, 23:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a similar problem with businesses earning §0 when my business-owner checks in, even though there was a net profit (the § bar shows all green for that period). I'd assumed it was a hack conflict, but even after removing and replacing various business-related hacks, in various combinations, the problem persists. The business owner checks in, the manager says everything is fine, but then at midnight the earnings are §0. It is very aggravating.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 11, 06:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you done "Fix.../Clear Business Decays"?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 11, 16:50:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. I haven't played any of those families since before the latest version of the lot debugger came out. I'll try it next time I play them.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: